SportsWrath

Giants Room

Allstarjim

Not sure if I should post this here or in GD, so mods, feel free to move. I started on this room awhile back and it's almost complete. I just need to finish our Giants themed coffee table, a new LCD (I'm shooting for 52") and wireless surround sound system. Also, I want to put something in like a foosball table in between the bar and the high top table. But I thought I'd share some before and after photos with you guys... when we moved in to this house in January, this was a carpeted, Living Room/Dining Room combo. Here are the pics (I'm going to do this in several posts, so be patient):

This was how the old owners had it before my wife and I moved in:

077.jpg

078.jpg

076.jpg

That's awesome; where'd you get it? Looks good but I would have used a lighter blue. I know not as authentic but really dark paints I find dampen light too much.

LOL, it's a Giants themed sports room, LW! I went to Home Depot and picked Giants colors. Glidden has sports themed colors... I picked Giants Blue and Giants Red for the stripe. I actually was going to do two smaller grey stripes (they also have a Giants grey :confused:) above and below the red stripe, but then when I tried it, it didn't look as good.

Not too concerned with the lighting. The windows are pretty big and we have an overhead light/ceiling fan plus that big lamp in the corner. Plus when we are going to watch football games in there I'd rather it be a little darker to see the TV better.

Wow that's awesome!

The only thing I woulda done tho is keep the crucifix from the original room and sculpt Lawrence Taylor's face into it! :TU:

Nah, Jesus would've crushed all of LT's records and LT himself if he wanted to.

You are true fan my friend and you must have one of the most understanding wives in this world. I can't imagine a woman letting me decorate a room like that unless it was in the cellar where she (and her friends) would never go or in the attic.

My only criticism is that Met's plaque ;)

You are true fan my friend and you must have one of the most understanding wives in this world. I can't imagine a woman letting me decorate a room like that unless it was in the cellar where she (and her friends) would never go or in the attic.

Thanks, Bleedin'. a lot of people have said that, that they can't believe my wife allowed this... but, my wife is almost as big a Giants fan as I am. She was totally on board with it.

Truthfully, I would rather have a basement set up where it could be a real Man Cave, but unfortunately, you don't get too many basements in Florida!

Thanks, Bleedin'. a lot of people have said that, that they can't believe my wife allowed this... but, my wife is almost as big a Giants fan as I am. She was totally on board with it.

Truthfully, I would rather have a basement set up where it could be a real Man Cave, but unfortunately, you don't get too many basements in Florida!

Holy shit... the new house I'm buying has FOUR bedrooms... and I have no wife!

I might rip off your idea and make me a Giants room of my own, Jim! :D

Hey D4P, you could do a Eagles Room where you could show off some Eagles some Superb... errr... NFC championship memorabilia! :)

I peep up the street from me here in Philly turned his garage into an Eagles room. Massive tv, beer tap, Eagles stuff all over, and a green light above the bathroom door that goes on when taking a piss. It's the ugliest fucking room I've ever seen.

You're not ripping me off, buddy! I wasn't the first to do a sports-themed room or even a Giants room, I'm sure, so have at it! Hopefully you have enough Giants crap to fill up the walls!

I want to add a framed LT jersey sometime, and also the framed front page of the NY Times the day after the Giants won the SuperBowl vs the Patriots. I have the newspaper somewhere around here!

Have at it, man... it's a lot of work, but it's fun when you're done. Recommend a laser level and frog tape (works much better for cleaner lines than the 3M blue painter's tape) if you are doing a stripe. Painting the stripe for me was the hardest part. Good luck, and show pics when you are done.

I'm on board with Bleedin in that I can't imagine going up to my wife and saying "I'd like to turn the basement into a sports bar/room with memorabilia and shit, because I know what the answer would be. (in 2 week, I get to paint the basement WHITE!!! :o ).

That said, that kicks ass and you are pissing me off. I have to live vicariously through my 5 year old and his Man Utd flag and posters and his Giants posters.

Rip it off, perfect opportunity for you. Then you can stick fake Shockey pictures up on the wall.

Dude, my best friend (000g000 from giants.com if anyone remmebers) already has a room almost EXACTLY like that. Its where we watch the majority of games. You beat me to it Jim, cause Im working on one in my house, and was gonna post it when finished. Thats fuckin awesome and now Im gettin ideas from you!