SportsWrath

Giants should move up to Rams pick for Crabtree.

Plax 4 Prez

The Rock> Scott Hall.

Whatca gona do, brother!!!!

blasphemy. scott hall and kevin nash single-handedly (double handedly?) ushered in wrestling's golden age. there's no attitude era without the nwo murdering wwf in the ratings for 85 straight weeks

that makes Rocky Maivia's (im only referring to him by his original gimmick from now on) offense even worse since they're in the same sport.

Stone Cold's first gimmick sucked as well. I don't get the big deal, wasn't the Rock's father

"Soul Man" Rocky Johnson? I can see the direct correlation...the whole first 3rd generation

wrestler line. Shit makes sense, dawg.

blasphemy. scott hall and kevin nash single-handedly (double handedly?) ushered in wrestling's golden age. there's no attitude era without the nwo murdering wwf in the ratings for 85 straight weeks

Interesting you say that cause on youtube there are a bunch of 8 minute clips

from some movie produced by the WWF on the demise of WCW.

NWO is gay too. Beat that SUCKA!!!!

Stone Cold's first gimmick sucked as well. I don't get the big deal, wasn't the Rock's father

"Soul Man" Rocky Johnson? I can see the direct correlation...the whole first 3rd generation

wrestler line. Shit makes sense, dawg.

yeah and his grandfather was peter maivia. i was at the rock's debut at survivor series in madison square garden and everyone was laughing at him and his goofy outfit. in fact he got booed and made fun of so much while he was a face that that's ironically what brought out 'the rock' character.

do you mean the 'ringmaster'? that's not his first gimmick. he had the hollywood blondes with brian pillman as 'stunning' steve austin and i used to think they were pretty bad ass.

the rock, stone cold, scott hall and jericho are all great examples of why bookers are TERRIBLE with characters and why wrestlers should just make up their own

yeah and his grandfather was peter maivia. i was at the rock's debut at survivor series in madison square garden and everyone was laughing at him and his goofy outfit. in fact he got booed and made fun of so much while he was a face that that's ironically what brought out 'the rock' character.

do you mean the 'ringmaster'? that's not his first gimmick. he had the hollywood blondes with brian pillman as 'stunning' steve austin and i used to think they were pretty bad ass.

the rock, stone cold, scott hall and jericho are all great examples of why bookers are TERRIBLE with characters and why wrestlers should just make up their own

I agree.

Interesting you say that cause on youtube there are a bunch of 8 minute clips

from some movie produced by the WWF on the demise of WCW.

NWO is gay too. Beat that SUCKA!!!!

yeah i've seen that, wcw failed because a) the austin/mcmahon fued was so hot b) after the aol merger the board of directors wanted to get rid of wrestling--they were so desperate to NOT have their #1 original programming be wrestling that they sold it to mcmahon at a lower price than eric bischoff was offering. great decision, now they can keep bragging about 'the closer' starring kira sedwig :mellow:

World Wrestling Federation (1992–1996)

[edit] Bad Guy (1992–1993)

Hall signed a contract with the World Wrestling Federation (WWF) in 1992 and his character evolved from Scott Hall to that of Razor Ramon, a Cuban American from Miami.[9][20] The Latino-heel persona was modeled after Tony Montana and Manny Ray (Al Pacino and Steven Bauer's characters from the movie Scarface).[20] Hall's nickname (The Bad Guy) and catchphrase ("Say hello to The Bad Guy") are derived out of quotes from the movie "Say hello to my little friend" and "Say goodnight to the bad guy".[20] Later in his career, Hall claimed he pitched the idea of a Scarface-like character during a meeting with Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson, as a joke.[9] Hall quoted lines with a Cuban accent and gave ideas for vignettes (also inspired by the movie) that would involve Hall recreating several scenes, such as Ramon driving around South Florida in a convertible with a leopard-skin interior.[9] Although his pitch was taken right from the film, McMahon and Patterson were nevertheless floored by the ideas and called Hall a "genius."[9] Hall later learned that neither McMahon nor Patterson had ever seen or heard of the movie; thus, they believed that Hall was coming up with the ideas right then and there.[9]

yeah i've seen that, wcw failed because a) the austin/mcmahon fued was so hot b) after the aol merger the board of directors wanted to get rid of wrestling--they were so desperate to NOT have their #1 original programming be wrestling that they sold it to mcmahon at a lower price than eric bischoff was offering. great decision, now they can keep bragging about 'the closer' starring kira sedwig :mellow:

Some of the wrestlers like Jericho, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, etc were all pissed off at never

really getting a shot in the WCW..guys like Kevin Nash, Hogan, Scott Hall, etc were all given more

than one shot. They mention the only guy to really get a shot was Goldberg, who was awesome.

Sure, we could throw in Eli Manning or Justin Tuck. That could probably get the ball rolling. The point is, once we approach the presumable price for that 2nd overall pick, it becomes untenable on our end. Future picks are an option, but do you really see Jerry Reese giving up all our picks in 2009 AND our 1st rounder in 2010? I don't.

Ofcourse I don't, and as I put out there twice already I think it would be a very bad idea.

But it certainly is attainable isn't it.

Some of the wrestlers like Jericho, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, etc were all pissed off at never

really getting a shot in the WCW..guys like Kevin Nash, Hogan, Scott Hall, etc were all given more

than one shot. They mention the only guy to really get a shot was Goldberg, who was awesome.

those three didnt get over with the fans initially because they didnt have any skills on the mic. notice how ridiculously popular jericho got in wcw once he dropped that stupid 'lionheart' gimmick and became a hilarious heel. guerrero got popular in the wwf for the same reason--cuz he turned up the volume on his 'crazy guy' character.

besides, hall and nash paid their dues in the 80's in wcw. neither one of them got any kind of push until they came to the wwf. the common theme here is that wcw has no idea what to do with its' talent unless the talent is good on the microphone with goldberg and maybe sting being probably the only exceptions

you think it makes you clever to make others look less smart, but it doesn't.

I'd like to believe I'm clever on my own terms. Despite my best efforts, Plax 4 Prez continues to ignore a convincing numerically-based explanation of why his suggestion is a misguided fairytale - that's what's making him look less smart.

And be wary of the pot calling the kettle black. After all, you were the one who couldn't wait to make fun of someone for typing "asidine."

We're all God's children...

The only way the Giants would possibly get Crabtree is if he fell in the 1st round and the Giants were able to trade up and get him. There is no way they have the abilty to trade to #2 to get him nor the amount of money it would require to sign the #2 overall pick.

So you want Crabtree, hope he falls like Warren Sapp in 95 or Aaron Rodgers etc.

Better bet for this team would be to focus on Edwards.

Or just stay put and use one of the top-60 picks on the best available receiver. Other parts of our roster need infusions of talent, not just WR...

If Jake the Snake Roberts could have just cut down on the drug and alcohol abuse (not cut them out entirely mind you), he would have been considered better than everyone but the Rock. Go watch his old promos. Hulk Hogan was afraid to put him over and the Ultimate Warrior also. Jake was the best.

Oh yeah, Money where's your fucking math problem for that Suckah??

If Jake the Snake Roberts could have just cut down on the drug and alcohol abuse (not cut them out entirely mind you), he would have been considered better than everyone but the Rock. Go watch his old promos. Hulk Hogan was afraid to put him over and the Ultimate Warrior also. Jake was the best.

Oh yeah, Money where's your fucking math problem for that Suckah??

If Owen Hart falls helplessly 78 feet at -9.8 m/s, how dead will he be when he hits the turnbuckle?

a. Very

b. Deader than a doorknob

c. Canadian Crippler

d. "Raw is Owen"

If Jake the Snake Roberts could have just cut down on the drug and alcohol abuse (not cut them out entirely mind you), he would have been considered better than everyone but the Rock.

Jake the Snake was the man.

If Owen Hart falls helplessly 78 feet at -9.8 m/s, how dead will he be when he hits the turnbuckle?

a. Very

b. Deader than a doorknob

c. Canadian Crippler

d. "Raw is Owen"

Now, I know we're all having a little fun, but let me show you where we draw the line when it comes to making jokes.

Line = ---------------------------------------------------------------

Death.