SportsWrath

The Manningham Theory

Allstarjim

So Manningham didn't pass his concussion test and is now doubtful. One thing though, what if Manningham Christmas Tree'ed the baseline test? Then we're screwed! If we're counting on Manningham passing a test we might have to come to terms with the fact he's going to be out for awhile. Can we get him a tutor? Can we get a Michigan booster to do the test for him? :P

So Manningham didn't pass his concussion test and is now doubtful. One thing though, what if Manningham Christmas Tree'ed the baseline test? Then we're screwed! If we're counting on Manningham passing a test we might have to come to terms with the fact he's going to be out for awhile. Can we get him a tutor? Can we get a Michigan booster to do the test for him? :P

I like Manningham... I don't know why he gets so much shit from fans.. I guess because he's not a superstar.

I like Manningham... I don't know why he gets so much shit from fans.. I guess because he's not a superstar.

It's because he consistently runs the wrong routes, fails to get two feet in bounds on the sidelines, and scored a 6 on the Wonderlic test. A SIX.

It's because he consistently runs the wrong routes, fails to get two feet in bounds on the sidelines, and scored a 6 on the Wonderlic test. A SIX.

I'm not sure he can help it.. I thought intelligence is one of those things you either have it or you don't...

I'm surprised he doesn't cop more shit than he does, especially for his butterfingers.

I yelled at him (thru the TV of course :smartass: ) when he fumbled that one pass from Eli down the sidelines against the Rams. If he didnt bobble that ball it was taken to the house. <_<

I'm not sure he can help it.. I thought intelligence is one of those things you either have it or you don't...

Unless you have an actual learning disability that's not true at all. Like everything in life hard work and discipline will get you everywhere.

Unless you have an actual learning disability that's not true at all. Like everything in life hard work and discipline will get you everywhere.

He's a Giant and I'm understandably protective of him.. and how knows it may very well be a learning disability. I happened to think he's a solid WR.. butter fingers or not.. he hasn't had that many drops... and he's the best we have right now after Nicks.

He's a Giant and I'm understandably protective of him.. and how knows it may very well be a learning disability. I happened to think he's a solid WR.. butter fingers or not.. he hasn't had that many drops... and he's the best we have right now after Nicks.

He is a solid receiver nas. He's a playmaker. It just doesn't appear he is very intelligent.

You guys are harsh

Manningham is a very exciting receiver.......has explosive speed.....takes some attention away from Nicks

I wonder how he got the bell ringer...........I didnt see it.......was it when he fell down after the catch and hit it on the turf?

Did Boley hit him in the head with a ball?

Wow you guys. So serious. I highly doubt Mario is reading SW. I like Mario, a lot. He's turned into a very good receiver for us and I'm disappointed he probably won't play this weekend. But I'm just joking a little on his perceived lack of smarts, that's all. I don't really think he's Moe from the Three Stooges.

I think the biggest problem with Super Mario isnt his "lack of intellegence" so to speak, plus I think he runs good routes. The biggest problem is he is always dropping passes or bobbling them, I dont see why he has such a hard time always being so open but always seeming to drop the ball.

Gotta get him some of that Stick'em

I think the biggest problem with Super Mario isnt his "lack of intellegence" so to speak, plus I think he runs good routes. The biggest problem is he is always dropping passes or bobbling them, I dont see why he has such a hard time always being so open but always seeming to drop the ball.

I agree with this. Thats the only problem I see with him, bobbling the ball.

I don't see him as someone who has a glaring problem with dropping passes.. yea he bobbled that pass but he caught the ball..

And Jim.. who knows who reads this board. Watch your back :05-mafia::P

Considering we got him in the 3rd round, we didn't do too bad. He's made some good plays over the years. Most offenses might tweak to work with his strengths, but it's clear we don't. He does have a problem with routes, but a lot of time he's open and just needs to be found.

How do some of you guys know what routes Manningham is running wrong???..........do you have closed caption routes on your TV? LOL

Give me a break :rolleyes:

There have been times when he and Manning are clearly not on the same page; Manning throws towards the sideline while Manningham runs a post route. The direction he's supposed to run is dictated by where the safety is positioned. It's pretty easy to see from Manning's reaction who he thinks was wrong.

The only problem with that is Eli's throw could come down in a 20 yd radius of where he was aiming

He's is terrible on the long throws

needs to hit the gym

also a defender can deny you a route by blocking it with his body

I am sick of the Manning apologists............he's a very very average QB........enough of this Eli ass kissing

he must be held accountable also

because never being more than a #3 caliber receiver is not what we paid for

Let's be fair, he put up really good numbers last year and finished strong.

He had what 900 yards and 9 Tds?

If he has an off year I'll take it so we can afford

To sign him long term and upgrade the WR corps at the same time.