SportsWrath

2009 Giants Starting WR

Nas

Plax, Boldin, Smith

I love Toomer and he's still good for some clutch catches but he doesn't scare anyone.. anymore at least. He's lost more than just a step. And having him there on the team as a veteran back up would be great.

Plax, Boldin, Smith

I love Toomer and he's still good for some clutch catches but he doesn't scare anyone.. anymore at least. He's lost more than just a step. And having him there on the team as a veteran back up would be great.

PRAYING?????? DAMN SKIPPY YOU SMOKING........................SOMETHING

PRAYING?????? DAMN SKIPPY YOU SMOKING........................SOMETHING

2 of the 3 are already in place.. so the "praying" part is for Boldin only.. and given that I'm not really religious, it's not such a bad thing :P

NOPE but Plax and a 4th or 5th for Boldin would probably work. No way you would give up Plax and a first or second - thats crazy.

:LMAO:

More like our next 4 or 5 first round picks.

Face it anything less then a 1st, 2nd and a late round pick wont land Boldin. The Cards would be looking to trade up to the top 15 with Boldin...not 2 spots.

I wouldn't be so sure. TO was only worth a 2nd round pick.

Yeah but San Fran knew TO was nothing more then a cancer to any team he would be on, so they wanted to ship him out as fast as possible. Same situation with Moss and the Patriots, Oakland though he was washed up/locker room problem then it backfired.

The Cards dont want to loose Boldin and it will be the same situation with Chad Johnson in Cinci. Boldin will wine and bitch in the offseaon about not being traded and "swear" he will sit out, but come pre-season when he realizes he isnt bigger then the franchise he will be back on the field for the Cards.

Not to mention IF the Card we're willing to trade him, why would they take our picks? There will be other teams out there with higher picks then ours in the first and second offering them for Boldin. The Cards have the 31th pick in the draft we have the 29th, why would they trade away one of their best players to only move up two spots? Some team picking in the top 15-18 will be dangling their first and a later round pick which will probably tempt Arizona, but they want Boldin to stay and I just dont see him sitting out a year like so many other WRs have claimed they would.

If Plax doesn't do jail time - you would be crazy to think we would have to give up for more Plax and at most a third for Boldin. The Plax-Boldin deal is basically a wash (and they would be getting rid of a very disgruntled player for one on an even playing field) plus a first day pick. I doubt they would turn that down.

If Plax doesn't do jail time - you would be crazy to think we would have to give up for more Plax and at most a third for Boldin. The Plax-Boldin deal is basically a wash (and they would be getting rid of a very disgruntled player for one on an even playing field) plus a first day pick. I doubt they would turn that down.

You'd be wrong.

Plax and a third.

1st and a 2nd.

I wonder which one they would pick......

Plus why would they be looking for another WR? They have Fitzy and Breaston(sp) plus with the extra picks they could land for Boldin they could draft some decent WR. Plus the Cardinals still havent stated they wanted to get rid of Boldin, he's just being a bitch.

Plax, Boldin, Smith

Antonio Bryant, Kenny Britt, Smith... hey, it's way more likely than Plax, Boldin, and Smith, and I would actually prefer my three guys.

You that sure Plax is coming back, huh?

Yes. I think the Giants are better with him on the team. I don't think Plax is from the same mold as T.O. Plax can come back a better player and a better person. Because I like to believe Reese and myself think alike, I think Plax will remain a Giant. I'm rooting for him.

NOPE but Plax and a 4th or 5th for Boldin would probably work. No way you would give up Plax and a first or second - thats crazy.

Dude, I wouldn't give up Plax one for one with Boldin... sorry I'm for strengthening our WR crop by having Plax and Boldin being 1 & 2.

:LMAO:

More like our next 4 or 5 first round picks.

Face it anything less then a 1st, 2nd and a late round pick wont land Boldin. The Cards would be looking to trade up to the top 15 with Boldin...not 2 spots.

I can see us giving up a couple of high draft picks for Boldin but not packaged with Plax. I'm adamant about Plax being untouchable.

Antonio Bryant, Kenny Britt, Smith... hey, it's way more likely than Plax, Boldin, and Smith, and I would actually prefer my three guys.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt because I know didly squat about college players. So if the Giants decide to bolster their WR via free agency in a we're-built-to-win-now mentality, then they will go my way otherwise, via the draft it is... and Plax should be in Blue for years to come.

Dude, I wouldn't give up Plax one for one with Boldin... sorry I'm for strengthening our WR crop by having Plax and Boldin being 1 & 2.

I wouldn't like trading Plax for Boldin either but if the Giants are set on parting ways with Burress, we better get something big for him in a trade and not just release him.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt because I know didly squat about college players. So if the Giants decide to bolster their WR via free agency in a we're-built-to-win-now mentality, then they will go my way otherwise, via the draft it is... and Plax should be in Blue for years to come.

Here's the problem... Plax has been a big problem even before this mess. I don't want to just label him a head case, but essentially that is what he is. He has difficulty in taking care of his responsibilities. He makes bad decisions in his personal life that affects the team. Not only that, but he has demonstrated he cannot make the choice to be to practices and team meetings on time and sometimes not at all.

That was before. Now he is facing 3 and half YEARS in prison. Even if his trial is a short one, we cannot move on to 2009 trusting that Plax will be on the roster. You have to move forward as if he will be unavailable.

Now, say a miracle happens, and we have formed the roster on the basis he will not be on the team. Perhaps the team welcomes him back. But there's a problem, because the organization has gone after his money so voraciously, and has said he is in breach of contract. Do you think that Plax is going to forgive and forget? If he was a problem before, I think the potential is very good that he will be even worse for the team because of all the fallout from this fiasco.

He may show up to meetings, but there will be bitter resentment, and there may be "dogging it" on the field, and there will be conficts with coaches and management. This is an ugly divorce that we are witnessing. I don't think this relationship with player and team can be repaired to the point where it will be advantageous to keep him any longer, or at least I don't think we can take that risk.

I'll also take a corps of Houshmanzadeh, Britt, and Smith.

If (Big IF) Plax is in Jail then the money that would've went to him would cover Boldin. Stop being so pessimistic.

The "Big IF" is if Plax doesn't go to jail. With all the known facts of the case, it will be David Copperfield-like if his lawyers keep him from doing time.

Giants and Eagles in race for the Boldin Cup.

ROTOWORLD

Cards Maybe looking for a 1st and a 3rd

I believe the Giants will do something

1: Toomer is done.

2: Plax is very questionable

that leaves us with Hixon,Smith,Moss,Manningham and Tyree...oh and Hagan

Hardly a threat to any secondary. Although Smith has turned into quite a good Toomer the 2nd by the way what Dwayne Jarret up to these day's????

Here's the problem... Plax has been a big problem even before this mess. I don't want to just label him a head case, but essentially that is what he is. He has difficulty in taking care of his responsibilities. He makes bad decisions in his personal life that affects the team. Not only that, but he has demonstrated he cannot make the choice to be to practices and team meetings on time and sometimes not at all.

That was before. Now he is facing 3 and half YEARS in prison. Even if his trial is a short one, we cannot move on to 2009 trusting that Plax will be on the roster. You have to move forward as if he will be unavailable.

Now, say a miracle happens, and we have formed the roster on the basis he will not be on the team. Perhaps the team welcomes him back. But there's a problem, because the organization has gone after his money so voraciously, and has said he is in breach of contract. Do you think that Plax is going to forgive and forget? If he was a problem before, I think the potential is very good that he will be even worse for the team because of all the fallout from this fiasco.

He may show up to meetings, but there will be bitter resentment, and there may be "dogging it" on the field, and there will be conficts with coaches and management. This is an ugly divorce that we are witnessing. I don't think this relationship with player and team can be repaired to the point where it will be advantageous to keep him any longer, or at least I don't think we can take that risk.

I'll also take a corps of Houshmanzadeh, Britt, and Smith.

I thought the Giants FO acted irresponsibly by going after the money.. just timing wise. I mean the guy has enough on his plate and the Giants should've acted with some restraint.. and maybe that will help change Plax's attitude for the better.