SportsWrath

How do I get myself root for the Cowobys?

Nas

Ok, I'll make it nice and short... my best friend called me yesterday and basically said that since the Giants are out of the playoffs that I should root for Dallas since he rooted for the Giants in '07. I obliged.... But it feels awkward just thinking about it let alone trying to root for Jerry Jones' team.

Ok, I'll make it nice and short... my best friend called me yesterday and basically said that since the Giants are out of the playoffs that I should root for Dallas since he rooted for the Giants in '07. I obliged.... But it feels awkward just thinking about it let alone trying to root for Jerry Jones' team.

Why would you do such a thing. You can tell him that the only reason he rooted for the Giants in '07 was because nobody outside of Boston could stand the arrogance of Tom Brady and Bostonians and couldn't bear another major sports championship going to a city that was way too full of itself.

Root for Favre to retire with a second Super Bowl. Root for Eli's big brother. But for the love of God, (or Allah if you prefer) NEVER root for a Cowboys or Eagles team.

Why would you do such a thing. You can tell him that the only reason he rooted for the Giants in '07 was because nobody outside of Boston could stand the arrogance of Tom Brady and Bostonians and couldn't bear another major sports championship going to a city that was way too full of itself.

Root for Favre to retire with a second Super Bowl. Root for Eli's big brother. But for the love of God, (or Allah if you prefer) NEVER root for a Cowboys or Eagles team.

Trust me, Jim I get a sick feeling in my stomach just thinking about rooting for the cowboys and I'm lousy at faking anything so that won't work. I will sit in front of the TV and try but if I get nauseous, I will apologize to him and say sorry.. no can do. And yes Golfing, It feels like I already drank drano just thinking about this whole thing.

Trust me, Jim I get a sick feeling in my stomach just thinking about rooting for the cowboys and I'm lousy at faking anything so that won't work. I will sit in front of the TV and try but if I get nauseous, I will apologize to him and say sorry.. no can do. And yes Golfing, It feels like I already drank drano just thinking about this whole thing.

I know I am rooting for the Colts

I'm rooting for anyone but the Eagles, Cowboys, and Patriots.

What's worse is out of all the teams in the NFL the cowboys would be dead last I'd "root" for. I can't say I hate them because I don't like the word "hate" but let's just say they're ranked 50th out of 32 teams

I'm rooting for anyone but the Eagles, Cowboys, and Patriots.

I concur and I'll root for the Saints because as mentioned they have been such a bad team for so long and CCase is a fan so that's good enough for me. Colts and Saints SB would be great. I actually hope the Colts win actually so that all these talking heads can shut up about giving up the perfect season. The only people who care about it are a few old guys from the 70s. You play to win the SB and making sure your stars are healthy should be goal number one.

Once the Giants are out of it, I usually pull for the NFC east teams, especially the Cowboys because me and those cheerleaders go way back.in my fantasy world. Then again, since they rarely show the cheerleaders anymore, I may pull for the Eagles since they are closer, and a lot of my friends are Eagle fans.

Then again, my son in law is a Colt fan, so...

I would carve my own heart out with a butter knife before I would debase myself cheering for the Broke Backs.....and I have never cheered for any team from Philly including the Dr. J 76'ers

Yea, i think it will stay away from this whole debate.. won't make fun of his team when/if they lose but won't bother to fake cheer either.. lol.

Interesting thread...Should the Cowboys be eliminated from the playoffs I am rooting for the Eagles. It doesn't matter why. But the point is that my being a die-hard Dallas fan does not prevent me from rooting for the Eagles.

I actually wanted the Giants to defeat the Patriots in the Superbowl. The fact that they did it when Eli panicked and threw it to a nobody WR who is not even in the league anymore made it that much more enjoyable -- it was a win-win...

Not that any of this matters. The Cowboys will not be eliminated and the Giants are in turmoil...I see repeat with a certain NFC East team hosting and playing in a Superbowl... :thumbs:

Interesting thread...Should the Cowboys be eliminated from the playoffs I am rooting for the Eagles. It doesn't matter why. But the point is that my being a die-hard Dallas fan does not prevent me from rooting for the Eagles.

I actually wanted the Giants to defeat the Patriots in the Superbowl. The fact that they did it when Eli panicked and threw it to a nobody WR who is not even in the league anymore made it that much more enjoyable -- it was a win-win...

Not that any of this matters. The Cowboys will not be eliminated and the Giants are in turmoil...I see repeat with a certain NFC East team hosting and playing in a Superbowl... :thumbs:

Try for one playoff win first. Did they even bother installing a trophy case at Jerry World?

It's not hard to root for another team.. it's damn near impossible to root for the cowboys though. And I thought Tyree signed with the Ravens... him and Eli only combined for the greatest play in NFL history.

Stupid thread. As a die-hard Giants fan, the entire concept of 'rooting' for the Cowboys or Eagles doesnt exist. Infact, "Root" and "Cowboys/Eagles" does not belong in the same sentence unless it includes 'never' or 'not'.

I do not "root" for anybody but the Giants. But since we are out, Ill just enjoy the playoffs for what its worth and hope a decent team ala Saints or Colts or Minny win it.

Stupid thread. As a die-hard Giants fan, the entire concept of 'rooting' for the Cowboys or Eagles doesnt exist. Infact, "Root" and "Cowboys/Eagles" does not belong in the same sentence unless it includes 'never' or 'not'.

I do not "root" for anybody but the Giants. But since we are out, Ill just enjoy the playoffs for what its worth and hope a decent team ala Saints or Colts or Minny win it.

We just proved that a very smart man is capable of creating stupid threads. You concur? :rolleyes: