SportsWrath

FOX SPORTS PRE CAMP POWER RANKINGS

jerseygiantfan

Wow thats bullshit. I'll take the Eagles and Titans you can at least make an argument in their favor, but Cardinals and Falcons?!

I agree...

My list are:

Steelers

Eagles

Patriots

Giants

Colts

How you can rank the Colts 10th is beyond me?

Wow thats bullshit. I'll take the Eagles and Titans you can at least make an argument in their favor, but Cardinals and Falcons?!

the dog thinks power rankings in general are pretty trite, but particularly at this time of year. really, the only teams in the top 10 that the dog sees not having real question marks going into the season are the Titans, Steelers and possibly the Chargers, but it would be impossible to rank those teams 1-3 with the potential that all of the other teams listed have. Lists like this in July aren't even worth reading...

LOL....A total joke. The Cards, Eagles and Falcon all dont deserve to be that high. And us...at 7??? Get the fuck outta here. What a clueless bastard this guy is.

the problem is that you can make an argument for any of those teams to be in the top 10/top 5, as you can for about half the league right now...which is why the dog just feels that these things are pointless...

the problem is that you can make an argument for any of those teams to be in the top 10/top 5, as you can for about half the league right now...which is why the dog just feels that these things are pointless...

At least he had the good sense to put the Colts at #10

We are a mystery team right now.....our last 4 games last year were rocky to say the least and the one where we dominated against Carolina the main man- derrick Ward has left the scene

Our WR's are emerging not proven but for Smith

Our LBer corp is not going to blow anyone away (well it might help if Kiwi moves back to SSLBer.....but I doubt that happens

Eli had his worst playoff game ever since his rookie year

We certainly did not end last season on an up note......so anywhere in the top 10 is ok with me

On the other hand I personally expect us to win the NFC East and contend for the trophy

LOL....A total joke. The Cards, Eagles and Falcon all dont deserve to be that high. And us...at 7??? Get the fuck outta here. What a clueless bastard this guy is.

yeah I agree...this list is horrible...Giants are just one season removed from winning the Superbowl, last year they finished with the best record in the NFC and in Plax didn't shoot himself they would have repeated (yeah I know woulda coulda shoulda) but they still have a franchise QB, and stellar defense..def. top 5.

yeah I agree...this list is horrible...Giants are just one season removed from winning the Superbowl, last year they finished with the best record in the NFC and in Plax didn't shoot himself they would have repeated (yeah I know woulda coulda shoulda) but they still have a franchise QB, and stellar defense..def. top 5.

And the D was ranked 5th overall, after losing Strahan and Osi. Now were even more beefed up on the D line.

And the D was ranked 5th overall, after losing Strahan and Osi. Now were even more beefed up on the D line.

exactly...I have two question marks going into the season, Bill Sheridan as the new DC and how will the receiver position be without Plax for an entire season.

I will give the Cards the benefit for now. The Titans have a great one two punch at running back, but Kerry Collins is their QB and they lost Haynesworth on the defensive side. No, the Falcons are rated way to high. I would put the Giants at 5 followed by the Titans, Chargers, Colts, Panthers, Colts and then Falcons.

I will give the Cards the benefit for now. The Titans have a great one two punch at running back, but Kerry Collins is their QB and they lost Haynesworth on the defensive side. No, the Falcons are rated way to high. I would put the Giants at 5 followed by the Titans, Chargers, Colts, Panthers, Colts and then Falcons.

:confused:

exactly...I have two question marks going into the season, Bill Sheridan as the new DC and how will the receiver position be without Plax for an entire season.

I really only am concerned about our WR corps. I have faith in Sheridan, as he's gonna run the D like Spags did. The LB's a re bit of a question for the start of the season, but overall, Im comfortable with Sheridan and the overall D.

How are the Giants going to find playing time for all of their defensive linemen? Is a new, innovative 9-1-1 defense in the plans?

Is that a serious question? Did this guy NOT watch how the Giants won Super Bowl? By constantly rotating in fresh D-lineman. Seriously, what are the qualifications to be a sports writer?

Is that a serious question? Did this guy NOT watch how the Giants won Super Bowl? By constantly rotating in fresh D-lineman. Seriously, what are the qualifications to be a sports writer?

Our D-Line should make probowlers out of our DBs. If they don't register 5 sacks a game, something is seriously wrong. Now that we have legitimate pressure possibilities in the middle AND the outsides, there should be no reason for any weeks where there's less than 5.

Even with the Eagles re-vamped offensive line, which I must admit, is a huge thing for them, I think we win that battle with our D-Line. I'm still not worried about Dallas or Washington.

I'm not convinced about "The Eagles Revamped Offensive Line."

Jason Peters showed up fat and outta shape and played like shit last year, but still wanted a new contract.

Stacey Andrews... honestly... I had never even heard of the guy before he signed with the Eagles.

We're putting McBad on his ass at least another dozen times this year.

Jason Peters showed up fat and outta shape and played like shit last year, but still wanted a new contract.

Stacey Andrews... honestly... I had never even heard of the guy before he signed with the Eagles.

Osi alone is putting McBad on his ass at least another dozen times this year.

Fixed! :P

We're putting McBad on his ass at least another dozen times this year.

Offensive line is probably the hardest unit on the field to plug and play with new guys. No matter how good the players are they need to play together for a while to really learn to work as a team. Especially when they play against a high pressure Defense like the Giants use.

As for the Giants biggest question mark WR, the team is coming into camp with a ton of young talent at the position. Assface Gilbride will have to build this offense around their abilities. Last year he could not realize that Plex was no longer on the field, hopefully he has realized that by now. Gilfuck is the teams biggest liability coming into this season, we can only hope he goes out to the club with a loaded 9mm in his shorts.

The only team in question is the Falcons. They don't deserve to be there.

Steelers: Champs

Cards: NFC champs

Titans: best record in Football

Patriots: The Patriots

Eagles: Beat us twice at home.

You really can't have too many complaints.

the dog would have to agree...suppose to could argue that the falcons have a strong o-line, very strong run game and a solid defense overall. the QB was exceptional as a rookie, and could take the next step in the progression (also could take the typical step back this year), and the WR's are developing well. Gonzalez gives them a stable go-to player. in the end, they could end up being solid, but there are certainly some "if's" attached to them, so hard to put them that high. but as the dog said, with the exception of the steelers, titans, and possibly SD, there are a lot of "if's" around every team in the league, so rankings at this point are just silly...

Cards do not deserve to be # 2 just because they ended up the NFC Champs. That was a huge fluke, and everyone knows it. Esp if you use the reasoning that the Titans are 3rd because they had the best record in football. The Cards were 9-7 and got pounded repeatedly until their lucky little run.

the dog would have to agree...suppose to could argue that the falcons have a strong o-line, very strong run game and a solid defense overall. the QB was exceptional as a rookie, and could take the next step in the progression (also could take the typical step back this year), and the WR's are developing well. Gonzalez gives them a stable go-to player. in the end, they could end up being solid, but there are certainly some "if's" attached to them, so hard to put them that high. but as the dog said, with the exception of the steelers, titans, and possibly SD, there are a lot of "if's" around every team in the league, so rankings at this point are just silly...

The Falcons are going to sneak up on no-one this year, that's the difference. You will always get one team who goes through the season where you think, "when are they going to slip up". But they never did. Prior to the season starting, no-one expected Ryan to play like he did, no-one expected Roddy White to have a breakout season. You did know that Turner was a huge addition, but they went through the ringer in the offseason getting rid of guys and a new coach on board. Gonzalez is a big addition and they are a good team, but they are not top 6 yet and they are going to be facing a tougher challenge this year no doubt.