SportsWrath

Giants should move up to Rams pick for Crabtree.

Plax 4 Prez

Money, are you telling me it's inconceivable that the Giants would give picks up for a #1 reciever? Come on man. That's all we need to be an elite team. Seriously man, we have the ammo to get him. I like him better then Calvin. You will see. He is a day 1 starter that will wreck this league. Quote me on this

So...now your changing the subject?

To add to the discussion:

Chris Long was the 2nd overall pick last year (coincidentally, he was drafted by the Rams). His contract...

5 years, $56.5 million, $29 million guaranteed.

Meanwhile, here was Larry Fitzgerald's contract -- which he signed, btw, after legitimizing himself as perhaps the league's finest WR...

4 years, $40 million, $30 million guaranteed.

Altogether, we'd have to give up our entire draft save for compensatory selection, actively ignore our other needs (which are certainly relevant), AND give Crabtree a contract commensurate with the absolute best player at his position ... all before he's even stepped on an NFL field.

Plax 4 Prez, are you familiar with the concept of opportunity cost?

Money, are you telling me it's inconceivable that the Giants would give picks up for a #1 reciever? Come on man. That's all we need to be an elite team. Seriously man, we have the ammo to get him. I like him better then Calvin. You will see. He is a day 1 starter that will wreck this league. Quote me on this

I'm telling you it's impossible for the Giants to trade into the top 5. I demonstrated this in no uncertain terms. Go back and reread the post if you must. Use a calculator if you have to.

Later, on Sportswrath... Plax 4 Prez argues that 2 + 2 = 5. "Trust me on this, I've seen 2 in action." Stay tuned!

I agree with this outlook. But I have one question......Who is Larry Fiz and Michael Johnson? :huh:

Larry Fitzgerald n Calvin Johnson

one of those nights again.. blame it on the a a a a alcohol

i haven't finish the whole thread cuz i'm at work. but someone stated a great point... the so call *EXperts are basically comparing him with the rest of this year's group of WRs... come on now.

are you seriously saying.. crabtree's on the level with the two players that i listed????...

I'm not in anyway in favor of making a deal that big, but moving up to second, definately is not impossible.

It's not like this year's draft picks are all we have to play with here. But again, I hope we don't go down this road for one player.

Larry Fitzgerald n Calvin Johnson

one of those nights again.. blame it on the a a a a alcohol

i haven't finish the whole thread cuz i'm at work. but someone stated a great point... the so call *EXperts are basically comparing him with the rest of this year's group of WRs... come on now.

are you seriously saying.. crabtree's on the level with the two players that i listed????...

Very few people are in Fitzys league.

I'm not in anyway in favor of making a deal that big, but moving up to second, definately is not impossible.

It's not like this year's draft picks are all we have to play with here. But again, I hope we don't go down this road for one player.

Sure, we could throw in Eli Manning or Justin Tuck. That could probably get the ball rolling. The point is, once we approach the presumable price for that 2nd overall pick, it becomes untenable on our end. Future picks are an option, but do you really see Jerry Reese giving up all our picks in 2009 AND our 1st rounder in 2010? I don't.

I'm telling you it's impossible for the Giants to trade into the top 5. I demonstrated this in no uncertain terms. Go back and reread the post if you must. Use a calculator if you have to.

Later, on Sportswrath... Plax 4 Prez argues that 2 + 2 = 5. "Trust me on this, I've seen 2 in action." Stay tuned!

Dude, your trying to make me look like an idiot. I'm not one, so sorry. I'm bringing this subject up cause I feel it's a pressing subject to our team and that I feel that it would put us over the top of all the other teams in the NFC. We don't need 10 picks. Reese has agreed, don't you? We have the ammo for Boldin or Crabtree. Fuck Edwards. He drops more balls then a queer guy on Kings Avenue. I'm for real.

I'm still thinking that Crabtree drops below #5, which makes P4P's scenario more plausible.

A top 5 pick has to be watertight, and Crabtree has some negatives - lack of info on his 40 time, the foot injury, and lack of polish.

I won't be surprised if we discover NFL GM's aren't as enamored of a sophomore with questionable speed who is coming off a surgery in March as the mock drafts would have us believe.

Dude, your trying to make me look like an idiot. I'm not one, so sorry. I'm bringing this subject up cause I feel it's a pressing subject to our team and that I feel that it would put us over the top of all the other teams in the NFC. We don't need 10 picks. Reese has agreed, don't you? We have the ammo for Boldin or Crabtree. Fuck Edwards. He drops more balls then a queer guy on Kings Avenue. I'm for real.

Crabtree is a great prospect. He's the best WR in this year's class. We need help at WR. I agree with you on those points.

Look at the draft value chart. 2,600 points for pick 2. We don't have the pieces to acquire the 2nd overall pick. Why is this so difficult to grasp?

jericho is so good that his wwf debut is him interrupting the rock's promo and showing him up. notice how they didnt have to transition him into a funny character from a boring wack character like-oh say-rocky maivia. he was just hilarious right off the bat:

it's not necessary to pour it on- you made your point.

Evidentally not:

We have the ammo for ... Crabtree. Fuck Edwards. He drops more balls then a queer guy on Kings Avenue. I'm for real.

Plus, I won't let any disparaging remark against my guy Braylon go without proper retaliation.

The only way the Giants would possibly get Crabtree is if he fell in the 1st round and the Giants were able to trade up and get him. There is no way they have the abilty to trade to #2 to get him nor the amount of money it would require to sign the #2 overall pick.

So you want Crabtree, hope he falls like Warren Sapp in 95 or Aaron Rodgers etc.

Better bet for this team would be to focus on Edwards.

the rock didn't even make my facebook top 5 wrestlers--and yes that's a big deal. i'll never forgive him for stealing mitch richmond's nickname

it was don muracos nickname before mitch's. get it right

wwf-program-don-muraco.jpg

it was don muracos nickname before mitch's. get it right

wwf-program-don-muraco.jpg

that makes Rocky Maivia's (im only referring to him by his original gimmick from now on) offense even worse since they're in the same sport.