SportsWrath

OH GOD

Lughead

I think there are a lot of teams that can do better than Manning-Jacobs/Ward-Hixon-Toomer-Smith-Boss.

As for Sunday's loss, it was just one game. And to my recollection, they only deep pass we attempted was dropped...everything else was in the short-to-intermediate range (i'd have to rewatch to say this definitively). The Eagles really sat in a Cover-2 all game, blitzed infrequently, and defended the run. This forced us to have to be methodical and we couldn't do it. I have a hard to pinning it on the gameplan; we were ineffective without Jacobs, Eli was indecisive, the drops obviously were problematic.

In any case, it bears repeeating: this was just one. We'll bounce back vs. Dallas.

Now that Hixon is starting for Burress, we've had a drop off, but still, we're talented offensively.

There are some teams that are better, but I wouldn't say a lot. There are more who would love to have what we have.

I know we'll bounce back. I'm not worried.

As far as the deep passes, there were 3 on first down alone that were incompletions, one was the drop to Hixon.

8 total according to the play by play. 2 that hung in the air so long I couldn't believe they weren't intercepted.

I don't believe that Gilbride was calling for a deep throw on all those plays, maybe it was all Eli could see that was open, but on some of them like the 3rd and 3 incompletion to Hixon in the 3rd qtr, I don't understand why we had anyone pushing deep at all.

On a different kind of day weather-wise, Hixon might have had a career day, cause he got open deep on several occaisions, but it wasn't a good day for that kind of football.

Now that Hixon is starting for Burress, we've had a drop off, but still, we're talented offensively.

There are some teams that are better, but I wouldn't say a lot. There are more who would love to have what we have.

I know we'll bounce back. I'm not worried.

As far as the deep passes, there were 3 on first down alone that were incompletions, one was the drop to Hixon.

8 total according to the play by play. 2 that hung in the air so long I couldn't believe they weren't intercepted.

I don't believe that Gilbride was calling for a deep throw on all those plays, maybe it was all Eli could see that was open, but on some of them like the 3rd and 3 incompletion to Hixon in the 3rd qtr, I don't understand why we had anyone pushing deep at all.

On a different kind of day weather-wise, Hixon might have had a career day, cause he got open deep on several occaisions, but it wasn't a good day for that kind of football.

It makes sense to send someone deep even if they aren't the primary read (depending on the coverage) in order to occupy the safety, stretch the field, and create more space for the other routes.

It makes sense to send someone deep even if they aren't the primary read (depending on the coverage) in order to occupy the safety, stretch the field, and create more space for the other routes.

That I do realize, but it's not necessary (notably when all wr's are in single coverage) and in a game with such weather it's more of a hindrance, especially when the protection breaks down as it did, and that reciever was the only option on the side of the field manning was forced to throw to.

David Cutcliffe, Eli's head coach and Peyton Manning's offensive coordinator is out of a job at tennessee now that Fulmer and whole staff was fired.

maybe we could get him.

he worked wonders with peyton and eli in college.