SportsWrath

Focusing on the negative

Allstarjim

WTF is up with you Aaron Ross? How many 1st downs and big plays did this guy allow tonight? He is SUCKING.

WTF, Kevin Boothe? Snap the ball to Eli! Not into the ground, not into your butt cheek, not into Eli's feet... Snap to his dang chest already! That's right, I said DANG!

WTF, Jacquian Williams? Is there a reason you're on the field? You ain't doin' SHIT out there!

WTF, Perry Fewell? Find a new defense, 'cause this one don't work, ass clown!

WTF, Mario Manningham? I can't believe there are some out there that still think you're good!

WTF, Victor Cruz? Can't you put together one clean game in a row? 2 drops in a row? TWO? You killed a drive by yourself!

WTF Ahmad Bradshaw! Get yo ass back to the hotel on time, you have all offseason to visit Dallas strip clubs. GAH!

Whew, I feel better... thanks for letting me vent.

WTF is up with you Aaron Ross? How many 1st downs and big plays did this guy allow tonight? He is SUCKING.

WTF, Kevin Boothe? Snap the ball to Eli! Not into the ground, not into your butt cheek, not into Eli's feet... Snap to his dang chest already! That's right, I said DANG!

WTF, Jacquian Williams? Is there a reason you're on the field? You ain't doin' SHIT out there!

WTF, Mario Manningham? I can't believe there are some out there that still think you're good!

WTF, Victor Cruz? Can't you put together one clean game in a row? 2 drops in a row? TWO? You killed a drive by yourself!

WTF Ahmad Bradshaw! Get yo ass back to the hotel on time, you have all offseason to visit Dallas strip clubs. GAH!

Agreed

May I add WTF w the shotgun draw?

With respect to the defense, it's pretty clear to me that his zone coverage is fucking useless.

Dont' get me wrong, I understand the concept. But the concept is not working.

He needs to start blitzing alot more. I understand that brings other risks, but it's alot better than watching the other team just take this defense apart, week after week after week.

Thank God this team has Eli Manning.

Agreed

May I add WTF w the shotgun draw?

It seems to only work on two point conversions, lol. I think Gilbride will self destruct if he can only run it when the situation calls for it....he's got to throw it in at the most inopportune times, lol.

With respect to the defense, it's pretty clear to me that his zone coverage is fucking useless.

He needs to start blitzing alot more. I understand that brings it's own risks, but it's alot better than watching the other team just take this defense apart, week after week after week.

I thought that Dallas lost specifically because they kept blitzing Eli so much....there is a fine line you have to walk, I will say that. I still would like to see a lot more man coverage. I think Corey Webster can match up against any #1 wide receiver in the league, personally.

I thought that Dallas lost specifically because they kept blitzing Eli so much....there is a fine line you have to walk, I will say that. I still would like to see a lot more man coverage. I think Corey Webster can match up against any #1 wide receiver in the league, personally.

I agree.....the blitz brings its own problems. But these guys are just so fucking lost right now, I think they need to let instinct and aggression take over.

Just look what happened today....two busted coverages, both from mental lapses regarding zone assignments.

No joke. I'm not saying Eli is the MVP. Clearly that is Aaron Rodgers. Maybe if we were a little better than 1 game over .500... but Eli is definitely on the short list. Brady, too.

The clear MVP of the league, if you go by how important he is to the team, is Peyton Manning.

Ahh I give Jaquain Williams a pass

I thought he made a couple nice tackles, but other than that, meh. For the life of me, I don't get why you sit two of your more important players for an entire half in a game you have to win because they missed a friggin curfew. It wasn't like they didn't show up for a team meeting with no excuse or call (D. Jax)....they didn't get into any trouble, and both seemed to be ready to contribute and play to a high level. I just don't get the logic there....unless it was a collaborative, team decision even among the players. In which case, I guess that's fine. But if it was Coughlin making that decision to sit them both for half the game then it is just plain dumb and stubborn.

I'm glad that our defense never has to play Eli. Eli is numero uno in the NFL against the blitz. Obviously, situations will dictate.

I thought he made a couple nice tackles, but other than that, meh. For the life of me, I don't get why you sit two of your more important players for an entire half in a game you have to win because they missed a friggin curfew. It wasn't like they didn't show up for a team meeting with no excuse or call (D. Jax)....they didn't get into any trouble, and both seemed to be ready to contribute and play to a high level. I just don't get the logic there....unless it was a collaborative, team decision even among the players. In which case, I guess that's fine. But if it was Coughlin making that decision to sit them both for half the game then it is just plain dumb and stubborn.

I was apoplectic upon hearing that shit man....Tom will stick a gun in his own mouth to make a point.

He needs to start blitzing alot more. I understand that brings other risks, but it's alot better than watching the other team just take this defense apart, week after week after week.

If Mr. Elite Romo puts that last throw anywhere near Mr. "My hammy hurts and I'm not going to sell Out" Miles.....the Giants are out of the Playoffs.

The Secondary was abused top to bottom last night and played with their own heads up their own asses. We burned a #1 on that kid out of Nebraska...and other then being hurt, all he as done is look soft, slow, and small.

C. Wagon

C, don't give up on Prince yet. The play that really stands out is the TD to Robinson, but Romo threw that around the 5 second mark after the snap. You can't ask these guys to cover for that long, much less a rookie playing in his 4th pro game. This zone... you have players not on the same page every game, leading to blown coverages. I realize you can't just play one style of defense, but damn, we need less zone, a lot less. Or man/zone combo... man up on the wide receivers and TE and everyone else plays zone. I won't pretend to know the answers but I know what's NOT the answer, and that's Fewell's defense.

Aaron Ross has been really bad these past few games as well. It's getting ridiculous how often receivers are getting behind him.

If Mr. Elite Romo puts that last throw anywhere near Mr. "My hammy hurts and I'm not going to sell Out" Miles.....the Giants are out of the Playoffs.

The Secondary was abused top to bottom last night and played with their own heads up their own asses. We burned a #1 on that kid out of Nebraska...and other then being hurt, all he as done is look soft, slow, and small.

C. Wagon

This is why Fewell needs to be fired yesterday or Coughlin needs to tell him, in no uncertain terms, to get his shit together. There is far too much talent on the D for them to playing this terrible. The D is bottom 25 in every category which is just plain shocking considering the Giants have many first round picks on the D. As mentioned Eli has carried this team and without him the Giants would no doubt be looking at a top 10 draft pick.

The one constant is Perry Fewel... :angry:

Even though we won I woke up this morning feeling like we lost.. because this ass-clownish defense we have is atrocious... can we stop anyone.. anyone?

Cruz is dropping easy catches now? WTF :ranting2:

C, don't give up on Prince yet. The play that really stands out is the TD to Robinson, but Romo threw that around the 5 second mark after the snap. You can't ask these guys to cover for that long, much less a rookie playing in his 4th pro game. This zone... you have players not on the same page every game, leading to blown coverages. I realize you can't just play one style of defense, but damn, we need less zone, a lot less. Or man/zone combo... man up on the wide receivers and TE and everyone else plays zone. I won't pretend to know the answers but I know what's NOT the answer, and that's Fewell's defense.

Aaron Ross has been really bad these past few games as well. It's getting ridiculous how often receivers are getting behind him.

I know....bad foot, not camp....only third game....he's a rookie.....I'm sure he will pan out. ......I dont' get Ross...the guy has all the talent in the world.

Wolf...I dont' disagree with you....given the types of athletes that are back there...you'd think they would let them play....big risk...but big reward...sort of like the Packers backfield.....These guys play not to get burned....way to ridged......and it is costing them big time...again...if Romo knocks two yards off that last ball to Miles....we're done for the year.

I dont' mind aggressive mistakes....its the playing it safe ones that make you crazy....

I guess maybe having 5 DBs on IR is part of the reason they are so risk adverse...but shit...what do you have to lose at this point.

C. Wagon

I know....bad foot, not camp....only third game....he's a rookie.....I'm sure he will pan out. ......I dont' get Ross...the guy has all the talent in the world.

Wolf...I dont' disagree with you....given the types of athletes that are back there...you'd think they would let them play....big risk...but big reward...sort of like the Packers backfield.....These guys play not to get burned....way to ridged......and it is costing them big time...again...if Romo knocks two yards off that last ball to Miles....we're done for the year.

I dont' mind aggressive mistakes....its the playing it safe ones that make you crazy....

I guess maybe having 5 DBs on IR is part of the reason they are so risk adverse...but shit...what do you have to lose at this point.

C. Wagon

Bingo