SportsWrath

Sports channel

Lughead

Wow. Not often you hear a former player rip into a former teammate like that. Thats really saying something.

true true

I had experience as a terrible practice player myself though

I was a top flight 50 meter swimmer but hated to swim the interminable laps my teamates did race the longer distances

I only lost two races out of maybe 25-30 in my career so I can empathize a bit with Plaxico. If you can talk the talk and walk the walk on sunday that's the bottom line

Who wants a great practice player who cannot get it done when it counts.......sounds like a Rudy movie

Yeah I can't recall ever seeing someone dis a teammate's work ethic like that. He sure left an impression.

Remember he was quoted as saying "Yeah whatever" to one of the Giants linemen when they ran to congratulate him for the winning TD in the Super Bowl...kinda says a lot right there. Listen his own mother....(and usually the most incorrigible guys will finally come around for mom if for no one else) said that Plax had this huge chip on his shoulder for basically to just have a chip on his shoulder. A rebel without a cause or an ounce of brains.

Remember he was quoted as saying "Yeah whatever" to one of the Giants linemen when they ran to congratulate him for the winning TD in the Super Bowl...kinda says a lot right there. Listen his own mother....(and usually the most incorrigible guys will finally come around for mom if for no one else) said that Plax had this huge chip on his shoulder for basically to just have a chip on his shoulder. A rebel without a cause or an ounce of brains.

Look Jim Taylor had the worlds biggest chip

He actually said on Johnny Carson he dreamed of hitting someone so hard on a football field he would kill the guy

didn't stop the Packers from using the heck out of him......they just worked around his idiosyncrasies to get at his talent

I'm not looking at NY Giants WRs for moral direction......I got to church for that

I completely disagree. Didn't he already have like 47 team infractions between getting his contract extension and shooting himself? Remember when they had to sit him for half a game? The guy's an A-class jerk.

I'm not saying he's a model citizen, Tree. I just think we have to distinguish between a flaming asshole like TO and a disturbed individual like Plax.

I'm not saying he's a model citizen, Tree. I just think we have to distinguish between a flaming asshole like TO and a disturbed individual like Plax.

There is nothing to distinguish...they both destroyed teams chances to go to the Super Bowl.

There is nothing to distinguish...they both destroyed teams chances to go to the Super Bowl.

Plax did not destroy our team... at least not intentionally... Plax is also the same dude who makde Super Bowl XLII possible for all of us to share those memories. You saw Plax's heart melt the frozen tundra of Green Bay. He made that moment frozen in time and answered all of the outstanding questions surrounding his heart. The dude is a lion who wants a real family to surround him and true friends to watch his back.

Plax did not destroy our team... at least not intentionally... Plax is also the same dude who makde Super Bowl XLII possible for all of us to share those memories. You saw Plax's heart melt the frozen tundra of Green Bay. He made that moment frozen in time and answered all of the outstanding questions surrounding his heart. The dude is a lion who wants a real family to surround him and true friends to watch his back.

So he goes to a club..3 days before a game he is "too hurt" to play in, while bringing

two teammates with him. Yeah, some true friends he wants.

Not intentionally? You bring a gun with you into a night club, where the booze and bitches

is ever present (I bet ya'll like that alliteration, motherfuckers!!) something stupid is going

to happen....Guess what? Something stupid did happen.

Burress was nothing short of a malcontent this year, from his demand of a new contract,

him not living up to that contract (he had ONE great game..and it happened 5 hours after

he signed the extension) and being an all around asshole.

So he goes to a club..3 days before a game he is "too hurt" to play in, while bringing

Not intentionally? You bring a gun with you into a night club, where the booze and bitches

is ever present (I bet ya'll like that alliteration, motherfuckers!!) something stupid is going

Burress was nothing short of a malcontent this year, from his demand of a new contract,

him not living up to that contract (he had ONE great game..and it happened 5 hours after

Agreed... this is supposed to be professional football. Shouldn't have to try and beg one of your players to be a professional. I don't care where he goes, just not back to the NY Giants. I'd bet my ass we're better off without him.

Which leads us to money. The fkin guy wants more money the giants give it to

him and the stupid asshole as you mention in 5 fkin hours melts down.

47 team infractions!!! Fuck this guy!

I doubt he comes back to the Giants, even more doubtful that he plays this season.

Quite a few irrational fans are still ticked at Plaxico as evidence of the previous posts.

irrational seems like the wrong word to me.

Loyality and being professional might be old school

but when you cross that line for that kind of money

your will here strong opinions.

If irrational means that plax is and asshole so be it.

Politically correct words dont belong when speaking of him.

...then he got paid and reached his true lazy asshole potential.

...then he got paid and reached his true lazy asshole potential.

Just a screwed up in the head dude who should've real friends around him. But as often the case with these celebs, they're surrounded by ass-kissers and enablers. Ultimately I don't think Plax is a bad person, just someone made a few mistakes.

Just a screwed up in the head dude who should've real friends around him. But as often the case with these celebs, they're surrounded by ass-kissers and enablers. Ultimately I don't think Plax is a bad person, just someone made a few mistakes.

That was my point entirely; it wasn't just "a few mistakes" it was a clear pattern.

...this is the argument made by every guy who stays with a girl who's bat-shit crazy... when what he should really do is dump the bitch.

...this is the argument made by every guy who stays with a girl who's bat-shit crazy... when what he should really do is dump the bitch.

Well, let he who has no sin cast the first stone... I just think Plax deserves another chance in blue.. I know it's too late but one can only hope. As excited as I am about the rookie WRs, I just don't think we should go into the season with no veteran WR manning the #1 spot.

Well, let he who has no sin cast the first stone... I just think Plax deserves another chance in blue.. I know it's too late but one can only hope. As excited as I am about the rookie WRs, I just don't think we should go into the season with no veteran WR manning the #1 spot.

He had it....when the Giants were willing to stick with him through his criminal procedings,

they even offered him a new contract...he said no. The next day...the Giants released him.

I don't know how any fan could possibly say that they actually WANT Plaxico Burress back in a

Giants uniform.

He had it....when the Giants were willing to stick with him through his criminal procedings,

they even offered him a new contract...he said no. The next day...the Giants released him.

I don't know how any fan could possibly say that they actually WANT Plaxico Burress back in a

Giants uniform.

Key word: Another.

Giants uniform.

I didnt know they offered Plax a new contract to stay? He's a douche if he turned it down.