SportsWrath

I can't believe the negativity around here right now....

boohyah

......this was our first loss in 9 games since the Patriots game. 6 of those games have been on the road.

Yes, we couldn't stop them on defense, but seriously, how long did you expect this to last. All good things get caught ouit eventually, the Skins who were on a major roll, lose at home to a team that aren't even on the same level as the Browns. The Cowboys who have the biggest offensive line in the league, had that same o-line absolutely shredded by the Cards (worse than what we did to them in the playoffs). Teams such as the Pats, Colts, Chargers, Eagles, Jaguars...all have 2 or more losses this year.

And even though we got beaten last night, there are some positives. The running game was kicking ass and we shouldn't have gone away from it. Steve Smith is turning into Wes Welker which is a good thing. And Mike Matthews had a pass thrown to him and didn't drop it :flex: . Our special teams wasn't bad considering Cribbs is back there and he's pretty dangerous. We moved the ball pretty well, Eli just threw some shitty passes in the red zone. Carney hits both field goals.

What I'm saying is, we've seen the Giants lose the last few years and we've seen much worse performances than that, much worse. The Browns played like their season was on the line and deserve a lot of credit.

We'll rebound.

I'm sure all of us were disappointed.. but not the sky isn't falling. The Browns played desperate and it showed. The parts I saw in the Game, your defense came close but no cigar. Cleveland were getting rid of the ball pretty quickly. I had to take my 6 yo nephew to the ER last night so I can't really put together what happened during the game... although that last INT returned for a TD devastated me.

don't under estimate the power of desperation. you had a QB fighting not to get benched, a coaching staff fighting to keep their jobs and a team fighting for their season vs. a team feeling a little too good about itself and a QB who had a really awful day.

I'm sure all of us were disappointed.. but not the sky isn't falling. The Browns played desperate and it showed. The parts I saw in the Game, your defense came close but no cigar. Cleveland were getting rid of the ball pretty quickly. I had to take my 6 yo nephew to the ER last night so I can't really put together what happened during the game... although that last INT returned for a TD devastated me.
Nas, I hope that the problem with you nephew was not very serious and he is now alright. I'll say a prayer for him.

don't under estimate the power of desperation. you had a QB fighting not to get benched, a coaching staff fighting to keep their jobs and a team fighting for their season vs. a team feeling a little too good about itself and a QB who had a really awful day.

My feelings exactly. I am surprisingly not as upset as I thought I'd be. The season is FAR from over.

Nas, I hope that the problem with you nephew was not very serious and he is now alright. I'll say a prayer for him.

Thanks USP. He and my sister are still over at the hospital and it turned out they'll run all the tests we've been waiting for (for months.. thanks to the bureaucracy and self-righteous doctors who think they know it all). I couldn't go to work today because I came home very late and I would have to head back to the hospital later on today.

:LMAO:

So true.

"Trade Eli"

"Chase Blackburn should start he is a HoF player"

"Hixon and Smith should be our starting WRs"

"Coughlin eats the souls of baby seals"

Probably looks like a cult compound in preparation for the Mother Ship.

I saw it from the beginning. Every time the Browns did something positive from the first play there were high fives and back slaps like it was the last 30 seconds in the SuperBowl. Only teams needing to constantly motivate each other as they collectively worry about how someone is going to fuck it up and lose the ballgame do that kind of stuff to such an extent. Sometimes you get the starving, mangy shivering bear in the corner....and sometimes that cornered animal turns all rabid on you.

Thanks USP. He and my sister are still over at the hospital and it turned out they'll run all the tests we've been waiting for (for months.. thanks to the bureaucracy and self-righteous doctors who think they know it all). I couldn't go to work today because I came home very late and I would have to head back to the hospital later on today.
What was the problem that caused the need to go to the ER? How old is this child and how long has the problem with his health been present? I really hope that whatever it is will be corrected. Since I have 6 grandchildren that I love beyond belief, I understand how much affection and concern a relative will have for a child. This event proves that you are a superb person. We can disagree on politics but this situation is one where we are duplicate people.

I'm sorry, what's this thread about? The car exhaust I have pumping into the house is making things difficult to see...

LLLLOLOLLOLLLLLOLL!!! Turn the gas on in the stove and light a match and the light(s) will come on....and then the lights on your gates....errrr Pearly Gates will be nice and shiny for you. :)

This is probably the biggest reason not to get to negative. The O played very well but Eli just made bad throws and sometimes at the worst times. Really take away 2 INT, the Plax bomb and Toomer, and it's a 21 point difference the Giants make it very close. Unfortunately the D could stop anything even when the Cleveland O kept trying to stop drives.

I just hope the Giants defense shuts out the 9ers and gets at least 5 sacks. One thing I have thought for a while ever since Osi went down...our LBers can't make plays outside of Pierce. Kiwi as a linebacker can at least be a good pass rusher, our current corps can't do anything well and Pierce never was great in coverage.

I just hope the Giants defense shuts out the 9ers and gets at least 5 sacks. One thing I have thought for a while ever since Osi went down...our LBers can't make plays outside of Pierce. Kiwi as a linebacker can at least be a good pass rusher, our current corps can't do anything well and Pierce never was great in coverage.

negativity thread wouldn't be complete without smalls.

to 9er fans this is their worst scenario. they were thinking they can go in with incentive to beat an udefeated team. they think now the giants will be plenty pissed when they face them. (according to the radio buzz around here.).