SportsWrath

Focusing on the negative

Allstarjim

Yeah, he's been a major disappointment for a #1 pick. He had the one good game after his first bad game and coaches and teammates all pumped him up with pep talks. Since then, he's slid back into mediocrity and last night, slid even further. When we get TT and a healthy Prince, along with a few of the other DBs who went down into camp next summer, I'm not sure Ross makes the team.

Nope...that did not happen till 93-94 when Young had Reeves call Phil Simms down to tell him not only were they sitting him down for Brown Stain...but that they were cutting him period. The season before was LT's last year when the 69'ers earned their revenge and beat us 45-3 or something. Reeves hated Brown's guts and had no use for Young either. He felt that the transition should have been gradual if at all. But Reeves is tainted as well because his secret man love was a back up QB of his by the name of Maddox...I think it was Gary Maddox.

Tommy Maddox? He went on to have some pretty solid years with the Steelers.

Exactly. There's a time and place for adherence to strict rules. Shit, I don't care if Bradshaw and Boley didn't get in until 1am, they still didn't miss any team meetings and came out ready to play. If you absolutely HAVE to sit them for fear of "losing the team" or what the heck ever, sit them for their opening series or for the 1st quarter TOPS. The first half benching was ridiculous. We need every healthy man out there we have.

Fuck that noise. Bradshaw has been out for WEEKS. If he didn't have a chance to go out then, he damn sure doesn't have it now. With the way this team has been running all year even when he was playing earlier this season, he's deciding to go for the superstar treatment now?

Hope he got fined, too.

Benching Bradshaw was one thing...

Boley though, well he is by far our best LB and it's not even close. Kiwi is great but Boley is superior in coverage.

Also just getting back to the lineup from injury. These clowns might want to look at the team's record, and how their squad's performance played a role in it.

Also just getting back to the lineup from injury. These clowns might want to look at the team's record, and how their squad's performance played a role in it.

In there defense, well atleast Boleys defense, the game was 8:30 pm not 1 or even 4. Say they were out till 2 and curfew was midnight, that's still 12 hours+ of rest

Guest StrahansGap

You forgot about Justin Tuck. He has been virtually invisible this year. I'm sick of hearing about his injuries too. If he's dressed, then he should be playing his ass off.........period.

Fuck that noise. Bradshaw has been out for WEEKS. If he didn't have a chance to go out then, he damn sure doesn't have it now. With the way this team has been running all year even when he was playing earlier this season, he's deciding to go for the superstar treatment now?

Hope he got fined, too.

I would have much rather preferred Bradshaw playing than Jacobs.

I would have much rather preferred Bradshaw playing than Jacobs.

Why? Jacobs ran for over a hundred yards last night. I'm thinking that he might have been the reason Bradshaw was out for the entire first half, and not just a quarter. After all, Coughlin didn't even leave Burress out for a half, and I'm sure he had more violations than Bradshaw.

:LMAO: Ah yes the memories...glorious...to quote that famous fictional character Dr. Smith...."the pain...oh the pain"... :LMAO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKwwcCpa2Ag&feature=related

it's funny you mention it today. i watched high(low)lights last nite of the bears (?) QB. And he was rolling left on every play. I thought, they stole Danny Kannel's playbook but had it upside down.

Why? Jacobs ran for over a hundred yards last night. I'm thinking that he might have been the reason Bradshaw was out for the entire first half, and not just a quarter. After all, Coughlin didn't even leave Burress out for a half, and I'm sure he had more violations than Bradshaw.

Jacobs ran for over a hundred yards because the offensive line finally did something, not because he is even 1/5 the running back Ahmad Bradshaw is....

And they finally pulled guards, got him a fullback/out of single back sets all the time, and ran him off tackle like they should have been doing all along....

Bradshaw is far more explosive and probably would have taken a couple of Jacobs bigger gains for much bigger gains....

The game was won. Jacobs had a good day and considering his volatile personality, it will probably help his psyche going forward that the team gave him the load and he had success. I agree Bradshaw is the better back and if they lost the game his extended absense would have been an issue but let's look forward to next week and hope the ground game keeps rolling.

You forgot about Justin Tuck. He has been virtually invisible this year. I'm sick of hearing about his injuries too. If he's dressed, then he should be playing his ass off.........period.

Tuck does play his ass off... A neck injury is a bitch to deal with though.

Our running game was at its best when Jacobs and Bradshaw were sharing in the carries, why are you guys asking for more of the shitty running game that we've been seeing this entire year?

Just a note, there were a couple of runs where Jacobs clobbered an incoming tackler.

Our running game was at its best when Jacobs and Bradshaw were sharing in the carries, why are you guys asking for more of the shitty running game that we've been seeing this entire year?

Just a note, there were a couple of runs where Jacobs clobbered an incoming tackler.

Agreed.. the problem is BJ only brings it when he feels like it...

Agreed.. the problem is BJ only brings it when he feels like it...

I think there's just too many times when he's trying to be "smart" or "shifty" and over-thinks his role on the offense (I don't believe thinking is his strong suit). When he puts his head down and just runs straight he's fine.

I think there's just too many times when he's trying to be "smart" or "shifty" and over-thinks his role on the offense (I don't believe thinking is his strong suit). When he puts his head down and just runs straight he's fine.

Agreed. he's not built to be a Barry Sanders... the only time I'd want him to think is to avoid running into his own lineman lol