SportsWrath

Matt Dodge

Sephiroth

He had some nice ones towards the end. I have a feeling he'll be awesome once he gets over his nerves.

That's what I think as well , He has a cannon of a leg that's for sure but keeping his head screwed on straight is another thing. I believe he is working on his speed and that may be why he has shanks. during training camp he would flat out kill them but his wind up was slow .

Gotta give him more time guys. Everyone is used to watching a veteran punter and well now you have to get used to watching a rookie.

He is going to settle down, it won't happen when you think it should. Matt will be just fine once he settles down and that just takes time.

Gotta give him more time guys. Everyone is used to watching a veteran punter and well now you have to get used to watching a rookie.

He is going to settle down, it won't happen when you think it should. Matt will be just fine once he settles down and that just takes time.

Meanwhile, the Giants are losing the field position game every Sunday.

Yeah that will happen when you expect a punter to last until he retires next year then find his replacement a couple of weeks later.

Meanwhile, the Giants are losing the field position game every Sunday.

I have more patience with Dodge than Tynes.

At least Dodge has an excuse - he's a rookie that is trying to get his pro chops. When he connects, he can boom the punt.

Tynes just flat out sucks - and he's at the "height" of his career.

Someone get Louie Sakoda in for a tryout....he can punt (42 yard net average at Utah) and kick (86% FG accuracy)

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/louie-sakoda-1.html

when did he boom, exactly? and there's a place for punters not ready for prime time- it's called the CFL.

Exactly, you can't allow your punter to be liability to your team while you wait for him to 'boom' (and by boom they're talking about the 50 yard, no hangtime/outkick your coverage, 35 net punts :rolleyes:)...

The guy should NOT still be on an NFL team. It's only a matter of time before field position really costs us a game.

Exactly, you can't allow your punter to be liability to your team while you wait for him to 'boom' (and by boom they're talking about the 50 yard, no hangtime/outkick your coverage, 35 net punts :rolleyes:)...

I think that's a bit unfair. The one that resulted in a touchback was a great kick. It should have been downed at the 1 if the first guy there hadn't stopped dead. He had the punt returner back-pedaling on a few strikes. The 57-yard one Hester returned 20 yards (that got called back after a penalty) was just shitty coverage. Our gunners are doing a crap job this year. I miss Tyree.