SportsWrath

Shockey never seems to surprise me

Mr. Webster

Tight end Jeremy Shockey is committed to working out with his team in the offseason -- thanks in some part to the climate. In past years with the New York Giants, Shockey preferred to stay in his college town of Miami for most of the offseason. But last year he said he wanted to make a commitment to spend more time working with quarterback Drew Brees and the rest of his teammates. "You know, it's hard working out in New York when it's cold outside and you have to work indoors. It's great weather here, and I have no excuse not to be here," Shockey said.

what a punk....waaaaaaaaah it was to cold to practice in NY....what a girl......this is football your a football player....if you dont like playing in the elements maybe baseball or basketball would have better served him....maybe he should have took up bowling with how often he gets hurt.

i guess now he realizes wow maybe im not as good as i thought i was....maybe working out with the team with get me the ball more...hey maybe i'll even learn proper reads.

it only took this guy six years to get it......to little to late jermey boy....glad he isnt a giant anymore....i think he realizes the saints arent putting up with his crap.....they drafted a tight end and have a good one backing him up already (who did play better then shockey when called upon)....the writting is on the wall....i think this is shockeys last season to put up or shut up.....if he doesnt have a good year this season i can see the saints cutting his ass

Still better then any TE we have.

I dont' know...Shockey had 6 more catches then Boss...., 3 more total yards, ......had only three more first down catches.....but a lower yard per catch average then Boss....averaged a yard and a half less on YAC.... then there is Shock losing 5 of 7 fumbles..and Boss..not putting in on the ground at all....zip...nada.

I can't find a stat on drops..but I bet Shock wins that too....then you put up that Boss is twice the blocker and not a QB killer........and I think we got the better TE at this point. ....Boss on the ascent...Shockey on the decline..which is why he is in NO for mini camp....cause he might not be the best TE on Saints either. .

C. Wagon

I dont' know...Shockey had 6 more catches then Boss...., 3 more total yards, ......had only three more first down catches.....but a lower yard per catch average then Boss....averaged a yard and a half less on YAC.... then there is Shock losing 5 of 7 fumbles..and Boss..not putting in on the ground at all....zip...nada.

I can't find a stat on drops..but I bet Shock wins that too....then you put up that Boss is twice the blocker and not a QB killer........and I think we got the better TE at this point. ....Boss on the ascent...Shockey on the decline..which is why he is in NO for mini camp....cause he might not be the best TE on Saints either. .

C. Wagon

Ooops...I looked at career fumble lost totals....he didn't fumble last year...according to Boss's sheet...he's never fumbled.

C. Wagon

C. Wagon

I'm amazed Boss isn't brain dead after some of the shots he took the past year...

I'm amazed Boss isn't brain dead after some of the shots he took the past year...

I was just going to add that Boss is 10x tougher than Shockey for that very reason. Shockey wouldn't have come back after some of those shots, not at this point in his career anyway.

Still better then any TE we have.

I'd take Boss over him any day... shockey never lived up to the hype and Boss has taking some major hits.. can you imagine Shockey's reaction after one of those?

I'd take Boss over him any day... shockey never lived up to the hype and Boss has taking some major hits.. can you imagine Shockey's reaction after one of those?

Boss is alright, nothing special. For the amount we use out TEs he's a good fit.

Shockey still blocks and catches better, I'll admit though Boss is tougher he's taken quite a few big hits.

Come On! I can understand Shockey is no longer with the Giants and had an ugly divorce with the Giants as well.....but to say Shockey was not tough enough is not right. That SOB took some nasty hits! Anyone forget the number of times his helmet got knocked off but he would still be pounding away helmet less. He took some big time hits too and held on. Remember the first down catch against the Chargers? Not knocking on Boss, but barring his injuries because he played a little too hard, he was anyday a better TE than Boss is. Shockey was fucking tough and would not whine after big hits. It was the 'give-me-the-ball' and the shaking-of-the-head after a slightly wide throw that would piss people off, but he was one tough bastard!

C. Wagon

word up.

i would have to say boss is way more of a clutch player also.......he always seems to come up with the big catch were as shockey would make a coastlly drop.

also as you mentioned the "team player" attitude and his character is far better then shocks.

if we are judging by madden ratings then yes shockey is better.....if we are talking about pure natrual ability yes shockey is better....if you are asking who i would rather go to battle with and trust on the field boss is the man for me

Come On! I can understand Shockey is no longer with the Giants and had an ugly divorce with the Giants as well.....but to say Shockey was not tough enough is not right. That SOB took some nasty hits! Anyone forget the number of times his helmet got knocked off but he would still be pounding away helmet less. He took some big time hits too and held on. Remember the first down catch against the Chargers? Not knocking on Boss, but barring his injuries because he played a little too hard, he was anyday a better TE than Boss is. Shockey was fucking tough and would not whine after big hits. It was the 'give-me-the-ball' and the shaking-of-the-head after a slightly wide throw that would piss people off, but he was one tough bastard!

he constently ran wrong routes and always seemed to miss the hot reads.

how many times did you see the ball thrown right while shockey turned left.........kept running on come backs.........i think our offense was a little to trick for him.

everybody thought including myself shockey would finaly live up to his rookie season after being traded to the saints.....guess what never happened and why is that??? well one hes never on the field as usual and two he tried to bull his ,little girly fits with bress and got bitched lol that was great lol

he constently ran wrong routes and always seemed to miss the hot reads.

how many times did you see the ball thrown right while shockey turned left.........kept running on come backs.........i think our offense was a little to trick for him.

everybody thought including myself shockey would finaly live up to his rookie season after being traded to the saints.....guess what never happened and why is that??? well one hes never on the field as usual and two he tried to bull his ,little girly fits with bress and got bitched lol that was great lol

Ahh, the whole offense looked like that back then. That was Eli dude.

Shockey gets all the venom for "throwing his hands up" after a miss which happened maybe 2-3 times, a couple seasons before he was traded, while Plax was doing the same damn thing. And it was LEGITIMATE; Eli was not seeing wide open receivers down field or throwing off-target. Everyone remembers Superbowl Eli not Mr Inconsistant.

Shockey was also training with the team in the last few seasons before the trade if I remember correctly.

Shockey gets all the venom for "throwing his hands up" after a miss which happened maybe 2-3 times, a couple seasons before he was traded, while Plax was doing the same damn thing. And it was LEGITIMATE; Eli was not seeing wide open receivers down field or throwing off-target. Everyone remembers Superbowl Eli not Mr Inconsistant.

Shockey was also training with the team in the last few seasons before the trade if I remember correctly.

i dont know man.......the way this offense is set up is it is a read and react......if eli sees something and shockey doesnt see it the same way it leads to the TE going one way while the QB is anticipating the TE to go another

it was pointed out by coaches that shockey was missing his reads....yes some of it was in accuracy on elis part but when you see throws five yards away while the WRs back is turned that is usually a mis read on either the QB or the recievers part.......8 out of 10 i would think it would be the WR running the wrong out route or check off route

shockey tried to pull the same shit in NO when bress missed him in a smiilar fashion.....difference was bress got in his face yelled at him in front of the camera and let him know whos offense it is and whos running the show.....somethign eli had trouble with early on

Eli is better now, but that wasn't all Eli back then. You never saw those same kinds of miscommunications when he went to Toomer.

Its striking how much better the communication on offense became after Shockey (and to a lesser extent Burress) was off the field.

did people really say boss is 10x the blocker that shockey is?

shockey is at least twice the blocker that boss is.

What. The fuck. Ever. :P

(I respectfully disagree.)

Case in point...have you ever seen Shockey pancake a defensive end? I haven't...but I've seen Boss do it a few times now.