SportsWrath

OH GOD

Lughead

I don't understand. His play calling was good when the Giants won 7 in a row, but when you

lose a game (by 6 points, mind you) you guys want him gone.

It's only good if we can find someone better. Personally I don't think he's a bad coordinator. He mixes it up enough and overall has done a pretty good job... just check our offensive ranks.

He is clueless the 2nd and he needs to go he calls the most inopportune plays at the most inopportune times also goes away with what is working or does nothing to change up what is not working till way late. When a game calls for you to run the ball RUN THE DAMN BALL ..........the passing game will come when the run is established .

clearly there is no fence here either you think he is ok or you want him out. I should do a poll

you know what I think I will .........

He is clueless the 2nd and he needs to go he calls the most inopportune plays at the most inopportune times also goes away with what is working or does nothing to change up what is not working till way late. When a game calls for you to run the ball RUN THE DAMN BALL ..........the passing game will come when the run is established .

clearly there is no fence here either you think he is ok or you want him out. I should do a poll

you know what I think I will .........

The Giants didn't have enough TIME to run the ball, Eagles ate up the clock.

Were you watching the same game I was?

Found a link to this article at Vacchiano's blog.

A broadcast report maintains East Carolina's Skip Holtz is heading to Syracuse to become the new coach of the Orange football team.

The Post-Standard's Donnie Webb indicates The NFL Network is reporting

Skip Holtz will be named Syracuse University's football coach on Monday.

It comes on the heels of East Carolina's 27-24 win over Tulsa Saturday for its first conference championship in more than 30 years. The Pirates (9-4) will represent Conference USA in the Liberty Bowl on Friday, January 2.

Holtz was quoted after his team's victory Saturday that he is "not looking to leave East Carolina", and that "it would have to be a really special situation to get me out of here."

Donnie Webb also reports that Gross and Holtz are expected to be in New York Monday and Tuesday for the College Football Hall of Fame Induction ceremony. Holtz's father, former Notre Dame head coach Lou Holtz, is being inducted as is former Syracuse quarterback Don McPherson.

http://www.syracuse.com/today/index.ssf/20...p_holtz_sy.html

This was Gilbride's first BAD game in a while. He'd been very good for most of the season despite everyone bitching about him.

And like GG said it's hard to call a solid offensive game when the defense was giving up 3rd down conversions 66% of the time. Their D was fresh, our O couldn't get into a rhythm.

I don't understand. His play calling was good when the Giants won 7 in a row, but when you

lose a game (by 6 points, mind you) you guys want him gone.

I've been saying most of the year we've won in spite of his play calling, he's not a complete retard, but he's on the park bench with Forest.

I've been saying most of the year we've won in spite of his play calling, he's not a complete retard, but he's on the park bench with Forest.

What games have the Giants won that were "in spite" of Gilbride's play calling?

That's pure bullshit VG and you know it.

And like GG said it's hard to call a solid offensive game when the defense was giving up 3rd down conversions 66% of the time. Their D was fresh, our O couldn't get into a rhythm.

:confused: I think you've got it backwards. We forced 3 punts and a FG on their first four possesions, with a blocked fg to show for our own offensive efforts. Our defense got tired cause they were on the field all day. We earned about 9 first downs, and 4 or 5 of those were gimmes against prevent defense. Our offense stank up the joint. No excuses.

What the hell dude is he your father or something?

next thing you know you will be calling him St.Gilbride sheesh...........

Cincy is the only one i can think of right now, but fuck it, ya'll think he's God? Good enough for me, I hope you're right and i hope I'm wrong and i hope we repeat with History's most awesome offense.

Cincy is the only one i can think of right now, but fuck it, ya'll think he's God? Good enough for me, I hope you're right and i hope I'm wrong and i hope we repeat with History's most awesome offense.

Nobody said anything about him being a God. But he sure as shit doesn't deserve to get canned either.

One game, that's it? Just one game? Wow.

When did I say he was God, please don't put words in my mouth. It was a bad game today

from the offense and defense (the special teams today was awesome, Moss has some pretty

decent returns) and they got handled.

You'd think the Giants are 0 and 13 right now with his playcalling, Jesus Christ guys.

One game, that's it? Just one game? Wow.

When did I say he was God, please don't put words in my mouth. It was a bad game today

from the offense and defense (the special teams today was awesome, Moss has some pretty

decent returns) and they got handled.

You'd think the Giants are 0 and 13 right now with his playcalling, Jesus Christ guys.

I did give the guy credit, but I'm not afraid to say he sucks. Don't agree? Cool, again, hope I end up being the wrong one.

I want to know when the Giants won "in spite of Gilbride."

Oh Jeesh take your pick we are 11-2 could of been any if not all of the 11 games :P

OK OK I'll drop it for now I will give him some slack seeing how he is coming up on his 1 year anniversary as the Giant's OC Granted he is light years ahead of HUFFNUTS I PERSONALLY FEEL he needs to work on his game planning better than he does now. He is falling into a predictable pattern we are starting to see it week in and week out . He has 1 year under his belt as the Giants OC let's hope he can do a better job in the future .

If you are happy with him then so be it I am not I want better that's all I want to be more mysterious on the line I want the Offense to execute better ( granted that's not on Gilfu....Gilbride) I just want More DOMINANCE sorry if that's what I want......

He did a horrible job yesterday coming up with a winning gameplan. Going up against a small fast defense he called a lot of outside runs. Jacobs has some speed but he can't outrun LBs who are cutting off his outside angles. When that wasn't working Gil should have pounded some runs up the middle.

His worst performance of the day though was when he called for a reverse against a fast small defense. Reverses DO NOT WORK!

Wow, talk about overreaction.

By the way you guys are acting, you'd think we have only won games like 9-6, or 13-10. Take a good look at our record guys--we've beaten teams that have scored 30 on us.

It's not just our defense that has carried us all this time.

We are 6th in the league in total offense.

We are 7th in the league in total defense.

Yet, Gilbride is fucking clueless, and we are going to erect a statue for Spags, and we want to tie him up so he can be our next head coach.

Let's get real here. We are one or two catches away from possibly winning that game yesterday. Gilbride called one reverse yesterday and it was the "player" who made it worse because it was clear he was losing yards and yet he kept running backwards to try and gain more yards. Now if Gilbride doesn't make these calls from time to time, some of you are up his ass about that also.

I'm not saying he's the real deal, he's not. But perhaps you'd rather have Hufnagel back. The offense has been much better since he took over, Eli has played better. My complaint about him is he should run more. But overall Gilbride has been fine.

And again, as I said in another thread, Spags had a bad day. What about putting 11 men up at the line when Westbrook ran in for his first touchdown?. The result of that play showed it was clear the Eagles read it a mile away.

Boo we did lose Osi Strahan and Mitchell, so Spags deserves a lot of credit for keeping us top 10 and statistically better than last year.

Our offense is top ten because of our running game. We're number one in rushing and 17th in passing.

Our passing game is at its best when Eli is calling the plays AND/OR after we've established the run.

I'm not saying we need to fire the guy, but I definately don't think he's been the key to our success on offense. That would be our 3 RB's and the O-line.

My problems with Gil are: Getting away from the run, our bread and butter.

Seemingly unable to change up his gameplan during the game.

And his predictability. For instance, passing on first down. It's supposed to catch a defense off guard, but when you do it 8 of 10 times it's a liability.