SportsWrath

So heres the Diehl

Lughead

The only thing you agree with? His team fines, benching and decline in production (2007: 64 yards/game, 0.75 TD/game; 2008: 45 yards/game, 0.4 TD/game) are all on the record. Not sure how you can disagree with that. Plax was a problem well before the shooting bullshit. Remember when he missed practice because he "had to take his kid to school"? Please.

And are you talking about the TD catch? As I remember he was wide open. Any receiver on our roster could have made that catch. Praise Gilbride for drawing up the play.

Despite all this, the team was still winning with him and won a SB thanks in part to him.

Yeah he was really a team cancer that held the Giants back.

Despite all this, the team was still winning with him and won a SB thanks in part to him.

Yeah he was really a team cancer that held the Giants back.

As I've already pointed out, the SB win was pre-extension. That's when he stopped giving a fuck, and so did I.

Before Plax shot himself the Giant's were 9-1.

So how did his behavior hamper a 9-1 team?

Mainly by making sure that 9-1 start didn't translate into a play-off run.

I said the guy was a problem teammate, I didn't say he was costing us games...yet. The writing was on the fucking wall though.

Before Plax shot himself the Giant's were 9-1.

So how did his behavior hamper a 9-1 team?

Your offense becomes one-dimensional. And that was fine, so long as Ward and Jacobs were healthy. But it didn't exactly keep defenses honest, either.

But more to the reality at hand, whose development are you going to stunt in order to get a 30+ Burress onto the field? I honestly think our WR corp is WAY beyond the need for Burress or his act.

The only thing you agree with? His team fines, benching and decline in production (2007: 64 yards/game, 0.75 TD/game; 2008: 45 yards/game, 0.4 TD/game) are all on the record. Not sure how you can disagree with that. Plax was a problem well before the shooting bullshit. Remember when he missed practice because he "had to take his kid to school"? Please.

And are you talking about the TD catch? As I remember he was wide open. Any receiver on our roster could have made that catch. Praise Gilbride for drawing up the play.

Like BIC already pointed out, him takin his kid to school etc, didnt hamper us. Again, I agree that Im not a fan of those actions, but hes not a T.O. type cancer in the lockerroom. A primadonna, but not a cancer.

And, OK, ill give you the SB winning catch, anyone could have done that. But could anyone have ABUSED Al Harris the way he did in the NFC Champ. game? He had some pretty good performances in the reg season too.

Like BIC already pointed out, him takin his kid to school etc, didnt hamper us. Again, I agree that Im not a fan of those actions, but hes not a T.O. type cancer in the lockerroom. A primadonna, but not a cancer.

And, OK, ill give you the SB winning catch, anyone could have done that. But could anyone have ABUSED Al Harris the way he did in the NFC Champ. game? He had some pretty good performances in the reg season too.

C'mon Blue- it was 4 years ago. Almost 5 when the season starts (if) Let's move forward.... with acquiring Brandon Marshall. cool.gif

Oh no doubt! That's my favorite Burress performance. THAT'S the guy I wish we still had. Still, that was also pre-extension.

Oh no doubt! That's my favorite Burress performance. THAT'S the guy I wish we still had. Still, that was also pre-extension.

Yeah, he was amazing in that game. You do have a point about pre extension. Very few athletes seem to get better AFTER they get their money.

his wife knifed him- like that hasn't happened to any of us. rolleyes.gif

Ohhh....is that all? I was talkin to my buddy just the other day, his wife comes up and stabs him in the neck............it happens................get well soon Brandon.... <_<

:P

Ohhh....is that all? I was talkin to my buddy just the other day, his wife comes up and stabs him in the neck............it happens................get well soon Brandon.... <_<

:P

what is your buddy's vertical leaping ability?

There were lots of guys on that team you can say the exact same thing about. Bringing Plax back won't magically get the Giants to the Super Bowl.

Not really. remember the Green Bay game? Cause I do and without him we lose.

One can argue that Plax played like he's supposed to... in that game. I like Plax... I think having him on the team is a good thing for us.. but if he isn't I won't be too stressed about it either.

You could make that argument about Corey Webster, too. Or Ahmad Bradshaw in Buffalo, or we wouldn't have even been in the playoffs.

I'm not belittling Burress' game that day, but it wasn't exactly a one-man team.

The last pass in the superbowl was a design play specifically drawn up for plaxico, on the highlight dvd's it shows eli and plax practicing it before the game, so I don't agree with the notion that any wideout could have caught that pass. ,

The last pass in the superbowl was a design play specifically drawn up for plaxico, on the highlight dvd's it shows eli and plax practicing it before the game, so I don't agree with the notion that any wideout could have caught that pass. ,

LOL... that route was so generic... it was just the right call at the right time, nothing special about it.

I am not sure anybody could of ran that route he ran, in the super bowl to make that catch. He abused Ellis Hobbs. The Patriots doubled him all game, then near the goal line game on the line, they decide to zero blitz and leave the Giants receivers man to man.

LOL... that route was so generic... it was just the right call at the right time, nothing special about it.

It was a typical slant and go, the Giants ran it alot. I am not sure why Belligenius, didn't realize they were gonna go right to that play.