SportsWrath

So heres the Diehl

Lughead

The Giants need Plaxico Burress now.

How can one possibly deny his 300 yards and 60 fines in the final year with the Giants, along with multiple sideline tirades?

Every team should have a Plaxico Burress.

The Giants need Plaxico Burress now.

How can one possibly deny his 300 yards and 60 fines in the final year with the Giants, along with multiple sideline tirades?

Every team should have a Plaxico Burress.

At the same time, the Giants won a SB with him and havent won anything without him.

At the same time, the Giants won a SB with him and havent won anything without him.

There were lots of guys on that team you can say the exact same thing about. Bringing Plax back won't magically get the Giants to the Super Bowl.

There were lots of guys on that team you can say the exact same thing about. Bringing Plax back won't magically get the Giants to the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying bringing Plax back would win us a SB, but everyone makes it seem like Plax was holding this team back that his behavior was "detrimental to the team" When the Giants clearly had zero problems having Plax on the team and in fact won a SB thanks in part to Plax as well.

That's all I'm saying.

At the same time, the Giants won a SB with him and haven't won anything without him.

Now there is a huge leap. Hey the Giants haven't won with Toomer or Tyree or Alford or Ward or Shockey so the Giants better re-sign them also.

Plax was a huge risk/reward guy.....there were games he fucking disappeared, and games where it was almost unfair how bad he would abuse guys.

He was (and probably still is) one weird fucking dude that way.

If we could get him cheap, I'd be happy.....if not, no worries.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Dan Snyder completely overpay for the guy.

I think you're being harsh on Dave, he didn't say he doesn't want him back, he said he'd be better off getting a fresh start away from NY. I think he's right.

Oh, and fuck Plax.

I agree Dave did not erupt on the guy....but I think Plax should come back....but if he doesn't I won't shoot myself either....

I love this comment by the way,,,,syntax errors aside:

I wouldn’t want to spend much of my time in a city that is run be a wannabe dictator, where people seriously think it is appropriate to imprison someone for several years for the possession of a firearm,. or that shooting oneself is somehow a “crime.”

Heres what I dont understand about the Plax situation............

How do most NOT want him back automatically? Im not saying hed give us another ring right away, he may be past that dominant stage in his life. But what did Plax do that would make a Giant fan say "Fuck Plax"? I dont get it. He may not be what we need at this exact moment, but as a Giant fan, how do you not love Plaxico Burress? Sure, sometimes he complained, took a play or two off (which I dont like either way), etc....but the guy was instrumental in giving us our SB ring in 07-08. He was masterful almost. For that alone I love him. I would be willing to give him a shot, but think that the best is behind him. Definitely worth a shot though.

I love this comment by the way,,,,syntax errors aside:

I wouldn’t want to spend much of my time in a city that is run be a wannabe dictator, where people seriously think it is appropriate to imprison someone for several years for the possession of a firearm,. or that shooting oneself is somehow a “crime.”

How do most NOT want him back automatically? Im not saying hed give us another ring right away, he may be past that dominant stage in his life. But what did Plax do that would make a Giant fan say "Fuck Plax"? I dont get it. He may not be what we need at this exact moment, but as a Giant fan, how do you not love Plaxico Burress? Sure, sometimes he complained, took a play or two off (which I dont like either way), etc....but the guy was instrumental in giving us our SB ring in 07-08. He was masterful almost. For that alone I love him. I would be willing to give him a shot, but think that the best is behind him. Definitely worth a shot though.

I only quote these because they represent several thoughts:

First of all, Plax was convicted of carrying an unregistered gun (in NY. Albeit, the license expired in FLA). As far as I know, he didn't get locked up for shooting himself in the leg. There is no law that says "shooting yourself accidentally in a non-fatal organ, without the intent to commit suicide, will result in a 2 year stint in Attica". He got convicted because he didn't have a concealed weapon license and reckless endangerment. If the gun went off and shot Mz. Immaboneacelebrity, then yeah, off to prison with ya. I'd also be interested in seeing if a 90 year old grandma in East Harlem got 2 years if she accidentally shot herself in the leg with an unregistered gun. If Plax is gonna get chastised, at least chastise him for the right reason. Had the gun not gone off, and he didn't shoot himself, he's probably still a Giant, regardless of sock color, timeliness to meetings, and offseason workout locations. Pain in the ass wannabe diva? Yeah. Cancer in the locker room? No.

As far as wanting him back, the only downside to that is the fact he's been away from football for so long and most fans have moved along, as well as the Giants. They had to do something without him. But think about this.....the Gmen scouted Eli and knew his strengths and weaknesses, and went out and got what was, at the time, a premier free agent signing for him. Plax had whatever issues he had with the Steelers, and whatever it was, it was minute enough for the Giants to sign him anyway. They knew what Eli needed and have been searching for it ever since Plax's departure, much like they've been looking for LT's replacement since the late 80's - early 90's. They've drafted well since, and have plugged in good players, but anyone can see the difference in this offense without Plax (or someone like him). People use Vick as an example, but I don't think that really matters. Vick seriously fucked up by hitting a nerve that touched non-football fans. He was an animal abuser. He had, and has to, apologize to more than just football fans. He'll be working that shit off until they plant him 6 feet under. Plax exercised extremely poor judgment by carrying an unlicensed weapon. Whoop dee do. Trust me.....Farmer John's wife in Iowa knows a shit ton more about Vick than Plax.

Yeah, that was Plax pre-extension. Dude got his money early and gave up. He was a shit team mate (dozens of team fines that season, even got benched), he production was way down, then pulls this wannabe gangsta bullshit that helped ruin the whole season. He's a selfish asshole who's not anywhere near as talented as most give him credit for.

Fuck Plax.

I only quote these because they represent several thoughts:

First of all, Plax was convicted of carrying an unregistered gun (in NY. Albeit, the license expired in FLA). As far as I know, he didn't get locked up for shooting himself in the leg. There is no law that says "shooting yourself accidentally in a non-fatal organ, without the intent to commit suicide, will result in a 2 year stint in Attica". He got convicted because he didn't have a concealed weapon license and reckless endangerment. If the gun went off and shot Mz. Immaboneacelebrity, then yeah, off to prison with ya. I'd also be interested in seeing if a 90 year old grandma in East Harlem got 2 years if she accidentally shot herself in the leg with an unregistered gun. If Plax is gonna get chastised, at least chastise him for the right reason. Had the gun not gone off, and he didn't shoot himself, he's probably still a Giant, regardless of sock color, timeliness to meetings, and offseason workout locations. Pain in the ass wannabe diva? Yeah. Cancer in the locker room? No.

As far as wanting him back, the only downside to that is the fact he's been away from football for so long and most fans have moved along, as well as the Giants. They had to do something without him. But think about this.....the Gmen scouted Eli and knew his strengths and weaknesses, and went out and got what was, at the time, a premier free agent signing for him. Plax had whatever issues he had with the Steelers, and whatever it was, it was minute enough for the Giants to sign him anyway. They knew what Eli needed and have been searching for it ever since Plax's departure, much like they've been looking for LT's replacement since the late 80's - early 90's. They've drafted well since, and have plugged in good players, but anyone can see the difference in this offense without Plax (or someone like him). People use Vick as an example, but I don't think that really matters. Vick seriously fucked up by hitting a nerve that touched non-football fans. He was an animal abuser. He had, and has to, apologize to more than just football fans. He'll be working that shit off until they plant him 6 feet under. Plax exercised extremely poor judgment by carrying an unlicensed weapon. Whoop dee do. Trust me.....Farmer John's wife in Iowa knows a shit ton more about Vick than Plax.

All of the should he come back to the Giants or not aside...you hit it right on the head. 95 year old grandma busts off a cap...Bloomberg gets prissy...."well she broke the law she goes to jail" there would be a march on City Hall. Thug life wannabe...well who is going to stick up for him against Mayor for Life. If it was me...locked up for that shit I would be pissed off to the day I died. Any D.A. and/or defense attorney would tell you he would have gotten a 100 hours community service in a different climate/environment...we don't lose to the Egals and we at least get to the Super Bowl. And yes he was brought in to bring in some of Eli's hospital balls.

Yeah, that was Plax pre-extension. Dude got his money early and gave up. He was a shit team mate (dozens of team fines that season, even got benched), he production was way down, then pulls this wannabe gangsta bullshit that helped ruin the whole season. He's a selfish asshole who's not anywhere near as talented as most give him credit for.

Fuck Plax.

:clap:

Thank You. Plax is getting way more credit than he deserves for the Giants' success. Also he had many many many many chances during his Giants career and never learned. He's done and Tikki would make more sense then Plaxico.

Fuck Plax.

My point is....... fuck him even though he was a big part of bringing us a SB ring? The only thing i agree with you is that him shooting himself in the leg hampered our repeat. Yes, he got his money and changed a little, but Ill never forget that catch vs the Pats. Im not happy with him, but I just cant say "fuck him".

:clap:

Thank You. Plax is getting way more credit than he deserves for the Giants' success. Also he had many many many many chances during his Giants career and never learned. He's done and Tikki would make more sense then Plaxico.

LOL......Im sure you loved both of them while in Blue. :rolleyes:

I'm indifferent to bringing him back.

If we do I won't be mad, If we don't I won't be mad.

I'll root for him to do well as long as he's not in the nfc east and not playing against us.

I'd like to see him end up in St. Louis personally.

I want Plax back. If I'm not mistaken we have a few players playing WR who are bench warmers. Plax can sit there... be an impact player.. and if he acts up (which I doubt he would), then he can hold the spot Moss held for so many years. In other words Plax's return has a lot of upside.. with almost no downside.

P.S. I wonder if he goes to Philly or Dallas.. how would you guys feel?

My point is....... fuck him even though he was a big part of bringing us a SB ring? The only thing i agree with you is that him shooting himself in the leg hampered our repeat. Yes, he got his money and changed a little, but Ill never forget that catch vs the Pats. Im not happy with him, but I just cant say "fuck him".

The only thing you agree with? His team fines, benching and decline in production (2007: 64 yards/game, 0.75 TD/game; 2008: 45 yards/game, 0.4 TD/game) are all on the record. Not sure how you can disagree with that. Plax was a problem well before the shooting bullshit. Remember when he missed practice because he "had to take his kid to school"? Please.

And are you talking about the TD catch? As I remember he was wide open. Any receiver on our roster could have made that catch. Praise Gilbride for drawing up the play.