SportsWrath

I was impressed with John Gruden

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

honestly

gruden was annoying me, and then he spoke about how much respect he had for coughlin as a coach and a man, and then he kept raving about the giants and eli as a qb and gruden wasnt annoying me anymore and he won me over.

hahah i think i like him purely because he was speaking nicely on our team.

He was OK... But he does seem like he'll get into a chest pumping match with Jaws.

That might not be a bad thing, given how Kornheiser used to fawn all over Jaws.

I like Gruden alot....he's a guy that understands both the X and O factor, plus the entertainment factor, of being a good color guy.....almost a Don Meredith quality to how he lays it out.

I never liked or dislike John Gruden, but last night he made me a fan when they were discussing Eli Manning and he gave them the business. that was awesome.

Who was that not so funny "comedian" MNF added for like a year two?

He was awful.

The concept was awful, they wanted Miller to be himself, he was for the most part. It just didn't work.

Kornheiser was a disaster, they wanted him to be PTI like and he decided that it ws best to be annoying. His rants about Favre were constant and awful to listen and he would constantly interject with a comment that had nothing to do with the ongoing discussion.

I was amazed at how good the commentating was.

Gruden is excellent he's smart and exciting.

Both mike carico and jaws had to follow his lead

through out the evening.

It was a pleasure to have some good football talk that

made sense.

i don't think the mannings would go for that. chucky hates QB's

Im not saying I want Gruden as our HC, but Gruden seemed to like Eli a lot. Right before they went to ca ommercial they were talking about Eli being an elite QB, Jaws said he wasnt there yet and Gruden strongly disagreed...then the camera went to Eli and Gruden said "I'll take that guy"

Im not saying I want Gruden as our HC, but Gruden seemed to like Eli a lot. Right before they went to ca ommercial they were talking about Eli being an elite QB, Jaws said he wasnt there yet and Gruden strongly disagreed...then the camera went to Eli and Gruden said "I'll take that guy"

Well I'm saying it

Chucky would be a PERFECT fit fo rht NY media (unlike old Ironsides).....and he would put some zest in the locker room

dont blame Gruden for all the bad decisions and drafts in Tampa after he arrived........they were always competitive, and he took a team that could not win, and won a SB out of the box

i heard that - but that was chucky the commentator- as a coach, he hasn't meshed with a QB since gannon and even that was a stormy relationship.

Well I'm saying it

Chucky would be a PERFECT fit fo rht NY media (unlike old Ironsides).....and he would put some zest in the locker room

dont blame Gruden for all the bad decisions and drafts in Tampa after he arrived........they were always competitive, and he took a team that could not win, and won a SB out of the box

You're definition of zest must be to alienate the locker room and long time players so that they couldn't trust him.

Or that he's bringing a bar of soap to the locker room.

I always liked gruden, I think he was a upper tier coach and it's a shame he's not coaching somewhere. I mean, he did well with the fucking Raiders, name another coach to do that in the last decade. But I like him as a personality as well, and look forward to him on MNF

You're definition of zest must be to alienate the locker room and long time players so that they couldn't trust him.

Or that he's bringing a bar of soap to the locker room.

Well your the ultimate negative barometer.......so if you say it, it has to be the opposite LOL

Have you been able to find your axx with both hands yet?

I always liked gruden, I think he was a upper tier coach and it's a shame he's not coaching somewhere. I mean, he did well with the fucking Raiders, name another coach to do that in the last decade. But I like him as a personality as well, and look forward to him on MNF

Exactly Virginia........you have always been a voice of reason here and on the GMB where I'm lifetime baned for cursing out one of those Nazi mods and dissing Pierce :blush:

Norv Turner..... :ph34r:

Well I'm saying it

I knew this was coming the moment I read the thread title.

Tom Coughlin--built a team from scratch, turned it into a annual playoff contender. Won a Superbowl. Has the team as one of the top choices for the Superbowl this coming year. Has a team so invigorated that you have to go back to Parcells to find this kind of motivation. Obviously, he must be doing something right.

John Gruden--Takes a team built by GM Rich McKay and made a playoff contender by Tony Dungy, and wins the Superbowl by beating his former team (hmmm....), led by his former Offensive Coordinator (hmmm...). Then proceeds to get McKay fired and destabilize an already weak offense while the defense slowly withers away. Jeff Lurie should send him a bonus check for what he did for the Eagles last year.

He's a decent commentator. So was Matt Millen.

But you're right--the NY Media would love him. So let's throw the winning away so the media has someone they like.