SportsWrath

Bears vs Eagles

Steitzenhaus

Yea me too, didn't Reese give Tynes a 6 year deal after the SB? Lol Tynes is mediocre at best but he is a SB winner and did get the game

Winner in Antarctica for the NFC championship but that's all he's got.

...on his THIRD try. He could have easily been the reason we lost to GB that year.

Fantastic win. The Bears really did us a solid. Eagles get the Cardinals next week possibly without Kolb (which I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing). You have to believe they will beat the Cards in their sleep. We really need to beat the 49ers. If so, we can absolutely bury the Eagles the following week and probably break their will.

I'm not satisfied with a 2 game lead over the Cowboys and a 3 game lead over the Eagles, because both of their schedules are much softer than ours. The Eagles have the Pats after us but then they get the Seahawks and Dolphins. They play the Redskins week 17. Almost assuredly, they will beat Cards, 'Hawks, 'Phins, and 'Skins. Minimum they will finish 7-9. So they aren't out of it, we just have to keep winning. The big games for them are us, Pats, Dallas, and the Jets the rest of the way. If they split those games, they go 9-7. It makes the game against Philthy so, so critical to win, even with a 3 game advantage on them right now.

As for the Cowboys, they have a home game against Buffalo this weekend, but then have three straight cupcake games before playing us, against the 'Skins, Miami, and Cards. They could easily win 4 in a row prior to playing us, which will push them to 8-4. Prior to us playing Dallas, we have a Murders' Row of opponents. I think we can beat the 49ers, but it won't be easy. But after that, the huge game against Philly, then @New Orleans and Green Bay at home. Why does our 2 game lead in the division seem so shaky?

Week 17 against Dallas (in our house) could decide the division.

Fantastic win. The Bears really did us a solid. Eagles get the Cardinals next week possibly without Kolb (which I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing). You have to believe they will beat the Cards in their sleep. We really need to beat the 49ers. If so, we can absolutely bury the Eagles the following week and probably break their will.

I'm not satisfied with a 2 game lead over the Cowboys and a 3 game lead over the Eagles, because both of their schedules are much softer than ours. The Eagles have the Pats after us but then they get the Seahawks and Dolphins. They play the Redskins week 17. Almost assuredly, they will beat Cards, 'Hawks, 'Phins, and 'Skins. Minimum they will finish 7-9. So they aren't out of it, we just have to keep winning. The big games for them are us, Pats, Dallas, and the Jets the rest of the way. If they split those games, they go 9-7. It makes the game against Philthy so, so critical to win, even with a 3 game advantage on them right now.

As for the Cowboys, they have a home game against Buffalo this weekend, but then have three straight cupcake games before playing us, against the 'Skins, Miami, and Cards. They could easily win 4 in a row prior to playing us, which will push them to 8-4. Prior to us playing Dallas, we have a Murders' Row of opponents. I think we can beat the 49ers, but it won't be easy. But after that, the huge game against Philly, then @New Orleans and Green Bay at home. Why does our 2 game lead in the division seem so shaky?

We also have the Jets at some point which won't be particularly easy. If we go 4-3 in the remaining NFC games with 3 of the 4 wins coming in our remaining division games - we've got he division.

While I'd like to beat Green Bay and San Francisco for home field advantage implications come playoff time, I'm more interested in making the playoffs in the first place.

Agreed though on the Bears...Eagles all but have to win out AND beat both us and Dallas in order to get in on the Wild Card.

...on his THIRD try. He could have easily been the reason we lost to GB that year.

Well to be fair to Tynes the distance he was kicking had never been completed by any kicker at Lambeau Field ever after December, I think that was the month, before his game winner. It must have been like trying to kick a rock.

tynes_medium.jpg

Agreed....nice to have a 2 game cushion, but that could be gone quickly.

However, if the Giants can win their remaining NFC East games, they've got to be close to a lock for the division.

Agreed....nice to have a 2 game cushion, but that could be gone quickly.

However, if the Giants can win their remaining NFC East games, they've got to be close to a lock for the division.

If they put two losses on the Cowboys, a loss on Washington, and another loss on Philly - the division is a no-brainer.

If they put two losses on the Cowboys, a loss on Washington, and another loss on Philly - the division is a no-brainer.

That's why I'm not sweating 49ers, Packers, Saints, Jets.....sure, would love to see them win those games. But if they take care of stuff inside the division, that's 10-6 with all the tiebreakers they really need.

Easier said than done.....two weeks from now, Philly is going to be treating that game as their playoffs.

Well to be fair to Tynes the distance he was kicking had never been completed by any kicker at Lambeau Field ever after December, I think that was the month, before his game winner. It must have been like trying to kick a rock.

tynes_medium.jpg

The one he made to win it was farther than the ones he missed.

He missed from 43 yards out early in the fourth, and he missed from 36 yards with 4 seconds left. (And btw he hit a 37 yarder earlier in the game). Then he nailed the game winner from 47 yards. It was totally ridiculous and I don't think I've ever had less confidence in anything than when I saw him walk out on the field to kick that FG in OT.

I'm pretty sure you were trying to say that his actual 47 yard game winner was impressive, but that was Tree's point, that he missed other easy opportunities to win the game. (To put his miss from 36 in perspective, Tynes himself had hit earlier from 37, and the Packers kicker made kicks of 36 and 37....so the weather isn't a valid excuse for missing that kick, at all.)

-Z

That's why I'm not sweating 49ers, Packers, Saints, Jets.....sure, would love to see them win those games. But if they take care of stuff inside the division, that's 10-6 with all the tiebreakers they really need.

Easier said than done.....two weeks from now, Philly is going to be treating that game as their playoffs.

Putting a loss on the Packers may not mean much because they'll probably end up with the better overall record regardless. But, if the Packers lose a division game or two in addition to ours - I suppose the potential is there for them to have to face a division opponent in the playoffs, which would be good for us.

Saints - they seem to be the NFC's Patriots to me. Good, high scoring offense with complete lack of defense. I'm confident that if we can beat the Patriots, then we can beat the Saints.

49ers - I'd simply like to win this game so that if we meet in the playoffs, we'd have home field advantage over somebody.

Jets - completely not even interested in. If the Giants have to lose a game, this is the one.

Putting a loss on the Packers may not mean much because they'll probably end up with the better overall record regardless. But, if the Packers lose a division game or two in addition to ours - I suppose the potential is there for them to have to face a division opponent in the playoffs, which would be good for us.

Saints - they seem to be the NFC's Patriots to me. Good, high scoring offense with complete lack of defense. I'm confident that if we can beat the Patriots, then we can beat the Saints.

49ers - I'd simply like to win this game so that if we meet in the playoffs, we'd have home field advantage over somebody.

Jets - completely not even interested in. If the Giants have to lose a game, this is the one.

What are you doing to me? :ranting2:

Agree mostly on the Saints, but I think the Saints have better, deeper receivers, but worse run defense than the Pats.

What are you doing to me? :ranting2:

I hate the Jets as much as the next guy, but looking at it from the playoff perspective, the Jets game isn't that important.

Agree mostly on the Saints, but I think the Saints have better, deeper receivers, but worse run defense than the Pats.

I can agree with that. Darren Sproles has been kicking ass for me this year fantasy-wise. Here's hoping for a Giants win with a 200 yd, 2 TD day from Sproles!

Hahaha....that Eagles board is hilarious. I cant imagine the poor quality of the posts there. Its downright pathetic.

Yeah man...the level of cognitive functioning is abysmally low.... the misspellings and the syntax errors made me laugh. :laugh:

The one he made to win it was farther than the ones he missed.

He missed from 43 yards out early in the fourth, and he missed from 36 yards with 4 seconds left. (And btw he hit a 37 yarder earlier in the game). Then he nailed the game winner from 47 yards. It was totally ridiculous and I don't think I've ever had less confidence in anything than when I saw him walk out on the field to kick that FG in OT.

I'm pretty sure you were trying to say that his actual 47 yard game winner was impressive, but that was Tree's point, that he missed other easy opportunities to win the game. (To put his miss from 36 in perspective, Tynes himself had hit earlier from 37, and the Packers kicker made kicks of 36 and 37....so the weather isn't a valid excuse for missing that kick, at all.)

-Z

Hmmm...I thought all his misses were from 40+ and that was the un-achievable distance. I wish I knew what the exact stat was. Anyway wasn't the missed 36 yarder a botched snap?

I'm considering joining that board.. not as a trash talker of course.. more of a counselor :).

Haha me too. I notice that eagle board has more haters than we got here. They seem to only have two true iggle fans around to defend their lost. Kinda proof how fun it is to hate the iggles LOL.

Not much of a troll but im seriously considering joining.

San Francisco is looking like a tough game

And that's just how I like it.. did you notice our losses were to the fucking skins and the seahawks?

Although we were one play away from sealing a W against the Seahawks... Eli would have had one more TD and one less INT.

Dallas are rubbish ........i can even see them losing to Miami

Philly game in a couple of weeks time is absolutely massive ...that's the one i care about more than any remaining game in the schedule ( and Tom knows it too )

Hopefully we add to their misery that day.. or.. put them out of their misery.

Haha me too. I notice that eagle board has more haters than we got here. They seem to only have two true iggle fans around to defend their lost. Kinda proof how fun it is to hate the iggles LOL.

Not much of a troll but im seriously considering joining.

I think a lot of sports teams boards are like that.. Remember we were exiled from the GMB and we have great people here.. from all walks of life. I love this board.

Never rely on a win against Philly. Those fuckers have screwed up more seasons for us than I care to remember.

Dallas are rubbish ........i can even see them losing to Miami

Philly game in a couple of weeks time is absolutely massive ...that's the one i care about more than any remaining game in the schedule ( and Tom knows it too )

Murray is very dangerous and this run defense is not great. Dallas will not be a cakewalk.