SportsWrath

Darrius Heyward-Bey

NeMesiS

So basically thats an open invitation to any troll?

Time to start spreading this website around some no so respectable sites.

No, not really. He hasn't done anything to suggest he is nothing more than a non-Giants fan. I was suggesting that a new member, and a fan of a different team at that, might add a jolt to the forum, particularly during the *yawn* off-season.

So basically thats an open invitation to any troll?

Time to start spreading this website around some no so respectable sites.

As long as they are insightful, intelligent, not repetitive and have a fucking clue what they are talking about, I welcome anyone, no matter the affiliation.

Two players I submit to you... Anquan Boldin and Randy Moss. Please review their rookie seasons.

We don't expect any ONE player to "fix the Giants problems", as you put it... we have brought in numerous players to fill holes, and collectively, with Osi coming back, you will see that the Giants problems are miniscule in comparison to the other teams in the NFL.

But since you are an expert, please list the Giants problems as you see them.

I agree the giants don't have any glaring problems.

But how did Anquan Boldin fix his teams problems? They went 5-11 the year b4 and 4-12 his rookie year. Mediocrity every year after that.

The truth is, his team barely got into the playoffs the first time because of improvements on defense and the running game, and we're talking 5 years after he was drafted (along with Fitz).

Moss is a decent example, but that's Randy Moss. There's not a Randy Moss in every draft. There's not a Randy Moss in every other draft.

But how did Anquan Boldin fix his teams problems? They went 5-11 the year b4 and 4-12 his rookie year. Mediocrity every year after that.

The truth is, his team barely got into the playoffs the first time because of improvements on defense and the running game, and we're talking 5 years after he was drafted (along with Fitz).

Moss is a decent example, but that's Randy Moss. There's not a Randy Moss in every draft. There's not a Randy Moss in every other draft.

He said that a rookie WR will not fix the Giants problems. I merely noted two WR's who made huge impacts in their rookie years. I have named more in a previous thread discussing rookie WR's. If we had the team that Boldin had when he came in, I would expect us to suck as well. But there's no denying he was a potent weapon year one in the NFL, and that is one of the only things we need on this team when evaluating the roster where you can say something is missing... Even the SAM we have a veteran there who has been starting in Danny Clark, who is capable if not outstanding. Yes we will address the SAM in the draft, probably get another LB for the middle to be Pierce's heir apparent, but to flippantly say that a rookie WR will not fix the Giants problems sounds like we have a lot of holes to fill, which we don't. So getting a rookie WR just MIGHT take us to the next level... if we pick the right one!

So Nem, would you be disappointed if we took Britt or Nicks and DHB was available where we pick (I'm expecting a trade up)? I know I won't be disappointed unless they don't go WR at all in the first round... but will still be ok if we get a good one in the second.

Absolutely not... I like alot of the WR in the draft. Especially, Britt, Nicks, Robiskie, Bey and Murphy. I think Nicks, Robiskie and Britt can contribute right away. Do I think they will make us SB contenders? No, of course not. But they will help us in the near future.

Absolutely not... I like alot of the WR in the draft. Especially, Britt, Nicks, Robiskie, Bey and Murphy. I think Nicks, Robiskie and Britt can contribute right away. Do I think they will make us SB contenders? No, of course not. But they will help us in the near future.

Right on, Nem... except I think we already ARE SuperBowl contenders out of the NFC! :flex::punk:

He said that a rookie WR will not fix the Giants problems. I merely noted two WR's who made huge impacts in their rookie years. I have named more in a previous thread discussing rookie WR's. If we had the team that Boldin had when he came in, I would expect us to suck as well. But there's no denying he was a potent weapon year one in the NFL, and that is one of the only things we need on this team when evaluating the roster where you can say something is missing... Even the SAM we have a veteran there who has been starting in Danny Clark, who is capable if not outstanding. Yes we will address the SAM in the draft, probably get another LB for the middle to be Pierce's heir apparent, but to flippantly say that a rookie WR will not fix the Giants problems sounds like we have a lot of holes to fill, which we don't. So getting a rookie WR just MIGHT take us to the next level... if we pick the right one!

True. We're much better than they were.

You forgot to mention that everyone in that division sucked and were easy wins. :blush:

Mentioning Heyward-Bey in the same breath as Gholston is enough to worry me. We need football players who catch and can play 16 games. I like the size of Kenny Britt and the big play ability of Hakeem Nicks.

Nicks would be my choice if he fell to us in the first round and I would take Britt with our early second round pick but not with first round.

If you thought Ike Hilliard was a bust, you'd love Heyward-Bey then.

I didn't think Ike was a bust. I know he was a bust. And Heyward-Bey hasn't step one foot on to the field, how do you know he's going to be a bust.

Ike Hilliard is not a bust, far from it. Say it would have been better had the Giants drafted Toomer in the first and Hilliard in the second. Ike Hilliard didn't have the picture perfect NFL career with pro bowls and healthy seasons but he made plays, moved the chains and was one of the brighter spots on a roster that actually had busts.

I didn't think Ike was a bust. I know he was a bust. And Heyward-Bey hasn't step one foot on to the field, how do you know he's going to be a bust.

Ike Hilliard is not a bust, far from it. Say it would have been better had the Giants drafted Toomer in the first and Hilliard in the second. Ike Hilliard didn't have the picture perfect NFL career with pro bowls and healthy seasons but he made plays, moved the chains and was one of the brighter spots on a roster that actually had busts.

Agreed. A bust is someone like Ryan Leaf, Ki Jana Carter, etc. Ike was far from that.

Well, that should tell you how bad the Giants were back then if Ike was a 'bright spot'. Why do people always say Ike 'moved the chains' or was a '3rd down machine'? The Giants at that time was one of the worse teams in 3rd down conversion, if not the worse. Ike had horrible, horrible hands. In one of his IR injuries years (I can't remember which one because he had so many) he lead the league in drop balls.

Saying it would have been better if the Giants drafted Ike in second is admitting Ike was a bust. Let me ask you a question... If you had to it all over again, would you have drafted hilliard 7th overall? If your anwser is no, then he's a bust. If your answer is yes. Then you need glasses. ;)

Dude..don't even start with him.....it's not worth it.