SportsWrath

Phillip Rivers

BronxRik

Rivers is a very good QB and if we didnt have Eli, Id take him in a second. I like him, even though he has the "man I want to punch him in the face", face.

Yeah as far as ability and competitiveness I'd take him in a heartbeat if we didn't have Eli, but everytime I watch him play I'm rooting against him.

Rivers is a very good QB and if we didnt have Eli, Id take him in a second. I like him, even though he has the "man I want to punch him in the face", face.

that is exactly it - the dog doesn't like rivers at all, but you have to respect him as a competitor...and he is proving that he is a winner...the dog places him in the bill romanowski league - you hate him until he plays for your team, then you love him and his attitude and how he elevates his teammates play.

that is exactly it - the dog doesn't like rivers at all, but you have to respect him as a competitor...and he is proving that he is a winner...the dog places him in the bill romanowski league - you hate him until he plays for your team, then you love him and his attitude and how he elevates his teammates play.

Really ? I don't think I'd like Bill Romanowski if he played for the Giants and split his paycheck with me- completely detestable jackass. BTW Dog - good call on Arizona

Really ? I don't think I'd like Bill Romanowski if he played for the Giants and split his paycheck with me- completely detestable jackass. BTW Dog - good call on Arizona

he was detestable...but as a player, he brought an edginess that you like as a fan, so long as he is playing on your side. thanks - the cards have the weapons to make noise - the dog doesn't think they are good enough on paper to beat any team left, but it wouldn't be shocking if they upset the panthers, who defense has been suspect recently...after that, it is anyone's guess...

he was detestable...but as a player, he brought an edginess that you like as a fan, so long as he is playing on your side. thanks - the cards have the weapons to make noise - the dog doesn't think they are good enough on paper to beat any team left, but it wouldn't be shocking if they upset the panthers, who defense has been suspect recently...after that, it is anyone's guess...

I don't think that Raider that got his face smashed by Romanowski would agree with you.

I don't think that Raider that got his face smashed by Romanowski would agree with you.

no, probably not...but he dog is speaking from a fan's standpoint, not for those actions, but for the attitude he had in the locker room and in his toughness on the field...

not a good comparison, IHD. Romanowski was a raving lunatic. Rivers is more like a marino or a jim kelly in temperament.

...the dog places him in the bill romanowski league - you hate him until he plays for your team, then you love him and his attitude and how he elevates his teammates play.

Maybe to a fan of the Cowb...uh, I mean, not the Cowboys, but some other unnamed team that the dog roots for, but not me. I believe Jeremy Shockey would be in this Romanowski league that the dog speaks of, and I never liked the guy, and didn't feel the need to hide it. He was a chump, just like Romanowski, and some guys you don't have to be a fan of, even if they're on your team. I cheered when Shockey made a nice play, which was rarely, because he was on my team, but I wouldn't buy his jersey for my kids or cheer for his idiotic celebrations. I also wouldn't put Rivers in this league either, yet.

not a good comparison, IHD. Romanowski was a raving lunatic. Rivers is more like a marino or a jim kelly in temperament.

wow...everyone being so critical...the dog is saying he is in the category of a player you despise when they are not on your team...both are just that, and both are competitors that want to win...the dog doesn't anticipate that rivers is going to play dirty or spit in someone's face ala romanowski, but they are the type of player you want on your side rather than the other, and when they are on the other, you dislike them...

I've always called Phillip Rivers, Ryan Leaf with talent. He has got the same temper and just cocky fucking attitude, the whole Chargers organization is classless from the two fans they have to Spanos to Tomlinson to Rivers just a bunch of fucks, maybe we play them in the super bowl we definently play them next year in the meadowlands, can't wait to give Rivers the same reception Chargers fans (all two of them) gave Eli in San Diego assholes.

I've always called Phillip Rivers, Ryan Leaf with talent. He has got the same temper and just cocky fucking attitude, the whole Chargers organization is classless from the two fans they have to Spanos to Tomlinson to Rivers just a bunch of fucks, maybe we play them in the super bowl we definently play them next year in the meadowlands, can't wait to give Rivers the same reception Chargers fans (all two of them) gave Eli in San Diego assholes.

the dog gets the rivers hatred to a degree...but Tomlinson never really has done anything...and as for the fan thing, that is just part of the game...

I have no problem with Tomlinson, I only have a problem with people calling him LT. LT was not a RB, he was the best football player who ever lived. And they have more than two fans, most of them are here in Phoenix.

I have no problem with Tomlinson, I only have a problem with people calling him LT. LT was not a RB, he was the best football player who ever lived. And they have more than two fans, most of them are here in Phoenix.

That's debatable. Best defensive player ever? Maybe and if he isn't he's in the top

3, but I don't think he's the best football player to have ever lived.

Most of them are "former" 49ers fans

That's debatable. Best defensive player ever? Maybe and if he isn't he's in the top

the dog once tried to make this same argument...he wasn't open to it at all...

as bigblue removes the blue colored glasses from his face..........

Excuse me? He is what?? Not the best football player to have ever played the game? Oh yes he is!!!!

as bigblue removes the blue colored glasses from his face..........

Excuse me? He is what?? Not the best football player to have ever played the game? Oh yes he is!!!!

It is very debateable as to who the best player in NFL history is. LT is certainly in the conversation, but so is Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, Red Grange, Joe Montana, etc etc etc , so many names and so many opinions that its really a pointless arguement.

I think in terms of the game of football its better to break it down to best player at a position. Clearly when its looked at like that its hard to argue Taylor as one of the top defensive linebackers of all time.

For what its worth I think what LT did more than anything was change how the game was played. He made it such where an athlete of his proportions was able to do so much on the defensive side of the ball that you just could not gameplan for him. He could rush the passer, play the run and cover. You never knew what you were going to get and in the 27 years since his debut many a player have come into the league doing the same things, its just that many do not do those things as well at LT did.