SportsWrath

I predict Giants get Crabtree

JMFP

Yeah, I know, sounds impossible.

But consider this: Crabtree has a stress fracture in his foot. This is going to hurt his stock. This kid is not going to be covered by stiffs anymore....it's going to be a lot of bump and run stuff. Teams are going to be thinking about that when it comes time to draft him. If you are a crappy team, do you hang your hopes on a rookie WR that is one plant away from a season-shortening injury, or do you go with a QB, or a blue-chip offensive/defensive lineman?

Also, I'm anticipating that Detroit-phobia takes hold of some of these teams. Call it Calvin Johnson-itis. Not to knock Calvin Johnson, but if your team doesn't have a guy that can deliver a ball, the best WR skills in the world don't count for much.

So, I'm predicting that Crabtree becomes the 2009 version of Brady Quinn. I'm guessing he drops down into the middle of the draft, and the Giants, will use their number 2 (plus maybe some more ammo) to jump up and snag him.

(If not, Kenny Britt from Rutgers will be their next choice at WR....not sure if he'll be around, since if they can't get Crabtree I wouldn't be surprised to see them get another LB, despite landing Boley).

All reports still say Seattle is still shit crazy for the kid and the teams trainers have been visiting with him non-stop to see how the foot is going.

Unless the guy looses his foot due to a botched surgery look for the 'Hawks to be taken him regardless.

Yeah, I know, sounds impossible.

But consider this: Crabtree has a stress fracture in his foot. This is going to hurt his stock. This kid is not going to be covered by stiffs anymore....it's going to be a lot of bump and run stuff. Teams are going to be thinking about that when it comes time to draft him. If you are a crappy team, do you hang your hopes on a rookie WR that is one plant away from a season-shortening injury, or do you go with a QB, or a blue-chip offensive/defensive lineman?

Also, I'm anticipating that Detroit-phobia takes hold of some of these teams. Call it Calvin Johnson-itis. Not to knock Calvin Johnson, but if your team doesn't have a guy that can deliver a ball, the best WR skills in the world don't count for much.

So, I'm predicting that Crabtree becomes the 2009 version of Brady Quinn. I'm guessing he drops down into the middle of the draft, and the Giants, will use their number 2 (plus maybe some more ammo) to jump up and snag him.

(If not, Kenny Britt from Rutgers will be their next choice at WR....not sure if he'll be around, since if they can't get Crabtree I wouldn't be surprised to see them get another LB, despite landing Boley).

Don't forget Nicks. Some say he's better then Crabtree

There is nothing wrong with going after a WR in the first round if that player is the best on your board. Going for Crabtree though...I dunno about that one. Yeah he could drop but he's going to have to sink like a stone and there are plenty of other teams well ahead of the Giants that need a receiver of his potential.

you dont win championships with WR, look at the Patriots of two seasons ago...clearly had the best WRs in the league and the best QB and it did them no good with no time to set up their passing plays....you win with a tough defense, and a solid ground game, mixed in with a good passing game...if Manning could throw the ball accurately or at least better in the wind and Gilbride didnt lose his mind, the Giants would have beat Philly....a WR would not have made a squat of a difference in that game. Giants defense ranked 21st in the NFL on 3rd downs and that lead to why they lost....by the 4th quarter they were exhausted.

There is nothing wrong with going after a WR in the first round if that player is the best on your board. Going for Crabtree though...I dunno about that one. Yeah he could drop but he's going to have to sink like a stone and there are plenty of other teams well ahead of the Giants that need a receiver of his potential.

Giants have had very little success drafting a WR in the 1st round. To take it further, Giants have had very little success drafting offensive skill players in the first round. I say Boldin would be the best use of our 1st round pick.

It was not a linebacker who scored the go ahead touchdown for the Steelers. It was that WR they drafted in the first round and that was a year that every other team in the NFL stayed away from the position in the first round. The Giants have strengthened their defense in free agency this season giving them the opportunity to strengthen the offense in the draft.

Last year was the first time in a very long time that the Giants drafted a player that nearly everyone predicted they would in the first round. How can you say a WR wouldn't have made a difference in the Philly game when they clearly had no respect for the WR's we could put on the field. They stacked the box and we couldn't get the short yardage plays we did during our super bowl run.

you dont win championships with WR, look at the Patriots of two seasons ago...clearly had the best WRs in the league and the best QB and it did them no good with no time to set up their passing plays....you win with a tough defense, and a solid ground game, mixed in with a good passing game...if Manning could throw the ball accurately or at least better in the wind and Gilbride didnt lose his mind, the Giants would have beat Philly....a WR would not have made a squat of a difference in that game. Giants defense ranked 21st in the NFL on 3rd downs and that lead to why they lost....by the 4th quarter they were exhausted.

All reports still say Seattle is still shit crazy for the kid and the teams trainers have been visiting with him non-stop to see how the foot is going.

Unless the guy looses his foot due to a botched surgery look for the 'Hawks to be taken him regardless.

What if Seattle signs housh, who they are supposedly front runners for?

It was not a linebacker who scored the go ahead touchdown for the Steelers. It was that WR they drafted in the first round and that was a year that every other team in the NFL stayed away from the position in the first round. The Giants have strengthened their defense in free agency this season giving them the opportunity to strengthen the offense in the draft.

Last year was the first time in a very long time that the Giants drafted a player that nearly everyone predicted they would in the first round. How can you say a WR wouldn't have made a difference in the Philly game when they clearly had no respect for the WR's we could put on the field. They stacked the box and we couldn't get the short yardage plays we did during our super bowl run.

and it was Arizona's bad defense that let the Steelers come all the way down the field in 40 seconds to win the game...who caught the game winning TD is irrelavant...if Arizona's defense was a tad bit better the cardinals would have won the Superbowl...Fitzgerald caught two TDs, how excited do you think he'll be when they Aren't fitting him for his ring.

What if Seattle signs housh, who they are supposedly front runners for?

Signing TJ wouldnt make much of a difference in my opinion. They already have a roster packed with #2 and #3 WRs who are injured more then they play, TJ would just be insurance. They need a #1 who can be a game changer for them and their still ga ga over Crabtree.

You know most teams in the NFL are playing that retarded prevent defense to keep from giving up the big play in the last minutes of the game. That defense was good enough to get them to super bowl and it was the fact that they just couldn't get to Roethlisberger consistently and him making amazing throws downfield to move the chains at the end that sealed the deal.

and it was Arizona's bad defense that let the Steelers come all the way down the field in 40 seconds to win the game...who caught the game winning TD is irrelavant...if Arizona's defense was a tad bit better the cardinals would have won the Superbowl...Fitzgerald caught two TDs, how excited do you think he'll be when they Aren't fitting him for his ring.

He can also be a clone of Tim Carter. Remember how we all liked that error.

Imagine if Carter could of actually caught a football? He would still be with us. I dont know how many times he was behind the D by a good 15 yards just to have it fall out of his hands or bounce off his shoulder pad.

Thank you Mr Obvious :P

Ppod, using your logic, since we already have a good defense, a good QB, and a good running game, why not get a WR in the first round, especially if they think that they can get a good value LB in the second, which they probably will be able to do? I think the Giants agree with you and that's why they went out and addressed the defense with Boley, Bernard, and Canty. There isn't much LEFT to do but to get a dangerous WR to round this team out!

You will not have much success on the ground without a deep threat.

WR in round one, cause you need points to win.

Well, ya don't win championships without them either. Look at the '08 Giants. <_<