SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs

Lughead

He sure made me feel like an idiot for defending him in the past.

But, it's a long season....plenty of shots for redemption left.

I would care less if he was benched or put on the practice squad would be better. That was the best article ive read about him.

He is running scare therefore you see the lack of power hitting the tackles. The dude is playing with another contract in mind. That's what I think. Cuz this isn't the same old Jacobs we all know from when we draft him.

:confused:...most players who are playing for another contract usually produce on the field.

He is running scare therefore you see the lack of power hitting the tackles. The dude is playing with another contract in mind. That's what I think. Cuz this isn't the same old Jacobs we all know from when we draft him.

I don't think the sporadic playing time is helping much, either.

:confused:...most players who are playing for another contract usually produce on the field.

So what could be the problem?? If you're given so little carries to work with. Shouldn't you be out there knocking people down?? Spark some light into the coaches to give you more carries?? Is this dude hurt?

Times like this wish we drafted Joe Staley. Did you guys see him gaining those yards?? And he can block for SF. Extra plus

I think you may be right. He doesn't want to take hits, especially not for a team he doesn't really want to play for. He does appear to be going through the motions, playing with no intensity or want to. They are hungry players behind him on the depth chart. The only thing I can say is he did pick up the blitz pretty well in that game. All he needs to do is channel that anger out on the football field. I hope he starts doing that this Sunday.

Ya Jim, I mean, if I were him, I'd be pissed off and running people over....not just going through the motions. At this rate, you won't see Jacobs on another team next year....

I'm starting to think that injuries have really taken a toll on the guy, too. Someone even commented during the game (one of the announcers) that he just appears to be lacking the physical ability at the moment. I think it's a combination of him being a head case (which, IMO, he always has been, look back to all the damn times early in his career where he'd break a big gain, only to do something stupid like throw the football, or get up in a guy's face and get a penalty on him) and him getting nicked up so much over the years that he just doesn't have the ability anymore. He's not a young back really, either.

So what could be the problem?? If you're given so little carries to work with. Shouldn't you be out there knocking people down?? Spark some light into the coaches to give you more carries?? Is this dude hurt?

Times like this wish we drafted Joe Staley. Did you guys see him gaining those yards?? And he can block for SF. Extra plus

This.

Not going to defend the whiney complainer act. Nor will i defend the fumble and the dropped pass.

that having been said, our running game sucks because our line is struggling on their blocking assignments. We definitely do not have that "chorus line" feel that is the hallmark of good running teams.

Whole host of reasons for this besides just Jacobs Sucks. The biggest thing is continuity though. New starters in 3 positions ( plus no Boss ). Add to that the missed games / practices for Snee and Bass and the short preseason.

Unfortunately we just aren't getting a good push right now.

Ya Jim, I mean, if I were him, I'd be pissed off and running people over....not just going through the motions. At this rate, you won't see Jacobs on another team next year....

I'm starting to think that injuries have really taken a toll on the guy, too. Someone even commented during the game (one of the announcers) that he just appears to be lacking the physical ability at the moment. I think it's a combination of him being a head case (which, IMO, he always has been, look back to all the damn times early in his career where he'd break a big gain, only to do something stupid like throw the football, or get up in a guy's face and get a penalty on him) and him getting nicked up so much over the years that he just doesn't have the ability anymore. He's not a young back really, either.

The Raiders will sign him. But seriously.. I'm looking to this NE game for Jacobs to either put up or shut the fuck up.. for good. He didn't play much because he was hurt and when he was on the filed he didn't produce. I hope to god the activate Scott just to see what he can do.

Not going to defend the whiney complainer act. Nor will i defend the fumble and the dropped pass.

that having been said, our running game sucks because our line is struggling on their blocking assignments. We definitely do not have that "chorus line" feel that is the hallmark of good running teams.

Whole host of reasons for this besides just Jacobs Sucks. The biggest thing is continuity though. New starters in 3 positions ( plus no Boss ). Add to that the missed games / practices for Snee and Bass and the short preseason.

The problem is BJ is making this about him... not the 52 other dudes on the roster. He has a remarkable combination of motor mouth coupled with no production.

I really wonder why we are such a good pass blocking team at the moment, lol. The run blocking blows! Apparently, we don't have a smash mouth offensive line anymore with the loss of O'hara and Seubert. Looks more like a finesse oline....in which, we need a back with some cutting ability anyway, IMO.

I would be activating D. Scott.

Reading these post make me wonder if our backs are worth what is paid. You guys telling me AP has a great O-line Vikings?? The freaking eagles have super stars on their line? How about fosters line? Fred Jackson and matt forte should be screaming to get paid cuz Bradshaw and Jacob combine can't touch any of those guys mention( I know putting AP is not fair). I like Bradshaw he still running with heart but you can't say he is a top RB in the league. By that I mean top 10.

Hes not. Hes a solid runner though and if you can pair him with another good back I think the team would be fine. Maybe we get a taste of what Scott can do at some point. It would be nice one of these years though to have a bell cow back that you can give the ball 30 times to and have him carry you to a win.

Reading these post make me wonder if our backs are worth what is paid. You guys telling me AP has a great O-line Vikings?? The freaking eagles have super stars on their line? How about fosters line? Fred Jackson and matt forte should be screaming to get paid cuz Bradshaw and Jacob combine can't touch any of those guys mention( I know putting AP is not fair). I like Bradshaw he still running with heart but you can't say he is a top RB in the league. By that I mean top 10.

Excellent observation. I like Ahmed... a lot actually. Dude runs tough and blocks like no other... he plays like he is the biggest man on the field. Speaking of the Eagles... NOTHING will make me happier than if we can snatch McCoy from them.. I know it's near impossible but who knows.

But seriously.. BJ Needs to stfu

Seriously I don't like either one of our backs they both suck.

I have lost count the amount of time Ahmed has not gained or lost yards this year because he ran east or west and not north and south. He jukes and cuts parallel to the line of scrimmage looking for the big play instead of sticking his nose up in there and getting the 3-5 yards that are there.

Jacobs does the same shit, and whats worse with him even if there was nothing there and if he ran north and south and got his pad level down he would most like gain 3-4 yards just on sheer momentum. He tries to act to much like a scat back.

Things brings me to a thread i was going to create Top positions to be targeted in next years draft.. If you ask me 1 and 2 could be swapped but 3 is definitely RB

1. LINEBACKER!!!!!!

2. OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!

3. A Real Running Back.

4. Safety

5. DT

6. DB

7. TE

Ahmad is good, do you guys see how bad our Oline has run blocked at times?? Jacobs is cashed though.

The o-line has not been as good as they have in the past. but there has been NUMEROUS times that some holes were there for a few yards that Ahmed just goes on bye looking for the big gainer. I have every game recorded from this year. I have watch most of them multiple times. Ahmed made his name off the superb blocking from the o-line the past few years. It either that or he is trying to be a super star when all this team needs is a lunch pail guy.

The o-line has not been as good as they have in the past. but there has been NUMEROUS times that some holes were there for a few yards that Ahmed just goes on bye looking for the big gainer. I have every game recorded from this year. I have watch most of them multiple times. Ahmed made his name off the superb blocking from the o-line the past few years. It either that or he is trying to be a super star when all this team needs is a lunch pail guy.

This is true. The blocking hasn't been what it was, but its not hopeless either. I think he's been spoiled by the line the Giants had a couple seasons ago, and he never learned what an NFL running crease looks like.