SportsWrath

Giants should move up to Rams pick for Crabtree.

Plax 4 Prez

The Rams have went public about will to shop their 1st round pick and they are in the rebuilding process. The Giants have 10 picks because of our brilliant trade to the Saints for douchebag Shockey. Reese has went public saying that he doesn't want to sign 10 picks. Our only real needs are mainly WR, OL depth, and LB depth (preferably someone to replace Pierce in a year or so). i'm happy with all of our other positions (except for kicker, but that is a whole new thread on it's own, lol.) The Rams need picks so if we gave them our 1st, one of our 2nd's, and a 3rd, 4th, or 5th pick to move to their spot then we could have thr most talented player in the draft in my opinion. What do u guys think?

Would probably cost more picks, and while I wouldn't like giving up so many picks getting Crabtree would be amazing.

You know, I honestly wouldn't mind if they wanted 4 of our 10 picks for a guy that would be a day 1 differance maker. I don't like giving up the whole farm for 1 guy, but we did it for Eli and it worked out, and this guy isn't a troublemaker or loud mouth. I think he's worth it

Supposedly, we offered a 1 and a 5 for Edwards so a 1 and a 2 and a 5 (or some other pick) seems a little high just to move up for Crabtree. On the other hand, the Rams sitting with the 2nd overall pick would probably love to get rid of it just like the Lions want to move the first pick because of the outrageous amount of money required to sign that unproven player.

I think it would be easier and less costly for the Giants to pick up both Robiske (or Harvin or Nicks) and still also land Britt. And I'd rather pick up a Robiske/Britt combo than Crabtree. But that's just me. In the end, in Reeves I trust.

Supposedly, we offered a 1 and a 5 for Edwards so a 1 and a 2 and a 5 (or some other pick) seems a little high just to move up for Crabtree. On the other hand, the Rams sitting with the 2nd overall pick would probably love to get rid of it just like the Lions want to move the first pick because of the outrageous amount of money required to sign that unproven player.

I think it would be easier and less costly for the Giants to pick up both Robiske (or Harvin or Nicks) and still also land Britt. And I'd rather pick up a Robiske/Britt combo than Crabtree. But that's just me. In the end, in Reeves I trust.

As in, Christopher Reeves? AKA Superman?? :P

Not a bad idea, and IMO, the rest of our team is so strong that any good big WR would make a difference. But I personally would rather have Edwards, because no matter how good Crabtree is, its gonna take a while to reach his potential. We are ready to grab another Lombardi now. Edwards would really produce from day 1 with our team.

I know what your sayingm but Edwards has had only one good year and a ton of drops. Crabtree catches anything and I feel like Crabtree could come in here on day 1 and produce. He's a quick learner and has all the potential to come out in week 1 and catch 8-10 passes right off the bat. This guy has balance, breaks tackles, and is a lot faster then what people give him credit for. There's a big reason why he is the #1 wr available in the draft, and this is one of the greatest wr classes in a long time

I say keep our picks, take the best available whatever and play Giants football. We have two fucking championships without having a premier WR. All this receiver garbage is media bullshit.

socal, we have 10 fucken picks. Reese doesn't want to sign 10 picks. If we gave up 4 picks for Crabtree then we can still sign 6 picks. Crabtree is worth it

socal, we have 10 fucken picks. Reese doesn't want to sign 10 picks. If we gave up 4 picks for Crabtree then we can still sign 6 picks. Crabtree is worth it

we have other pressing needs to address that I think is more vital than a premier WR. I'd much rather move up and snag the premier OT than a WR. Just me though

we have other pressing needs to address that I think is more vital than a premier WR. I'd much rather move up and snag the premier OT than a WR. Just me though

there's no need more pressing than a WR but I think we are still going to get Boldin or Edwards.

I know Reese has done a great job so far but WR is such a crap shoot. Of his 3 early picks at WR, Manningham, Moss and Smith, only Smith has paid dividends.

I do not like the idea of giving up a bunch of picks for a WR. No way to know how they will fair with

a) Press Coverage

b) Intermediate Routes

c) Sight Adjustnments to Routes

d) Catching with hands instead of Body

All 4 items are key in the pro game. All 4 things are almost never asked of College wide outs.

If we move into the top 10 I would like to see them look at OT and ILB. Much safer positions to pick.

just my 2 cents anyway

I know Reese has done a great job so far but WR is such a crap shoot. Of his 3 early picks at WR, Manningham, Moss and Smith, only Smith has paid dividends.

I do not like the idea of giving up a bunch of picks for a WR. No way to know how they will fair with

a) Press Coverage

b) Intermediate Routes

c) Sight Adjustnments to Routes

d) Catching with hands instead of Body

All 4 items are key in the pro game. All 4 things are almost never asked of College wide outs.

If we move into the top 10 I would like to see them look at OT and ILB. Much safer positions to pick.

just my 2 cents anyway

I understand your concern about wr's not panning out in the NFL, but Crabtree is a rare specimen, and no matter if it's the Giants or any other team. He will be a great day 1 starter and a asset to this league for many years to come. He's going to be a young Keshawn Johnson without the attitude problems and the me first attitude.

I still hold out hope that Crabtree falls into the 10-15 spot. I know most people think he'll be gone by the time Seattle picks, but that stress fracture in his foot and questions about his speed make him a less of a blue-chipper than the mock-drafts might think.

He could very well pull a Brady Quinn, and we could get him for less.

I understand your concern about wr's not panning out in the NFL, but Crabtree is a rare specimen, and no matter if it's the Giants or any other team. He will be a great day 1 starter and a asset to this league for many years to come. He's going to be a young Keshawn Johnson without the attitude problems and the me first attitude.

I agree that the man waqs a beast in College but it is always a big risk to take WR early. If it costs us 3 picks to get into the top 10 we need to make sure we get value there.

otherwise I would rather they use the late 1st, the early second and a third or 4th on WRs and let 3 of them all compete for 1 spot during camp.

I still hold out hope that Crabtree falls into the 10-15 spot. I know most people think he'll be gone by the time Seattle picks, but that stress fracture in his foot and questions about his speed make him a less of a blue-chipper than the mock-drafts might think.

He could very well pull a Brady Quinn, and we could get him for less.

I don't see a wr of his caliber falling past 6. Lol, the Raiders would make sure of that. Qb's fall, not really wr's

I agree that the man waqs a beast in College but it is always a big risk to take WR early. If it costs us 3 picks to get into the top 10 we need to make sure we get value there.

otherwise I would rather they use the late 1st, the early second and a third or 4th on WRs and let 3 of them all compete for 1 spot during camp.

Well we have 10 picks with no intention of signing all of them. it's worth the risk in my opinion.. Edwards has too many drops, and Boldin is a longshot. I'd love to have either Crabtree or Boldin.