SportsWrath

Discuss: Madison Hedgecock may need to be replaced.

boohyah

Just a thought, but perhaps it's time to look at this. I don't doubt his ability to block, but with the way Jacobs ran this year, it almost didn't matter who was blocking. That's not his fault, but other than that he's not a factor. If you look around the league, most teams have a full back who gets carries or is able to peel off and at least take a dump off over the middle. Hedgecock gets no carries at all, and he's not a factor at all in passing and when he does, he doesn't have the greatest hands as we saw yesterday. On many of Bradshaw's better runs, Hecdgecock isn't in the game. Giants offense has always had someone at full that had this package, Maurice Carthon,Greg Comella and even Nem's boy JIm Finn. Anyway, it's just an idea. Your thoughts?

I'll pick someone else next.

I can think of one NFC fullback who gets carries...Leonard Weaver....and that was because Westbrook was injured...

Maybe get one that can catch a pass but I don't think our fullbacks should ever be running the football.

Just a thought, but perhaps it's time to look at this. I don't doubt his ability to block, but with the way Jacobs ran this year, it almost didn't matter who was blocking. That's not his fault, but other than that he's not a factor. If you look around the league, most teams have a full back who gets carries or is able to peel off and at least take a dump off over the middle. Hedgecock gets no carries at all, and he's not a factor at all in passing and when he does, he doesn't have the greatest hands as we saw yesterday. On many of Bradshaw's better runs, Hecdgecock isn't in the game. Giants offense has always had someone at full that had this package, Maurice Carthon,Greg Comella and even Nem's boy JIm Finn. Anyway, it's just an idea. Your thoughts?

I'll pick someone else next.

How dare you forget Charles Way. Even Greg Comella had a great TD catch in the 40-0 NFC Championship game.

I think what we missed a bit was Mike Matthews. Darcy Johnson was not the blocker that Matthews was. Anyway Hedgecock is not someone that has to stay. If there are better options I say yes. Its a shame that beckum cannot block yet. We need the blocking of Hedgecock and the hands of Beckum to create one FB that can do both...we shall call him Beckcock

xxi is right, the problem hasn't been at fullback its been at tight end. Just not going to find a better available FB.

nor do we need a better fullback. we have about 10 other guys that should be touching the ball ahead of any fullback in the league.

I'd love to know these 10 guys by position that should be touching the ball before the fullback, considering that 5 of them are not suppposed to.

The argument was whether Hedgecock should be replaced at fullback, not if he was the problem. X is correct about Matthews. I said earlier in the pre season that I thought darcy johnson should be cut over Matthews because we knew Beckum was being kept. darcy Johnson showed nothing and Matthews at least gave us solid blocking and caught a few passes when he played.

I'd love to know these 10 guys by position that should be touching the ball before the fullback, considering that 5 of them are not suppposed to.

The argument was whether Hedgecock should be replaced at fullback, not if he was the problem. X is correct about Matthews. I said earlier in the pre season that I thought darcy johnson should be cut over Matthews because we knew Beckum was being kept. darcy Johnson showed nothing and Matthews at least gave us solid blocking and caught a few passes when he played.

Do you really not understand what about means? But here it goes:

Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Danny Ware, Gartrell Johnson, Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Domenik Hixon, Sinorice Moss, Ramses Barden, Derek Hagan, Kevin Boss, Travis Beckum, Bear Pascoe.

Have 14. Dipshit.

You stated that other teams in the NFL have teams with fullbacks who touch the ball (not very true) and that we needed a more athletic full back. My point is we have other athletes to do that and even some of them don't get the ball enough. We need a fullback that can block. We have one. Why he's EVER thrown the ball in a designed play is beyond me when we have tight ends that could be put in similar positions and run those routes.

Do you really not understand what about means? But here it goes:

Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Danny Ware, Gartrell Johnson, Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, Domenik Hixon, Sinorice Moss, Ramses Barden, Derek Hagan, Kevin Boss, Travis Beckum, Bear Pascoe.

Have 14. Dipshit.

You stated that other teams in the NFL have teams with fullbacks who touch the ball (not very true) and that we needed a more athletic full back. My point is we have other athletes to do that and even some of them don't get the ball enough. We need a fullback that can block. We have one. Why he's EVER thrown the ball in a designed play is beyond me when we have tight ends that could be put in similar positions and run those routes.

You forgot Darcy Johnson! 15.

Listen up jackass, you have 11 guys on the field. You have 5 down lineman, one QB, one fullback, rb, te and 2 wide receivers in a standard lineup. That's five options tops on the field .. You take a full back who only blocks and now the opposing defense is worried about 4 guys as threats. Philly has Weaver as an option now. You watched the game Sunday?. Hoover was a full back. The kid running for the Falcons a few weeks back, a full back. They're out there, and even if they weren't, why should that stop us looking for someone different. Your 14 guys make no sense, when you can only have a few out there at a time, hell why not just pick 140?

You forgot Darcy Johnson! 15.

Listen up jackass, you have 11 guys on the field. You have 5 down lineman, one QB, one fullback, rb, te and 2 wide receivers in a standard lineup. That's five options tops on the field .. You take a full back who only blocks and now the opposing defense is worried about 4 guys as threats. Philly has Weaver as an option now. You watched the game Sunday?. Hoover was a full back. The kid running for the Falcons a few weeks back, a full back. They're out there, and even if they weren't, why should that stop us looking for someone different. Your 14 guys make no sense, when you can only have a few out there at a time, hell why not just pick 140?

Um, no, I did no such thing. Darcy Johnson is on IR.

The thing about those 5 positions is that whoever is out there is interchangeable, with every single one of them a better option than a fullback. Each one of the guys I named is a better option to receive the ball then Hedgecock or Brad Hoover.

Again, like I told you the first time, Philly ran Weaver because Westbrook was hurt and aside from Lesean Mccoy, they really didn't have any other option. Unless you'd like to count Eldra Buckley. Hoover got garbage carries because we couldn't stop the run, why NOT give your fullback a carry or two when you're up by 40, then? You're knowledge of football is pathetic. BTW, Jason Snelling is a running back.

Nah, Snelling is a fullback.

Jason Snelling's NFL profile.

Atlanta Falcons:

I'll go by the team's designation.

Wiki

Ovie Mughelli is their fullback.

And the week he played us, Snelling started at RUNNING BACK. Even if he were considered a fullback(at a massive 5'11 229----same height and 1 pound more than Derrick Ward, mind you), he only got those carries because every other back they had was injured.