SportsWrath

Giants should move up to Rams pick for Crabtree.

Plax 4 Prez

All this talk about Crabtree reminds me of Calvin Johnson. Johnson is a good player, no doubt....had a real nice 2008 on a crappy team. I'm not sure if Crabtree is as good as Johnson, and again, he's got a problem with his foot and hasn't run a 40 since high school.

All this talk about Crabtree reminds me of Calvin Johnson. Johnson is a good player, no doubt....had a real nice 2008 on a crappy team. I'm not sure if Crabtree is as good as Johnson, and again, he's got a problem with his foot and hasn't run a 40 since high school.

You need to read the article that came out today on ESPN.com. It was a pinky toe, which will be fully healed way before training camp. His 40 was like a 4.60 I think I remember from that article. His goal is to get it around 4.40 and hewas even training with Michael Johnson just to get his launch better. As far as I remember Plax's 40 wasn't great, but we all know what he could do. Read that article on Crabtree (sorry I don't have the link, I'm posting from my Treo) then see what I'm talking about. Everyone loves this kid

I know what your sayingm but Edwards has had only one good year and a ton of drops. Crabtree catches anything and I feel like Crabtree could come in here on day 1 and produce. He's a quick learner and has all the potential to come out in week 1 and catch 8-10 passes right off the bat. This guy has balance, breaks tackles, and is a lot faster then what people give him credit for. There's a big reason why he is the #1 wr available in the draft, and this is one of the greatest wr classes in a long time

Thats one more than Crabtree has had. ;)

He sure does look like the real deal. But then again, so did Peter Warrick.

lol, I live in Florida and I know Florida State players stink in the NFL. Warrick Dunn might 've been their best NFL player ever. You are right, some guys look like major studs in college, then come to the big leagues and end up being duds. I'm just telling you. I see Hall of Famer all over him. Just my gut instict.

there's no need more pressing than a WR but I think we are still going to get Boldin or Edwards.

why in the world does everyone say that? Can you name me ONE great receiver other than Bavaro that was on the 2 previous championship teams???

why in the world does everyone say that? Can you name me ONE great receiver other than Bavaro that was on the 2 previous championship teams???

no i can't- but the game changed since then. plus we have a QB who is only effective when he can stretch the field. get a different QB and maybe it's not as important.

socal, your comparing the mid and late 80's to now?!? First off we don't have no where near as dominant of a defense as back then, and rules have changed. The NFL is "quarterback friendly" now. 2nd off how many teams have won the Super Bowl since then that didn't have a good 1st wr? Dude your comparing apples to oranges. You need balance in today's NFL. You live too much on the past. Just like how you feel about the Yanks. Guess what, times have changed, brotha

no i can't- but the game changed since then. plus we have a QB who is only effective when he can stretch the field. get a different QB and maybe it's not as important.

Hey, I'm only 27, but what about McConky, Sherrard, and Ingram. I know there were plenty more.

Hey, I'm only 27, but what about McConky, Sherrard, and Ingram. I know there were plenty more.

No- the only one who could've been great of those 3 was sherrard- but he shattered his leg in his first season with Dallas ( who, if memory serves, moved up in a trade with the 49ers to grab him before we did) and he was never the same.

No- the only one who could've been great of those 3 was sherrard- but he shattered his leg in his first season with Dallas ( who, if memory serves, moved up in a trade with the 49ers to grab him before we did) and he was never the same.

What, no love for Stephen Baker the Touchdown maker??? All 5'2" of him!! lol

socal, your comparing the mid and late 80's to now?!? First off we don't have no where near as dominant of a defense as back then, and rules have changed. The NFL is "quarterback friendly" now. 2nd off how many teams have won the Super Bowl since then that didn't have a good 1st wr? Dude your comparing apples to oranges. You need balance in today's NFL. You live too much on the past. Just like how you feel about the Yanks. Guess what, times have changed, brotha

I believe Super Bowls are won by great Defense. Raven's won it by great d, and i can't seem to remember their TOP WR.. hell, their QB was the worst of them all. Then there's the steelers, Great defense, their top guy was Hines Ward.. can someone put him on the top 10 as far as making a catch? Then there's new england, i can't seem to remember all those years where they won the SB with a big name WR???. and when the year they did have a big timer, they lost to a team with great defense.

You can say when the Rams and colts won , they didn't have much of a De.. but the pass 10 or so years more team with D won it than teams that can put points on the board...

anyways, back to the topic, WR is like gambling not all great WR were first picks... if you can say Crabtree is of what Larry Fiz, or Michael Johnson type of player, then yeh i'll go with them. but i can't seem to put his name next to LF or MJ....

lol, I live in Florida and I know Florida State players stink in the NFL. Warrick Dunn might 've been their best NFL player ever. You are right, some guys look like major studs in college, then come to the big leagues and end up being duds. I'm just telling you. I see Hall of Famer all over him. Just my gut instict.

No way. Can't believe you're dissing Anquan Boldin for one. Laverneus Coles? So many great Florida State NFLers! If we're not just talking WR's then you have to throw in the Boulware brothers, Andre Wadsworth, some guy named Derrick Brooks, Javon Walker, Leon Washington has been a difference maker for the Jets...

Lawrence Timmons, Tra Thomas, Ernie Sims, Corey Simon, Deion Sanders (hate that guy, though). How about Samari Rolle? Randy Moss kind of counts, right? Bryant McFadden, Brad Johnson, Janikowski (does a kicker count?), Dexter Jackson, Chris Hope, almost forgot one of the best young corners in the game... Antonio Cromartie, and one of the best players on the field last SuperBowl, Darnell Dockett.

And last but not least... the great Danny Kanell!

:ph34r:

um....gee I dont know, the Ravens, Steelers, Patriots :rolleyes:

Hines Ward??? Plus Santonio Holmes (who won the SuperBowl with his catch?)

Patriots had very good wide receivers as well. Not All-Pro good, but very good. Terry Glenn in his prime, Troy Brown, Deion Branch. Even David Patten at the time was pretty good.

I believe Super Bowls are won by great Defense. Raven's won it by great d, and i can't seem to remember their TOP WR.. hell, their QB was the worst of them all. Then there's the steelers, Great defense, their top guy was Hines Ward.. can someone put him on the top 10 as far as making a catch? Then there's new england, i can't seem to remember all those years where they won the SB with a big name WR???. and when the year they did have a big timer, they lost to a team with great defense.

You can say when the Rams and colts won , they didn't have much of a De.. but the pass 10 or so years more team with D won it than teams that can put points on the board...

anyways, back to the topic, WR is like gambling not all great WR were first picks... if you can say Crabtree is of what Larry Fiz, or Michael Johnson type of player, then yeh i'll go with them. but i can't seem to put his name next to LF or MJ....

I agree with this outlook. But I have one question......Who is Larry Fiz and Michael Johnson? :huh:

Are u kidding me? The Ravens did have a Pro-Bowler named Shannon Sharpe and a couple of other good guys I can't remember and yes Dilfer sucked, but what's your point? If the Vikings would've made it to them that year they would've of won. Our O-line and Kerry Collins didn't show up, and Tiki had a sub-par game. So what's your point? It's ok to have a shitty offense when u have a great defense? That's fucken retarded. You need a balanced attack. Please don't tell me we'll be perfectly fine with medicore wr's. That's asidine

Hines Ward??? Plus Santonio Holmes (who won the SuperBowl with his catch?)

Patriots had very good wide receivers as well. Not All-Pro good, but very good. Terry Glenn in his prime, Troy Brown, Deion Branch. Even David Patten at the time was pretty good.

Amen, brother. I guess thoughs guys are good recievers though. That's Why so many teams would love to have them. Dion Branch got the farm from Seattle. But no, the defenses were the only reason they won their championships. ;)

Are u kidding me? The Ravens did have a Pro-Bowler named Shannon Sharpe and a couple of other good guys I can't remember and yes Dilfer sucked, but what's your point? If the Vikings would've made it to them that year they would've of won. Our O-line and Kerry Collins didn't show up, and Tiki had a sub-par game. So what's your point? It's ok to have a shitty offense when u have a great defense? That's fucken retarded. You need a balanced attack. Please don't tell me we'll be perfectly fine with medicore wr's. That's asidine

:huh:

:)

Um, u guys are are missing my point. We have 10 picks, and we don't need all of those picks. I think we need Boldin or Crabtree. Fuck Edwards and fuck any other thought. If we get Boldin or Crabtree we are going to the Super Bowl. I promise you that