SportsWrath

Vick's Got a Pair of Busted McRibs.

hlb37

TT - No. He is the one player in all of sports that it's just fine to root for him to be catastrophically injured.

I'm sure they are going to throw one of those kevlar wraps around it. It will protect the ribs but I'm sure it won't be very comfortable for him to run around at all. Plus he will be in a lot of pain when we hit him, regardless of the kevlar.

Curious to see the status of Maclin. I suspect at some point we will see Vince Young in that game.

Yup we all know this too well.

I think he might still play. Love to see him get a few more rib cracked. Am I a bad person???

Vick deserves whatever he gets on the field. He's a disgrace to professional sports.

Vick deserves whatever he gets on the field. He's a disgrace to professional sports.

Agreed , not only is he a despicable character , he is the QB of our most hated rival . I hope that fat walrus puts him in the firing line of the best pass rushers in the NFL and he breaks a couple more

2r2q69e.jpg

Oh come on now, Vick is not a despicable human being and far from a disgrace to professional sports.

I hope he plays because I want to watch the Giants kick the shit out of the Eagles without the excuse being Vick was out.

Oh come on now, Vick is not a despicable human being and far from a disgrace to professional sports.

I hope he plays because I want to watch the Giants kick the shit out of the Eagles without the excuse being Vick was out.

1. you're first statement is incorrect.

2. We already beat the Eagles like that. Now we just need wins and desperately.

I hope god damn Droopy Dog is the QB on Sunday night.

I suppose we'll need to agree to disagree. Anyone who tortures and kills defenseless animals falls into my "dispicable disgrace" category.

He's a few rungs up from Sandusky, but that's not saying much.

If Vick's name was "Michael Smith," and he was the crossing guard in your town, he'd be doing 20 years for running an interstate gambling ring. But because he runs really fast he's making 100 mil instead.

Fuck that asshole. I hope we break his legs, too.

Yeah he is probably the only person in sports I would wish harm on. He should never set foot on a football field. What kind of message would that sent to kids? I'm all for someone getting a second chance. But not this. If they can keep Pete rose from the hall. They should keep ConVick from football.

Screw this dude. Hope tuck,Osi, JPP and canty put this dude out.

The case may be made that he served the time he was sentenced and since he's been back he's been a stellar member of society (I have no idea what he's done other than on the football field, though I've heard he has spoken for animal rights and such). However when I look over at my dog, who right now is on my bed, resting her head on my pillow zonked out after a hard day of licking and scratching, I thi nk to myself, "what kind of person does it take to fight these animals, to electrocute, drown, beat and kill them out of cold blood".

Yessir, Michael Vick is a despicable human being, and a disgrace to humanity.

The case may be made that he served the time he was sentenced and since he's been back he's been a stellar member of society (I have no idea what he's done other than on the football field, though I've heard he has spoken for animal rights and such). However when I look over at my dog, who right now is on my bed, resting her head on my pillow zonked out after a hard day of licking and scratching, I thi nk to myself, "what kind of person does it take to fight these animals, to electrocute, drown, beat and kill them out of cold blood".

Yessir, Michael Vick is a despicable human being, and a disgrace to humanity.

Isnt Dog fighting just a really common "way of life" so to speak in those more southern areas? Last I read it is still a major illegal gambling ring all across those rural and urban areas of America.

Doesnt make it right but is Vick grew up around dog fighting to him it would just be another way of making money. I mean he did finance a huge operation and wasnt some of his close family involved? More then likely as he was growing up it was something that one of his family members did for money. Once again not making it right but at the same time to him it was probably just the same as a kid growing up around drug dealers thinking that is his only way to make money.

Isnt Dog fighting just a really common "way of life" so to speak in those more southern areas? Last I read it is still a major illegal gambling ring all across those rural and urban areas of America.

Doesnt make it right but is Vick grew up around dog fighting to him it would just be another way of making money. I mean he did finance a huge operation and wasnt some of his close family involved? More then likely as he was growing up it was something that one of his family members did for money. Once again not making it right but at the same time to him it was probably just the same as a kid growing up around drug dealers thinking that is his only way to make money.

Yes, those Southern areas like Newport News, VA. :facepalm: That's where Vick is from, btw. Newport News, Hampton Roads area, Norfolk, all the same area... it's a metropolitan area and a diverse area with a lot of military. There is a lot of ghetto also and I know Vick grew up poor. But I reject this as a "southern" thing, too. Maybe southern from your perspective being in Canada, but this issue is more of an urban/poverty thing, I believe. And it really doesn't matter the circumstances. He was a grown man with a lot of money when this was going down... Years in the NFL at this point. He took defenseless animals, made them killers, and then tortured and killed them. Came up with creative ways to kill them. I'm sure he took enjoyment out it. I mean, why hold a dog underwater till he drowns? If you are going to put a dog down, a bullet is more humane. Who would even think of electrocuting a dog? He's a piece of shit. You have to know that everyone has an innate sense of right and wrong, regardless of upbringing. Sure, some stuff might fall into a gray area, but you would think the way he treated those dogs, disposed of them like trash, and killed them like they were what you'd find on the bottom of your shoe, it's disgusting. That behavior is squarely in the fucked up category, I don't care who you are. He plays QB in the perfect city for a guy like him.

Again I'm from that area and I have a lot of family that live in rural areas in WV/VA, and that is not normal.

Yes, those Southern areas like Newport News, VA. :facepalm: That's where Vick is from, btw. Newport News, Hampton Roads area, Norfolk, all the same area... it's a metropolitan area and a diverse area with a lot of military. There is a lot of ghetto also and I know Vick grew up poor. But I reject this as a "southern" thing, too. Maybe southern from your perspective being in Canada, but this issue is more of an urban/poverty thing, I believe. And it really doesn't matter the circumstances. He was a grown man with a lot of money when this was going down... Years in the NFL at this point. He took defenseless animals, made them killers, and then tortured and killed them. Came up with creative ways to kill them. I'm sure he took enjoyment out it. I mean, why hold a dog underwater till he drowns? If you are going to put a dog down, a bullet is more humane. Who would even think of electrocuting a dog? He's a piece of shit. You have to know that everyone has an innate sense of right and wrong, regardless of upbringing. Sure, some stuff might fall into a gray area, but you would think the way he treated those dogs, disposed of them like trash, and killed them like they were what you'd find on the bottom of your shoe, it's disgusting. That behavior is squarely in the fucked up category, I don't care who you are. He plays QB in the perfect city for a guy like him.

Again I'm from that area and I have a lot of family that live in rural areas in WV/VA, and that is not normal.

Once again I'm not saying any of it was right.

I'm just saying if he grew up around dog fighting which he most likely did, it would just be common place for him to invest that money he was making in the NFL into something that was making him and the family working for him more money. Obviously even after being drafted into the NFL and getting the millions from the Falcons he continued to "hang with dem home boyzzz" from his past. Obviously what he did was wrong, I'm just surprised mostly with the fact that Vick is getting more attention then the cause of the dog fighting. Alot of people hate Vick solely for the fact of what he did, not the fact that dog fighting is a major problem in America or that how can I say it urban youths are brought up to believe that these types of things are right to do.

Like I said not defending him in any way, he's served his time and what ever happens to him happens to him.

Once again I'm not saying any of it was right.

I'm just saying if he grew up around dog fighting which he most likely did, it would just be common place for him to invest that money he was making in the NFL into something that was making him and the family working for him more money. Obviously even after being drafted into the NFL and getting the millions from the Falcons he continued to "hang with dem home boyzzz" from his past. Obviously what he did was wrong, I'm just surprised mostly with the fact that Vick is getting more attention then the cause of the dog fighting. Alot of people hate Vick solely for the fact of what he did, not the fact that dog fighting is a major problem in America or that how can I say it urban youths are brought up to believe that these types of things are right to do.

Like I said not defending him in any way, he's served his time and what ever happens to him happens to him.

There is no real evidence to say any of that statement is true. Some statistics: My link

I don't think it happens all the time, and don't believe it's a huge problem in America, I don't believe it is normalized behavior in urban areas. I do believe that cross-culturally, this is thought of as immoral, wrong behavior. And I don't think that urban youths are brought up to believe this stuff is right to do. Of course, I wasn't raised in that society. Those are just my beliefs. But it's not out of line to hate Vick for what he did regardless, whether it's a big problem in our society or not. It's just messed up. I'm sure people despise all pedophilia, not just Jerry Sandusky. But anytime you put a major face on a crime like this you are going to get a lot of reaction. In Vick's case, he escaped that lifestyle... there's no valid excuse for him. He can't claim he was stuck in the ghetto and that's how people live in the ghetto. He didn't live in the ghetto anymore. He brought the ghetto to him, and that was his choice.

By golly, I think you answered your own question. :rolleyes:

Eventually you grow out of the idea that things you witnessed as a child are the right way to behave.

I've lived in Louisiana and Virginia, my family has gone from dirt poor when I was a child to middle class, the town I lived in Louisiana had a population of just over 400 and was on the outskirts of a military base (Fort Polk, aka Tigerland). I lived in a small Virginia 6town for 20 years and now live in a moderately sized city. I've never seen a dogfight, hell, I've never even heard rumors of dog fights being held. Now, obviously they are happening, but I don't think it's some wide spread southern/culrtural thing.

However, maybe he did grow up with it, maybe he didn't know fighting them was wrong, I can respect the argument that it was something taught to him and a part of his life from a child, but the way he went about killing these dogs chills me, I shudder when I try to think of what happened to these animals when they didn't fight to the death good enough.