SportsWrath

Bloomy is pissed!

GorillaNJ

I agree. Plax should get jail, because he is a public figure and is "A Role Model" for children. The law is the law. If Plax didn't want to go to jail then he should have obeyed the law in the 1st place. The only person I feel sorry for in this whole thing is his child.

Exactly, you do not carry a gun if you do not have a CCP, and to carry a loaded gun around with you with the safety off is about the dumbest thing I can imagine.

Exactly, you do not carry a gun if you do not have a CCP, and to carry a loaded gun around with you with the safety off is about the dumbest thing I can imagine.

I'm more on the rehab than the punishment side. He had no ill-intentions.

While it is a stupid law, it is a crime to carry a loaded concealed weapon in public, in NYC without a permit.

Really there is nothing stupid about the gun laws in NY. People would be shooting each other over parking. I know Ive seen more than one fist fight over the same thing.

Sounds like a stupid law to me: either have a minimum sentence and make the application for concealment a little more flexible; or make the application draconian and skip the minimum sentence. Doing both just makes otherwise law-abiding citizens criminals. Not recognizing permits from other states is pretty much bullshit as well.

I don't see how this prevents anything but shootings committed in anger--it's not going to stop typical street crime.

All that said, Burress broke the law, and as a gun owner, it's on him to know the laws. It sucks that he's facing 3.5 years though--shooting himself was probably enough to keep him from doing that again. And a 3-year sentence will effectively end his career at this stage of his life--he's 31 already.

Really there is nothing stupid about the gun laws in NY. People would be shooting each other over parking. I know Ive seen more than one fist fight over the same thing.

No they would not... or they would not be any more likely to do it if it were legal to carry a gun. It would still be illegle to shoot a person.

Plex could have applied for the carriers permit though... he willingly and knowingly broke that law in NYC.

You can;'t rehab stupid, this isn't something that can be rahabed, he simply thought he was above the law or he didn't know the law, which I find difficult to believe since I'm positive the NFL covers gun ownership and the risks involved.

He was dumb, he didn't have a concealed carry permit, the weapon was loaded and not in the safety position, he was in a bar drinking, everyone knows liquor and guns don't go well together.

He had many options, first he could have gotten security, he could have applied for a ccp, he could have simply been knowledgeable about guns and realized that little button on the side does wonders to prevent one from shooting himself in the leg.

That's incredibly naive Nas.

Honestly, everyday I have the same valid reasons to carry a gun. I value my life too. I have stuff on me that I don't want stolen. I'd get a lot more room on the subway if I whipped out a gun (hell I'd even get a seat).

But the trouble of getting caught far outweighs the plusses. Common sense tells you this.

Oh, and Bloomberg is a jerk: this is just a reminder to those that may have forgotten.

You will kindly address him as His Grace, Mayor for Life, Moral Arbiter for all Lesser Beings (e.g. those who are not billionaires)...The Right Honorable Michael Bloomberg....abase thyself before your master mortals. :ph34r:

You will kindly address him as His Grace, Mayor for Life, Moral Arbiter for all Lesser Beings (e.g. those who are not billionaires)...The Right Honorable Michael Bloomberg....abase thyself before your master mortals. :ph34r:

Sorry, much to his horror, some of us live beyond his fiefdom.

Sorry, much to his horror, some of us live beyond his fiefdom.

For now mortal....for now....as we sit at our keyboards....Bloomie The First is already plotting his way into the White House....let all who hear his name tremble in fear and trepidation. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! :ph34r:

No they would not... or they would not be any more likely to do it if it were legal to carry a gun. It would still be illegle to shoot a person.

Plex could have applied for the carriers permit though... he willingly and knowingly broke that law in NYC.

Yep, and armed society is a polite society.

It's impossible to get a gun permit in NYC.

Ayup. I had a target shooters license. And when my Old Man was alive I had the requisite long arms fire arms permits. It always cracks me up about these politicos surrounded by Secret Service, Treasury Police, Embassy Police, State Dept. Security, Soldiers and police officers are always telling us what a bad thing for ordinary citizens to be armed...yet they are all so safe and snug with their layers of protection.

Ayup. I had a target shooters license. And when my Old Man was alive I had the requisite long arms fire arms permits. It always cracks me up about these politicos surrounded by Secret Service, Treasury Police, Embassy Police, State Dept. Security, Soldiers and police officers are always telling us what a bad thing for ordinary citizens to be armed...yet they are all so safe and snug with their layers of protection.

I tend to lean toward the left a little more but not on this issue. The way they have it set up is that only criminals have guns. I also heard on 1010 WINS yestrday that some korean restaurant got fined for killing a tree because one of it's employees dumped cleaning liquid near the tree. Meanwhile bus drivers are getting stabbed. Talk about more bureaucratic BS, they now must have the tree police.

I tend to lean toward the left a little more but not on this issue. The way they have it set up is that only criminals have guns. I also heard on 1010 WINS yestrday that some korean restaurant got fined for killing a tree because one of it's employees dumped cleaning liquid near the tree. Meanwhile bus drivers are getting stabbed. Talk about more bureaucratic BS, they now must have the tree police.

I am the same way. When comes to gun ownership and the right to bear arms inside or outside of a "well regulated militia" I am to the right of Clint Eastwood. ;)