SportsWrath

Giants should move up to Rams pick for Crabtree.

Plax 4 Prez

I know Reese has done a great job so far but WR is such a crap shoot. Of his 3 early picks at WR, Manningham, Moss and Smith, only Smith has paid dividends.

I do not like the idea of giving up a bunch of picks for a WR. No way to know how they will fair with

a) Press Coverage

b) Intermediate Routes

c) Sight Adjustnments to Routes

d) Catching with hands instead of Body

All 4 items are key in the pro game. All 4 things are almost never asked of College wide outs.

If we move into the top 10 I would like to see them look at OT and ILB. Much safer positions to pick.

just my 2 cents anyway

Did Reese draft Moss? I thought that was still EA, the year we drafted Kiwi I think. Fuck my memory is so bad.

I understand your concern about wr's not panning out in the NFL, but Crabtree is a rare specimen, and no matter if it's the Giants or any other team. He will be a great day 1 starter and a asset to this league for many years to come. He's going to be a young Keshawn Johnson without the attitude problems and the me first attitude.

If he's there in the late teens, it'd be worth trading up just to see, but I don't expect much from a guy who played in a prolific air it out offense in a conference not known for playing a whole lotta D.

If he's there in the late teens, it'd be worth trading up just to see, but I don't expect much from a guy who played in a prolific air it out offense in a conference not known for playing a whole lotta D.

VG, he's not going to fall out of the top ten, I promise you that. He's the best reciever in the draft. Teams like the Raiders will make sure he won't fall. We need to secure him. Nicks, Britt, and even Heyward-Bey won't do for our team. We need a true #1.

I can't believe a lot of you guys wouldn't want to do this. If we only had 6 or 7 picks I would understand. This guy is a Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens without the ego. I've seen his college and high school videos and he is way better then the Calvin Johnson we saw a couple years ago. Believe me, this guy is a stud who's worth the picks

I can't believe a lot of you guys wouldn't want to do this. If we only had 6 or 7 picks I would understand. This guy is a Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens without the ego. I've seen his college and high school videos and he is way better then the Calvin Johnson we saw a couple years ago. Believe me, this guy is a stud who's worth the picks

:blah: :blah:

There is always a WR(s) every year in the draft who everyone says this is true about them, I've only seen one so far who has lived up to his top 10 pick status in recent years and thats Calvin Johnson.

Were not going to take a risk on a kid who just went had foot surgery along with never playing a snap in the NFL. Experts say he is the best WR in this draft but if you actually look at this years WR class outside of Crabtree the rest are late first round picks to third round picks. It's a very week WR core this year and the Giants arnt desperate enough to trade away 3-5 picks for the second pick in the draft. I mean I could see if there were no trade talks at all and no WRs the Giants like, then us throwing the kitchen sink at the Rams to get Crabtree but it's been clear that the Giants are high on some of the other WRs in the draft if not trading for a WR.

I see Crabtree going to some team in the top 10 of the draft and then we will see if the hype about him has been real but the history of top WR picks is against him.

:blah: :blah:

There is always a WR(s) every year in the draft who everyone says this is true about them, I've only seen one so far who has lived up to his top 10 pick status in recent years and thats Calvin Johnson.

Were not going to take a risk on a kid who just went had foot surgery along with never playing a snap in the NFL. Experts say he is the best WR in this draft but if you actually look at this years WR class outside of Crabtree the rest are late first round picks to third round picks. It's a very week WR core this year and the Giants arnt desperate enough to trade away 3-5 picks for the second pick in the draft. I mean I could see if there were no trade talks at all and no WRs the Giants like, then us throwing the kitchen sink at the Rams to get Crabtree but it's been clear that the Giants are high on some of the other WRs in the draft if not trading for a WR.

I see Crabtree going to some team in the top 10 of the draft and then we will see if the hype about him has been real but the history of top WR picks is against him.

Of all people, not you. Blue your my boy. How can you say that. Crabtree only has a stress fracture on his pinky toe. You could cut my pinky toe off and I'll be fine. Crabtree is a future Hall of Famer. To you he ain't worth it? With him or Boldin (big if on Boldin) we are the best team in the NFC. Guys Like Jacobs and Manning need a good #1. Come on man. You know what I'm talking about

Of all people, not you. Blue your my boy. How can you say that. Crabtree only has a stress fracture on his pinky toe. You could cut my pinky toe off and I'll be fine. Crabtree is a future Hall of Famer. To you he ain't worth it? With him or Boldin (big if on Boldin) we are the best team in the NFC. Guys Like Jacobs and Manning need a good #1. Come on man. You know what I'm talking about

If you cut off your pinky toe, it would be hard to walk, even just stand up. Its a little more serious than that. And one other little correction..............We ARE the best team in the NFC, let alone the league. ;)

"You my boy BLUE!"

No no dont get me wrong, Eli does need a legitimate number one WR to throw to and to also take pressure off our running game. However like I said every year there's a WR who is "the next big thing" in every draft and the majority of them turn out to be nothing but flops. If the Giant's were really interested in Crabtree you would of heard about it by now, with us bringing him in for workouts since he failed to do any this offseason.

Is he worth it to trade up and get him? No not in my opinion. The Giants are checking out what options they will have with their first round pick at WR in the draft, they have already brought a number of guys in and are liking a some of them. I'm sure some talent evaluator from the Giants has already went and checked out Crabtree and said to Reese what he thinks about the kid and so far it must not of been anything special since the Giants haven't said anything about moving up in the draft for him. Does this mean we wont? No, Reese is a tricky fellow and seems to keep all his draft ideas secret.

Right now I'd rather give up the picks for Edwards or even Boldin in a trade then Crabtree, but you never know what Reese is thinking.

P.S. Your still my boy P4P!! Just not seeing eye to eye on this Crabtree thing.

If you cut off your pinky toe, it would be hard to walk, even just stand up. Its a little more serious than that. And one other little correction..............We ARE the best team in the NFC, let alone the league. ;)

Bigblue, I am telling you as a friend. this is a franchise player who would bring many Super Bowls to our team and we have plenty of ammo to make it happen. I've known you for a while now, have I ever said that a guy will be great and it didn't happen. He needs to be wearing the Giant colors or I seroiusly will cry. Something I usually would never do. I mean it. This guy will be a Hall of Famer and he can be ours

Bigblue, I am telling you as a friend. this is a franchise player who would bring many Super Bowls to our team and we have plenty of ammo to make it happen. I've known you for a while now, have I ever said that a guy will be great and it didn't happen. He needs to be wearing the Giant colors or I seroiusly will cry. Something I usually would never do. I mean it. This guy will be a Hall of Famer and he can be ours

Well, I will give you that. You've never lied to me. You just never know. I surely dont want you to cry, so maybe they should move up to grab him? :P

Seriously though, I dont see it. I mean, he does look very good. But calling him a HOFer and stuff already, I just dont know.

"You my boy BLUE!"

No no dont get me wrong, Eli does need a legitimate number one WR to throw to and to also take pressure off our running game. However like I said every year there's a WR who is "the next big thing" in every draft and the majority of them turn out to be nothing but flops. If the Giant's were really interested in Crabtree you would of heard about it by now, with us bringing him in for workouts since he failed to do any this offseason.

Is he worth it to trade up and get him? No not in my opinion. The Giants are checking out what options they will have with their first round pick at WR in the draft, they have already brought a number of guys in and are liking a some of them. I'm sure some talent evaluator from the Giants has already went and checked out Crabtree and said to Reese what he thinks about the kid and so far it must not of been anything special since the Giants haven't said anything about moving up in the draft for him. Does this mean we wont? No, Reese is a tricky fellow and seems to keep all his draft ideas secret.

Right now I'd rather give up the picks for Edwards or even Boldin in a trade then Crabtree, but you never know what Reese is thinking.

P.S. Your still my boy P4P!! Just not seeing eye to eye on this Crabtree thing.

LOL. The Bud Light is doing more of the talking then I am right now, but I serioisly do see this as a big mistake if we didn't get him. Honestly I know he will be badass. I couldn't say the same for Calvin Johnson. I've seen Crabtree play in person and this guys atheltic ablility is insane. I would love him as much as I'd liked to get Boldin

The Rams have went public about will to shop their 1st round pick and they are in the rebuilding process. The Giants have 10 picks because of our brilliant trade to the Saints for douchebag Shockey. Reese has went public saying that he doesn't want to sign 10 picks. Our only real needs are mainly WR, OL depth, and LB depth (preferably someone to replace Pierce in a year or so). i'm happy with all of our other positions (except for kicker, but that is a whole new thread on it's own, lol.) The Rams need picks so if we gave them our 1st, one of our 2nd's, and a 3rd, 4th, or 5th pick to move to their spot then we could have thr most talented player in the draft in my opinion. What do u guys think?

It really wouldn't make sense for either team. The Giants don't want to give away their entire draft for one player; the Rams don't want to lose out on a blue-chip prospect.

And a trade of that nature won't happen, so this conversation is academic.

I have to agree with Golfing Guy. Calvin Johnson was probably the best WR prospect of the past ... oh, I don't know ... ever. And he's done nothing in his pro career to disspell that notion. This isn't a strike against Crabtree - he's just not as a good as a guy who's a lot bigger, a lot faster, and a lot more athletic. Not even close

Sure, Crabtree had unreal production. But unlike Crabtree, Johnson didn't have the benefit of a spread offense that passed the ball 80% of the time; unfortunately, he spent his collegiate years playing with Reggie Ball (someone who most asuredly qualifies as a jabroni).

BigBlue.....I like you and I apologize for my outburst last week. But you're still a jabroni,

which loosely translates to "idiot and/or moron."

As for Plax 4 Prez.... Yeah, Crabtree is alot better than Calvin Johnson? Yeah..no he isn't.

And it isn't even close for all the reasons Money said. I don't know how you can come to the conclusion

if the Giants were to draft him, they would be a Superbowl winner. I would rather have Braylon Edwards

or Boldin because at least these guys have a track record to work with. And with the contracts, you'd be paying

Crabtree and Boldin/Edwards the same amount really.

As for the crack of "Go watch Tiger par a hole." I guess you're still pissed off about me becoming Mets mod.

Sorry.

Pdouble...The Rock was the fucking man..no if's ands or buts about it.

BigBlue.....I like you and I apologize for my outburst last week. But you're still a jabroni,

which loosely translates to "idiot and/or moron."

As for Plax 4 Prez.... Yeah, Crabtree is alot better than Calvin Johnson? Yeah..no he isn't.

And it isn't even close for all the reasons Money said. I don't know how you can come to the conclusion

if the Giants were to draft him, they would be a Superbowl winner. I would rather have Braylon Edwards

or Boldin because at least these guys have a track record to work with. And with the contracts, you'd be paying

Crabtree and Boldin/Edwards the same amount really.

As for the crack of "Go watch Tiger par a hole." I guess you're still pissed off about me becoming Mets mod.

Sorry.

Pdouble...The Rock was the fucking man..no if's ands or buts about it.

Why thank you......I think...... :unsure:

Im a moron because I dont watch the Rock on youtube? I think that makes me something else...............straight.

If Calvin Johnson is Tiger Woods, then Michael Crabtree is Vijay Singh. Jerry Rice is, quite obviously, Jack Nicklaus.

Matt Jones would definitely be John Daly.

Andy Reid is Craig Stadler.

I would switch CJ and Jerry Rice. Tiger is by far the best.