SportsWrath

Focusing on the negative

Allstarjim

I thought that Dallas lost specifically because they kept blitzing Eli so much....there is a fine line you have to walk, I will say that. I still would like to see a lot more man coverage. I think Corey Webster can match up against any #1 wide receiver in the league, personally.

I was thinking the same thing. Golfy said that rob Ryan was overrated. He was right. The Jets zero blitz all the time too

C, don't give up on Prince yet. The play that really stands out is the TD to Robinson, but Romo threw that around the 5 second mark after the snap. You can't ask these guys to cover for that long, much less a rookie playing in his 4th pro game. This zone... you have players not on the same page every game, leading to blown coverages. I realize you can't just play one style of defense, but damn, we need less zone, a lot less. Or man/zone combo... man up on the wide receivers and TE and everyone else plays zone. I won't pretend to know the answers but I know what's NOT the answer, and that's Fewell's defense.

Aaron Ross has been really bad these past few games as well. It's getting ridiculous how often receivers are getting behind him.

Blown coverages in zone also happens when guys don't believe in it or each other. Guys start trying to do too much and/or freelance. Zone requires lots of study, concentration, loyalty to the system and trust in the other players. The Giants have not had a good pure zone defense since Belichick was here.

Blown coverages in zone also happens when guys don't believe in it or each other. Guys start trying to do too much and/or freelance. Zone requires lots of study, concentration, loyalty to the system and trust in the other players. The Giants have not had a good pure zone defense since Belichick was here.

What year was that? :smartass: history professor lol

Yeah, at some point, we really do have to look at who is playing back there. J Williams, T Sash, W Blackmon....these guys aren't just filling in a play here and there - we're counting on them for major contributions and they're not ready for that level of prime time yet.....but that's all we've got right now! Even the names that were fill ins a few weeks ago - Paysinger, Herzlich - they're out now! You can only hide players who aren't ready, only disguise coverages and use smoke and mirrors for so long. At some point, you need players to make plays and right now, our LBs and DBs are short in that department.

I was apoplectic upon hearing that shit man....Tom will stick a gun in his own mouth to make a point.

Exactly. There's a time and place for adherence to strict rules. Shit, I don't care if Bradshaw and Boley didn't get in until 1am, they still didn't miss any team meetings and came out ready to play. If you absolutely HAVE to sit them for fear of "losing the team" or what the heck ever, sit them for their opening series or for the 1st quarter TOPS. The first half benching was ridiculous. We need every healthy man out there we have.

Exactly. There's a time and place for adherence to strict rules. Shit, I don't care if Bradshaw and Boley didn't get in until 1am, they still didn't miss any team meetings and came out ready to play. If you absolutely HAVE to sit them for fear of "losing the team" or what the heck ever, sit them for their opening series or for the 1st quarter TOPS. The first half benching was ridiculous. We need every healthy man out there we have.

I had a feeling not starting Bradshaw was gonna come back to haunt us... last night we got lucky that didn't happen.

I had a feeling not starting Bradshaw was gonna come back to haunt us... last night we got lucky that didn't happen.

Ya, Jacobs actually played well....he ran hard....but I think a lot more of it has to do with us fixing our offensive line woes....

Ya, Jacobs actually played well....he ran hard....but I think a lot more of it has to do with us fixing our offensive line woes....

If Jacobs wasn't running effectively I bet Bradshaw would have been in after the first series or two. As it was I had no problem with it; Jacobs was the hotter back by far.

Dave (migraines) Brown?

Nope...that did not happen till 93-94 when Young had Reeves call Phil Simms down to tell him not only were they sitting him down for Brown Stain...but that they were cutting him period. The season before was LT's last year when the 69'ers earned their revenge and beat us 45-3 or something. Reeves hated Brown's guts and had no use for Young either. He felt that the transition should have been gradual if at all. But Reeves is tainted as well because his secret man love was a back up QB of his by the name of Maddox...I think it was Gary Maddox.

Exactly...if I am the owner I am still seething about it and telling him right now you are the coach....and as the coach I pay you to win ball games. OK I can understand rules but this bastards THAT I PAY ...did not a) shoot themselves or anyone else, b) participate in drug deals, take drugs...legal, illegal, performance enhancing or otherwise, c) did not engage in rapes, assaults, domestic violence, child abuse, animal abuse and d) did not openly flout your (the other coaches), Reeses or my authority. So I will lay it out for you Tom...if my team that I own had lost that game for your BULLSHIT I would be a very unhappy man right now....very unhappy.

That or something like it. Sometimes you have to talk people out of the boxes they snare themselves in.

I know....bad foot, not camp....only third game....he's a rookie.....I'm sure he will pan out. ......I dont' get Ross...the guy has all the talent in the world.

Wolf...I dont' disagree with you....given the types of athletes that are back there...you'd think they would let them play....big risk...but big reward...sort of like the Packers backfield.....These guys play not to get burned....way to ridged......and it is costing them big time...again...if Romo knocks two yards off that last ball to Miles....we're done for the year.

I dont' mind aggressive mistakes....its the playing it safe ones that make you crazy....

I guess maybe having 5 DBs on IR is part of the reason they are so risk adverse...but shit...what do you have to lose at this point.

C. Wagon

Exactly why Coughlin needs to, not going to happen, get on Fewell's case here. They are playing bend don't break and breaking. I am not a fan of Rob Ryan but at least he understands that he needs to hide his bad secondary by playing to their strength; bringing pressure. The Giants DLine is by far the strength but it's being wasted. Injuries obviously do make a difference but Fewell's defense has been bad since opening day and it's getting worse game by game.

Danny Kannel- roll right, run out of bounds, rinse and repeat.

:LMAO: Ah yes the memories...glorious...to quote that famous fictional character Dr. Smith...."the pain...oh the pain"... :LMAO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKwwcCpa2Ag&feature=related

DT? OK, maybe not all pros Joseph hasn't been awful and Canty has been pretty good - in fact, he was very good last night......DT isn't nearly the problem LB & DB are! And don't forget we still have Marvin Austin to add to the mix.