SportsWrath

This one is the worst

xxi-xxv

I remember 1989, being there and Flipper Anderson caught the ball right in my end zone, watching our chances of beating the Niners get taken away, but knowing the 89 Niners were on a mission.....

I remember 1997 watching the Giants unravel against Minny yet knowing that this team was not ready for the bigtime just yet.....

I remember 2002 blowing that lead to San Fran, but also knowing that that defense was not going to be able to win in the playoffs or that special teams hold its own....

But this one..... It is STILL bothering me 5 days later. This was all there for the taking. Homefield, Zona coming to arctic NY, nothing but teams left that the Giants beat, 3 of them at their places. It was all there for the taking.

Last years SB run I guess eases the pain some, but 5 days later it bothers me as much or more as I feel the Giants were still the most physically capable team in the NFL. <_<

I remember 1989, being there and Flipper Anderson caught the ball right in my end zone, watching our chances of beating the Niners get taken away, but knowing the 89 Niners were on a mission.....

I remember 1997 watching the Giants unravel against Minny yet knowing that this team was not ready for the bigtime just yet.....

I remember 2002 blowing that lead to San Fran, but also knowing that that defense was not going to be able to win in the playoffs or that special teams hold its own....

But this one..... It is STILL bothering me 5 days later. This was all there for the taking. Homefield, Zona coming to arctic NY, nothing but teams left that the Giants beat, 3 of them at their places. It was all there for the taking.

Last years SB run I guess eases the pain some, but 5 days later it bothers me as much or more as I feel the Giants were still the most physically capable team in the NFL. <_<

Agree with most of that. I feel like we are a better team than the remaining 4. We had a repeat there for the taking. We really let one go by. We couldn't have played a worse game against the eagles and it was still 11-10 in the 3rd quarter. We should have won that game by 20.

I disagree with the 2002 season not being disappointing. That team caught fire at the end of that season. Our offense was unstopable during that stretch of the last 5 or 6 games. Kerry Collins was actually making Ron Dixon look like a pro bowler for about 3 or 4 games there at the end. I thought we had a very good shot at making the superbowl that year.

Agree with most of that. I feel like we are a better team than the remaining 4. We had a repeat there for the taking. We really let one go by. We couldn't have played a worse game against the eagles and it was still 11-10 in the 3rd quarter. We should have won that game by 20.

I disagree with the 2002 season not being disappointing. That team caught fire at the end of that season. Our offense was unstopable during that stretch of the last 5 or 6 games. Kerry Collins was actually making Ron Dixon look like a pro bowler for about 3 or 4 games there at the end. I thought we had a very good shot at making the superbowl that year.

And that is why Arizona is going to beat Philly. Everybody wants to give Philly credit for beating the Giants. Philly did not "beat" the Giants, the Giants "beat" themselves.

It seems like, in my lifetime as a Giant fan anyway, that there are more disappointments than anything else, and by that I mean heartbreaking losses when they SHOULD have one.

You see, I told you the 2000 Giants were better. At least they made the superbowl......HA HA. :P

Once Philly got in I had serious doubts... to get all those breaks then destroy Dallas the way they did it was almost like the writing was on the wall. We played like crap the last month too and that Carolina win looks a lot less impressive considering they nearly blew it against New Orleans and played like shit against a team that couldn't win on the east coast this year.

I'm still ticked off. I don't mind our team losing.. but I mind them giving the game away. The eagles had no business staying in the game.. let alone winning it. Oh well.. I'm too drained to elaborate further... just fire Gilbride please.

I'd feel bad, but I almost saw this coming. That team (Eagles) has fucked the Giant's shit up so many times over the decades it isn't funny.

Me and gut go back to the "The Fumble Era"....the curse of the lesser talented Eagles. But the good thing about the curse is that those losers never come out of it with a ring. But without Herman Edwards there are I believe no 4 Super Bowl appearances and 3 Super Bowls.

im glad i only got to watch the first qrt. the niners game was the worst for me. i literally cried probly because i was only 12-13 at the time. but i felt like i could do a better job then o-stout covering t.o

Imagine going through it twice, then. Six months ago, my baseball team was also on the verge of another title. And just like with the Gmen, one selfish player screwed it all up.

right on, there was something inevitable about it for me and I was able to get over it quickly with the help of 2 bloody marys.

Imagine going through it twice, then. Six months ago, my baseball team was also on the verge of another title. And just like with the Gmen, one selfish player screwed it all up.

try being a yank fan after game 7 of the 06 series.

xxi, Flipper Anderson was always a Ram, then the L.A. Rams. I know you know this, though! Did you just mean that the Flipper TD cost us a chance to PLAY the 49ers in the Conference Championship Game?

But yes, I agree, this one still hurts. It just hurts more because as you put it, we had the perfect opportunity this year. If not for some of the worst coaching and game planning I have ever seen, I think we would be gearing up to play the Cardinals right now. Who would have guessed Arizona would be playing a home game in the NFCCG before the playoffs? I don't even think Arizona fans would've predicted this.

Still, 2002 49ers game and the 2000 SuperBowl are worse than this loss, only because we just won one and we are getting Osi back next year, with Phillips developing nicely and some extra draft picks, I think this team is set up for greatness for awhile now.

xxi, Flipper Anderson was always a Ram, then the L.A. Rams. I know you know this, though! Did you just mean that the Flipper TD cost us a chance to PLAY the 49ers in the Conference Championship Game?

But yes, I agree, this one still hurts. It just hurts more because as you put it, we had the perfect opportunity this year. If not for some of the worst coaching and game planning I have ever seen, I think we would be gearing up to play the Cardinals right now. Who would have guessed Arizona would be playing a home game in the NFCCG before the playoffs? I don't even think Arizona fans would've predicted this.

Still, 2002 49ers game and the 2000 SuperBowl are worse than this loss, only because we just won one and we are getting Osi back next year, with Phillips developing nicely and some extra draft picks, I think this team is set up for greatness for awhile now.

Agreed... but we need to add strength to our high school caliber wr group... Moss is a bust, Tyree barely plays wr to begin with and missed the entire season, Manningham saw hardly any time (a little shocking), Toomer is on the heavy decline, and we are left with only 2 good wr's. Smith is a good slot receiver, but that role is reserved for nothing more than a few grabs a game on third downs for the most part. Hixon can potentially be a solid number 2 - But he is by no means a threat yet and his small stature and already obvious tendency to get nicked up easily doesn't help us. We need atleast 1 good wr thats not currently on this team now (or Plax pending a miracle) to go deep next year.

Dear Lord Jim, I know he is a fucking RAM, I was at the game they lost 19-13 MY FUCKING POINT WAS THAT WE WERE PROBABLY NOT GONNA BEAT THE NINERS THE NEXT WEEK ANYWAY!

So yes that what my point, it cost us a chance to go to San fran, but it did not bother me like this because in reality the 89 Niners were on a mission, see 55-10 vs the Broncos in the SB.

Honestly, and I hate reverting back to this team because x has no regards for them (:P ), but I was more disappointed in the way we lost that 2000 Superbowl then this year, and the Flipper Anderson touchdown was a killer also. The Jets beating us on a last minute touchdown to Al Toon also bothered me more, because it knocked us out of the playoffs, it was the Jets and because it was Al Toon, who was a Jet I had a lot of time for.

Me and gut go back to the "The Fumble Era"....the curse of the lesser talented Eagles. But the good thing about the curse is that those losers never come out of it with a ring. But without Herman Edwards there are I believe no 4 Super Bowl appearances and 3 Super Bowls.

1988--We lose to the Jets. Guess who gets into the playoffs instead of us?

1990--We are on a 10-game win streak. Guess who breaks it.

This year--We're on the verge of setting an NFL record for longest winning streak against teams with winning records. Nope.

So why should I be surprised that with us potentially getting back to back SB wins, that fucking team gets to the playoffs and ruins that as well? :furious:

Honestly, and I hate reverting back to this team because x has no regards for them (:P ), but I was more disappointed in the way we lost that 2000 Superbowl then this year, and the Flipper Anderson touchdown was a killer also. The Jets beating us on a last minute touchdown to Al Toon also bothered me more, because it knocked us out of the playoffs, it was the Jets and because it was Al Toon, who was a Jet I had a lot of time for.

Its not that I do not care about the 2000 team, but honestly were they as good as the 89 team? This years team? Even the 88 team may have been better. It all broke right for them.

2000 bothered me, but as I look at it in reality 8 years later, we were not the better team, but any stretch. I cannot say that this year.