SportsWrath

Phillip Rivers

BronxRik

Is this a cocky little fucker or what? Something about him, just looking at him, makes me want to knee cap him. Anyone else?

If I were a Charger fan I would love the guy because he shows a compassion for winning.

Not being a Charger fan I think he is a douche who...well knee capping sounds about right.

I agree something about him ain't right.

If I were a Charger fan I would love the guy because he shows a compassion for winning.

Not being a Charger fan I think he is a douche who...well knee capping sounds about right.

I agree something about him ain't right.

He wanted to come to NY but we traded him away :bye:

Poor widdle guy could have a Superbowl ring by now.

He wanted to come to NY but we traded him away :bye:

Poor widdle guy could have a Superbowl ring by now.

I don't think we have that ring with him as QB. I do not see him orchestrating the numerous drives that led to the SB win.

But that is probably just the Eli homer talking.

I want him to lose so bad, it's not funny.

I was rooting for a Manning/Manning SB just for the novelty, but it doesn't matter who they are playing I want SD to lose.

And it isn't even what most people would think, it isn't the Phillips/Manning trade issue. I am offended that Tomlison has taken over the LT label. Taylor isn't just a Hall of Famer, he is a player who changed the game. The fact that the league allowed his hallmark initials to be taken over...that is what pisses me off.

I was rooting for a Manning/Manning SB just for the novelty, but it doesn't matter who they are playing I want SD to lose.

And it isn't even what most people would think, it isn't the Phillips/Manning trade issue. I am offended that Tomlison has taken over the LT label. Taylor isn't just a Hall of Famer, he is a player who changed the game. The fact that the league allowed his hallmark initials to be taken over...that is what pisses me off.

It was the media that took it over, league cant so much against the media.

:cwy:

That brought a tear to my eye. I thought I was the only one who seriously felt this way. Its complete crap/Theres only ONE LT. And LaDanian is real good, but not anywhere the legend that is LT....LAWRENCE TAYLOR.

That brought a tear to my eye. I thought I was the only one who seriously felt this way. Its complete crap/Theres only ONE LT. And LaDanian is real good, but not anywhere the legend that is LT....LAWRENCE TAYLOR.

Lawrence Taylor said he's earned the initials "L.T." and proceeded to say:

"That L.T. died a long time ago, I go by Lawrence now....but that L.T. could play

some football now currently."

i like the kid- he's a warrior and he's very smart with the football.

I'll give you that....on the field. When he gets to the sideline and (insert NFL percieved hottie here) interviews him, he is very unappealing, even to a homo like me.

Yeah ....running backs are a dime a dozen. LT is the greatest player ever. Without him you would still be seeing two back sets; LB's being blocked by RB's or at most a TE; very little two TE formations (used to combat the outside rush). He is the man. No comparison.

Yeah ....running backs are a dime a dozen. LT is the greatest player ever. Without him you would still be seeing two back sets; LB's being blocked by RB's or at most a TE; very little two TE formations (used to combat the outside rush). He is the man. No comparison.

running backs are a dime a dozen, but great ones like tomlinson are not...just like linebackers are a dime a dozen, but great ones like taylor are not...as for being the greatest player ever, this is a tired debate, but the dig thinks that is impossible to determine, and the changes you speak of would have evolved in the game regardless...

I don't like the guy either. I heard on the radio though, that his public image is completely different than how he is in reality. Supposedly, he has been with the same girl since 8th grade, doesn't cuss, drives his wife's minivan to practice everyday, etc... I don't care. I guess it's the image of him jawing it up with Cutler or fans that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I just don't like him.

running backs are a dime a dozen, but great ones like tomlinson are not...just like linebackers are a dime a dozen, but great ones like taylor are not...as for being the greatest player ever, this is a tired debate, but the dig thinks that is impossible to determine, and the changes you speak of would have evolved in the game regardless...

Interesting that the dig always feels the need to chime in on such a 'tired' debate.

Interesting that the dig always feels the need to chime in on such a 'tired' debate.

And its real funny how those changes happened to coincide with Taylor's rushes. I don't know if the Dog was old enough to see him as an adult live when compared to some other good linebackers who were his contemporaries. But even they would tell you that there was a good level of linebacker play and a higher level that was LT. As far as the changes I mentioned...the teams only employed them the first few years when they were playing the Giants and not any other team playing the then novel 3/4 defense. Opposing coordinators got tired of seeing LT pick up a RB and carry him back to the QB for a sack/loss of yardage and/or fumble. Those type of offenses did not become universally employed until the mid 80's where you also had a few teams playing the run and shoot offense. LT changed the game period. This is not said just by Giants fans...but former opponents, coaches and commentators who had played the game. That Charger running back is nothing special when you have seen the likes of the Juice, Barry Sanders and a myriad of others play. I don't hear how defenses have to change just to contain the Charger running back. Again its the ESPN crowd (and their like) who play up this guy as if he were the reincarnation of Jim Brown...which he most certainly is not.

And its real funny how those changes happened to coincide with Taylor's rushes. I don't know if the Dog was old enough to see him as an adult live when compared to some other good linebackers who were his contemporaries. But even they would tell you that there was a good level of linebacker play and a higher level that was LT. As far as the changes I mentioned...the teams only employed them the first few years when they were playing the Giants and not any other team playing the then novel 3/4 defense. Opposing coordinators got tired of seeing LT pick up a RB and carry him back to the QB for a sack/loss of yardage and/or fumble. Those type of offenses did not become universally employed until the mid 80's where you also had a few teams playing the run and shoot offense. LT changed the game period. This is not said just by Giants fans...but former opponents, coaches and commentators who had played the game. That Charger running back is nothing special when you have seen the likes of the Juice, Barry Sanders and a myriad of others play. I don't hear how defenses have to change just to contain the Charger running back. Again its the ESPN crowd (and their like) who play up this guy as if he were the reincarnation of Jim Brown...which he most certainly is not.

taylor had an impact on the game, no doubt...but the league evolves, and systems would have moved in that direction as the athletes evolved...a lot of 4 wide out sets are utilized by a number of teams, evolving from the run and shoot style of offense that had initially evolved in the colleges, where a lot of the changes begin to take place. as for tomlinson being nothing special, the dog really doesn't see where you are coming from. he is comparable to every player you mentioned, with the exception of maybe jim brown and sanders. and he is above the level of a majority of backs. you have to observe the little things he does through the course of a game to appreciate it.

i dont like him but ive recently respected his play a little more

he seems very competitive but he annoys the fuck out of me

and if LT doesnt mind tomlinson being called LT who the hell am i to say he cant be called it.

and if we didnt get eli we would not have drafted rivers, we only drafted rivers because thats who san diego wanted. we would have gotten big ben

i like the kid- he's a warrior and he's very smart with the football.

I'll give him that, I'm impressed with how when he gets a lot of pressure on him he always manages to avoid a sack or big hit plus avoid an int by throwing the ball at the nearest receivers feet.

Thats smart football.