SportsWrath

Giants should move up to Rams pick for Crabtree.

Plax 4 Prez

If Calvin Johnson is Tiger Woods, then Michael Crabtree is Vijay Singh. Jerry Rice is, quite obviously, Jack Nicklaus.

Matt Jones would definitely be John Daly.

Andy Reid is Craig Stadler.

Matt Jones= David Duval. Once good, not any more.

Crabtree isn't worth the number of draft picks we'd have to package to move up to get him. It would make more sense to package picks and draft in the second, third and fourth. Hakeem Nicks is the safer first round WR that is within our reach.

With a couple of second and third round picks we could get a solid group of guys in to groom for the offensive line and add some speed to that linebacker core.

Wilkinson, can't stay healthy, DeOssie is just a long snapper, Clark is stopgap that is not getting younger, Pierce just had a horrible season last year. Clock is ticking on Seubert and McKenzie. Only person who can come in without a hiccup is Ruegamer but he's not a starter. Pickup a couple of quick LBs, and our special teams will benefit.

Seriously, we can do more with these draft picks then package them up for just one WR.

Here's an assignment for anyone in favor of dealing up for Michael Crabtree. We'll call this the Reality Test.

Your mission:

Provide one example of a draft day trade where a team situated 25th or lower moved into the top 5. The Giants pick 29th, the Rams pick 2nd ... so I've shifted the goal posts to help you out. One example. Go!

Actually, stop.

On second thought, don't waste your time. I'm sending you on a Fool's Errand: a trade of those parameters has never happened. The proposal for Crabtree might work in an alternate reality, but in our world it's infeasible, unprecedented, and functionally impossible. Sorry.

While we can debate over subjective topics, such as the merits of Calvin Johnson and Michael Crabtree, numbers are inarguable. And in the case of Crabtree 4 Prez, mathematics are the greatest enemy. Refer to the NFL Trade Value Chart, which remains a guiding presence in trade negotiations (although several outsiders have described it as outdated).

The 2nd overall pick is worth 2,600 points. You can add up all the picks the Giants have in the 2009 draft (with the exception of their conditional pick, which is not tradeable), and you'll fall far short of 2,600. It's not your fault -- it's just the rudimentary laws of addition and subtraction. Stated differently, the Giants could offer the Rams their ENTIRE DRAFT (nine picks), and it still would not be enough to obtain the 2nd overall pick.

So what's next? This is where you jabronis (to borrow a term from Messr. Rock) desperately exclaim "Throw in Sinorice Moss! Throw in Kiwanuka! Throw in Bob Papa! Do anything!" And it's at this point where you humuliate yourself with an alarming absence of dignity and a pathetic inability to grasp the big picture. Michael Crabtree might be a great NFL player. But right now, what do we really know about him? He's a decently big black dude, he plays football, and he doesn't look like a bitch. He's a guy in tight pants who only exists on your TV screen, where you sit every week starring intently while eating pretzels and drinking cheap beer. Maybe he ends up a Giant, but it will require an extaordinarily serendipitous twist of fate for that to happen. And if he's nearly as good as you claim -- "Hall of Famer" -- then the chances of him being available to the New York Giants are less than zero.

If you've resigned yourself to tears at the sight of Michael Crabtree donning another team's uniform, as our own Plax 4 Prez has, then you have my condolences. Might I recommend Kleenex Facial Tissue with Lotion? And hey, should the improbable happen and we get Crabtree, you can always turn those sad tissues into happy tissues.

Cry love.

Here's an assignment for anyone in favor of dealing up for Michael Crabtree. We'll call this the Reality Test.

Your mission:

Provide one example of a draft day trade where a team situated 25th or lower moved into the top 5. The Giants pick 29th, the Rams pick 2nd ... so I've shifted the goal posts to help you out. One example. Go!

Actually, stop.

On second thought, don't waste your time. I'm sending you on a Fool's Errand: a trade of those parameters has never happened. The proposal for Crabtree might work in an alternate reality, but in our world it's infeasible, unprecedented, and functionally impossible. Sorry.

While we can debate over subjective topics, such as the merits of Calvin Johnson and Michael Crabtree, numbers are inarguable. And in the case Crabtree 4 Prez, mathematics are the greatest enemy. Refer to the NFL Trade Value Chart, which remains a guiding presence in trade negotiations (although several outsiders have described it as outdated).

The 2nd overall pick is worth 2,600 points. You can add up all the picks the Giants have in the 2009 draft (with the exception of their conditional picks, which is not tradeable), and you'll fall far short of 2,600. It's not your fault -- it's just the rudimentary laws of addition and subtraction. Stated differently, the Giants could offer the Rams their ENTIRE DRAFT (nine picks), and it still would not be enough to obtain the 2nd overall pick.

So what's next? This is where you jabronis (to borrow a term from Messr. Rock) desperately exclaim "Throw in Sinorice Moss! Throw in Kiwanuka! Throw in Bob Papa! Do anything!" And it's at this point where you humuliate yourself with an alarming absence of dignity and a pathetic inability to grasp the big picture. Michael Crabtree might be a great NFL player. But right now, what do we really know about him? He's a decently big black dude, he plays football, and he doesn't look like a bitch. He's a guy in tight pants who only exists on your TV screen, where you sit every week starring intently while eating pretzels and drinking cheap beer. Maybe he ends up a Giant - but it will require an extaordinarily serendipitous twist of fate for that to happen. And if he's nearly as good as you claim -- "Hall of Famer" -- then the chances of him being available to the New York Giants are less than zero.

If you've resigned yourself to tears at the sight of Michael Crabtree donning another team's uniform, as our own Plax 4 Prez has, then you have my condolences. Might I recommend Kleenex Facial Tissue with Lotion? And hey, should the improbable happen and we get Crabtree, you can always turn those sad tissues into happy tissues...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :worshippy:

Your mission:

Actually, stop.

While we can debate over subjective topics, such as the merits of Calvin Johnson and Michael Crabtree, numbers are inarguable. And in the case of Crabtree 4 Prez, mathematics are the greatest enemy. Refer to the NFL Trade Value Chart, which remains a guiding presence in trade negotiations (although several outsiders have described it as outdated).

The 2nd overall pick is worth 2,600 points. You can add up all the picks the Giants have in the 2009 draft (with the exception of their conditional pick, which is not tradeable), and you'll fall far short of 2,600. It's not your fault -- it's just the rudimentary laws of addition and subtraction. Stated differently, the Giants could offer the Rams their ENTIRE DRAFT (nine picks), and it still would not be enough to obtain the 2nd overall pick.

So what's next? This is where you jabronis (to borrow a term from Messr. Rock) desperately exclaim "Throw in Sinorice Moss! Throw in Kiwanuka! Throw in Bob Papa! Do anything!" And it's at this point where you humuliate yourself with an alarming absence of dignity and a pathetic inability to grasp the big picture. Michael Crabtree might be a great NFL player. But right now, what do we really know about him? He's a decently big black dude, he plays football, and he doesn't look like a bitch. He's a guy in tight pants who only exists on your TV screen, where you sit every week starring intently while eating pretzels and drinking cheap beer. Maybe he ends up a Giant, but it will require an extaordinarily serendipitous twist of fate for that to happen. And if he's nearly as good as you claim -- "Hall of Famer" -- then the chances of him being available to the New York Giants are less than zero.

If you've resigned yourself to tears at the sight of Michael Crabtree donning another team's uniform, as our own Plax 4 Prez has, then you have my condolences. Might I recommend Kleenex Facial Tissue with Lotion? And hey, should the improbable happen and we get Crabtree, you can always turn those sad tissues into happy tissues.

Cry love.

If you smell.....what the rock is cookin.

Your mission:

Actually, stop.

Cry love.

So basically, to sum up your point, our 1st plus our 3rd should land Crabtree?

BigBlue.....I like you and I apologize for my outburst last week. But you're still a jabroni,

which loosely translates to "idiot and/or moron."

As for Plax 4 Prez.... Yeah, Crabtree is alot better than Calvin Johnson? Yeah..no he isn't.

And it isn't even close for all the reasons Money said. I don't know how you can come to the conclusion

if the Giants were to draft him, they would be a Superbowl winner. I would rather have Braylon Edwards

or Boldin because at least these guys have a track record to work with. And with the contracts, you'd be paying

Crabtree and Boldin/Edwards the same amount really.

As for the crack of "Go watch Tiger par a hole." I guess you're still pissed off about me becoming Mets mod.

Sorry.

Pdouble...The Rock was the fucking man..no if's ands or buts about it.

Listen, I can give Two shits about being a mod on a message board I'm rarely on. I made that comment because you think you know all.. Calvin is ok. But I've seen what Crabtree can do. It personally offends me that you would bring up something so stupid as being a Mets mod like that offends me. I don't have a personal vendetta against you. I simply said go watch Tiger hit a par, because you like golf, right? And you never have anything positive to say when I make a thread so therefore I said what I said.

If Calvin Johnson is Tiger Woods, then Michael Crabtree is Vijay Singh. Jerry Rice is, quite obviously, Jack Nicklaus.

Matt Jones would definitely be John Daly.

Andy Reid is Craig Stadler.

Wtf, Money? Your my boy. Why don't you see where I'm coming from? Calvin is ok, but I know Michael will be elite. I put my lunch money on it. hahaha

Listen, I can give Two shits about being a mod on a message board I'm rarely on. I made that comment because you think you know all.. Calvin is ok. But I've seen what Crabtree can do. It personally offends me that you would bring up something so stupid as being a Mets mod like that offends me. I don't have a personal vendetta against you. I simply said go watch Tiger hit a par, because you like golf, right? And you never have anything positive to say when I make a thread so therefore I said what I said.

I don't think I know it all. I just know some. Calvin Johnson was the best wide receiver draft prospect

since really...ever. He has the size, speed, talent and guess what...he is producing on a shit team and he hasn't

had a decent quarterback since probably high school.

I've seen what Crabtree can do also, I've also seen what Johnson did and can do...Johnson is better.

I never have anything positive to say because the Giants trading up to the Rams spot without sacrificing

picks this year and next year is simply illogical. Hell, even Money broke it down to you! A rookie will not

help this team.

I don't think I know it all. I just know some. Calvin Johnson was the best wide receiver draft prospect

since really...ever. He has the size, speed, talent and guess what...he is producing on a shit team and he hasn't

had a decent quarterback since probably high school.

I've seen what Crabtree can do also, I've also seen what Johnson did and can do...Johnson is better.

I never have anything positive to say because the Giants trading up to the Rams spot without sacrificing

picks this year and next year is simply illogical. Hell, even Money broke it down to you! A rookie will not

help this team.

Dude, I can careless about what Money said. If you had the oppertunity to get a Jerry Rice and had to sacrifice a couple picks when you had 10 picks, do you not think it's worth it. Which is my bottom line question.

Dude, I can careless about what Money said. If you had the oppertunity to get a Jerry Rice and had to sacrifice a couple picks when you had 10 picks, do you not think it's worth it. Which is my bottom line question.

Your comparing Crabtree to Rice?

Crabtree a rookie in a weak draft class to the best WR to play the game?

Umm....ok.

Of course you don't care what Money said, because it's 100 percent true that a trade up to the 2nd

slot in the draft is nearly impossible. The Giants have 10 picks yes, but only 8 can be traded because the

2 compensation picks cannot be traded. And as Money has said, it does not add up.

Only in the rare cases (Mike Ditka I'm looking at YOU) will trade all of their draft picks for ONE player.

You do realize how asinine hat sounds, correct? Why potentially help another team like that?

The money issue. I'm sure Money can verify this, but I'm sure the money would pretty much cancel

each other out with Edwards and Crabtree. Edwards is sure thing, Crabtree is not...no matter how much you

disagree, the guy hasn't played a down in NFL and we don't have any idea how well he can play in the NFL.

Don't even try and say Crabtree is the next Jerry Rice, that's just stupid.

Wtf, Money? Your my boy. Why don't you see where I'm coming from? Calvin is ok, but I know Michael will be elite. I put my lunch money on it. hahaha

Quite honestly, you can poll a random collection of paid professional NFL scouts, and 100% of them will say Calvin Johnson was a substantially better prospect than Michael Crabtree. There is no comparison, especially since the latter has been unable to verify his production through workouts.

And again, we don't have the ammunition to trade into the top-5. You might as well start a thread suggesting that the Giants trade for Raymond Berry, because it's just as likely to happen.

But I like how a guy who played on an 0-16 with Dan Orlovsky and Daunte Culpepper as his QBs can put up 78/1330/12 and be described as merely "ok."

Of course you don't care what Money said, because it's 100 percent true that a trade up to the 2nd

slot in the draft is nearly impossible. The Giants have 10 picks yes, but only 8 can be traded because the

2 compensation picks cannot be traded. And as Money has said, it does not add up.

Only in the rare cases (Mike Ditka I'm looking at YOU) will trade all of their draft picks for ONE player.

You do realize how asinine hat sounds, correct? Why potentially help another team like that?

The money issue. I'm sure Money can verify this, but I'm sure the money would pretty much cancel

each other out with Edwards and Crabtree. Edwards is sure thing, Crabtree is not...no matter how much you

disagree, the guy hasn't played a down in NFL and we don't have any idea how well he can play in the NFL.

Don't even try and say Crabtree is the next Jerry Rice, that's just stupid.

This.

Even if the Giants wanted Crabtree unless he drops to the late teens we cant afford to get him.

Quite honestly, you can poll a random collection of paid professional NFL scouts, and 100% of them will say Calvin Johnson was a substantially better prospect than Michael Crabtree. There is no comparison, especially since the latter has been unable to verify his production through workouts.

And again, we don't have the ammunition to trade into the top-5. You might as well start a thread suggesting that the Giants trade for Raymond Berry, because it's just as likely to happen.

But I like how a guy who played on an 0-16 with Dan Orlovsky and Daunte Culpepper as his QBs can put up 78/1330/12 and be described as merely "ok."

You forgot your college nemesis Drew Stanton and boy...Drew Henson.

This.

Even if the Giants wanted Crabtree unless he drops to the late teens we cant afford to get him.

Exactly. And I am sure his cocksucker agent will stage a lengthy hold out because "Crabtree was

a top 5 pick BEFORE the injury/fall off the boards."

That opportunity doesn't exist. It doesn't. Repeat after me: "The Giants don't have the resources to trade into the top 5. Math is my friend and enemy. I know how to add and subtract, I promise."

This idea that the Giants could trade a "couple picks" to get Michael Crabtree is entirely fictional. Fictional. FICTIONAL - like dragons, acrobats, and the female orgasm.

Crabtree would realistically have to slide outside the top-10 for us to have any shot at him. And if he's the next Jerry Rice, that ain't happening...

You forgot your college nemesis Drew Stanton and boy...Drew Henson.

Henson's decision to forego his senior year and play for the Yankees very much makes him a nemesis. He cost us a great shot at the national title, and sentenced us to four full years of John Navarre. But he deserves credit for failing spectacularly in two pro sports...

That opportunity doesn't exist. It doesn't. Repeat after me: "The Giants don't have the resources to trade into the top 5. Math is my friend and enemy. I know how to add and subtract, I promise."

This idea that the Giants could trade a "couple picks" to get Michael Crabtree is entirely fictional. Fictional. FICTIONAL - like dragons, acrobats, and the female orgasm.

Crabtree would realistically have to slide outside the top-10 for us to have any shot at him. And if he's the next Jerry Rice, that ain't happening...

No its real. My lady told me she had one last night and I believed her.

That was right before she offerd me some ocean front property in AZ.

Money, are you telling me it's inconceivable that the Giants would give picks up for a #1 reciever? Come on man. That's all we need to be an elite team. Seriously man, we have the ammo to get him. I like him better then Calvin. You will see. He is a day 1 starter that will wreck this league. Quote me on this