SportsWrath

Giving a pass to Eli?

Allstarjim

Please dont think Patriot is a typical Giants fan, infact I think this entire board doesnt support any of his statements one bit.... I'm surprised he hasent been banned by now.

I look at it this way....out of all the comments Eggie could reply to and try and spark a conversation he goes after patriot.

I look at it this way....out of all the comments Eggie could reply to and try and spark a conversation he goes after patriot.

Hmmm...re-read the thread. I went after no one except Manning. And then I responded to the only person who addressed me directly. At least I think he was the only person, as I cannot guarantee that I read ever post.

I think it is the opposite. More often than not, Patriot attacks me. And that is fine with me. He has every right to. And he is very entertaining. :)

Why don't you wait and see what Romo the Homo does on Sunday before you are critical of the MVP of the last Super Bowl. The Homo never has gotten to a Super Bowl because: "HE SUCKS". Your comment is all that can be expected from an uneducated Cowturds fan and supporter .

Soooo.......I'm guessing you're not a big Romo fan, huh? :LMAO:

I think it is the opposite. More often than not, Patriot attacks me. And that is fine with me. He has every right to. And he is very entertaining. :)

If you were walking down the street and a mentally handicapped person started pointing and making fun of you, would you respond or would you feel sorry for the lad and move along?

If you were walking down the street and a mentally handicapped person started pointing and making fun of you, would you respond or would you feel sorry for the lad and move along?
I presume that you use a mentally handicapped person in this thread because it describes what you are. Remember, it takes one to know one. :LMAO::clap:

the dog has a difficult time understanding why everyone assumes there would be a dramatic difference in Eli Manning as a QB...the reality is, he was not spectacular during the run last post-season...he simply didn't make mistakes that he has a tendency to do. The dog still believes that last year's run had less to do with Eli Manning being a great QB, and more to do with a defensive coach and front 7 that dominated. Last night was what the dog expected - he is still about average as far as QB's in the NFL go...doesn't mean they can't win it all with him (obviously), but why the crazy expectations that he would have this elevated game is beyond me...

The Dog didn't think Eli was 'Spectacular' during last year SB run? Shocking! You're right, there was nothing spectacular about going into Tampa and having more than a solid performance against the 1# ranked pass defense and overall defense. I guess there was nothing 'spectacular' about Eli scoring a TD with less than a minute before the first half end against the Cowboys. Or the fact that he out performed a legendary QB, in -20 degree weather, on the road. Or, with 2:39 minutes left on the clock, he drives his team 83 yards, is involved in one the greatest play in SB history (if not the greatest play) and score the winning TD for his 6th come back from behind win of the year. Oh, BTW, he did that against one of the great team in NFL history. But you're right, nothing 'spectacular' at all.

The Skins defensive backfield was banged up. Manning should have lit them up. Anyone of the top 5 QBs in this league would have. In light of the Giants outstanding defense, primarily their coach, I am thrilled as a Cowboys fan that Eli is the QB.

Oh, believe me Badegg, so are we. :)

Eli-Manning-Super-Bowl-XLII-MVP.jpg

The Dog didn't think Eli was 'Spectacular' during last year SB run? Shocking! You're right, there was nothing spectacular about going into Tampa and having more than a solid performance against the 1# ranked pass defense and overall defense. I guess there was nothing 'spectacular' about Eli scoring a TD with less than a minute before the first half end against the Cowboys. Or the fact that he out performed a legendary QB, in -20 degree weather, on the road. Or, with 2:39 minutes left on the clock, he drives his team 83 yards, is involved in one the greatest play in SB history (if not the greatest play) and score the winning TD for his 6th come back from behind win of the year. Oh, BTW, he did that against one of the great team in NFL history. But you're right, nothing 'spectacular' at all.

in fact, there was nothing spectacular about any of what you said here...the dog isn't taking away from what he did...but what he did was play solid, mistake free games...

Oh, believe me Badegg, so are we. :)

Eli-Manning-Super-Bowl-XLII-MVP.jpg

Leave Eli with all of his weapons and you take away the Giants pass rush, they are a 7-9 team. This team lives and dies on its defense. Just as it did in last year's playoff run.

Leave Eli with all of his weapons and you take away the Giants pass rush, they are a 7-9 team. This team lives and dies on its defense. Just as it did in last year's playoff run.

Umm leave Romo with all his "weapons" and take away the lack of a Dallas pass rush also and the 'Boys go 7-9 also. Jesus you can say the same for any team.

The Skins were getting a good rush and our WRs looked pretty tired in the 2nd half.

Why Gilbride was having us throw as much as he did in the 2nd half is beyond me. They couldn't stop the run.

I think we were spoiled by that first half and how sharp we are. That's really rare for an opening game.

The Skins were getting a good rush and our WRs looked pretty tired in the 2nd half.

Why Gilbride was having us throw as much as he did in the 2nd half is beyond me. They couldn't stop the run.

I think we were spoiled by that first half and how sharp we are. That's really rare for an opening game.

toomer looked pretty lackadaisical out there. maybe time has caught up to him.

Badegg our team lives and survives through only our defense??? First off thats absurd as you should know Plaxico demolished your secondary in the first meeting last year scoring 3 touchdowns, Jacobs has had his way with you guys too and the man you constantly rip on (Eli) has had several good games vs the Cowboys.

And even if it were true that all we have is D what point are you trying to make? Thats like me saying you guys are a 7-9 team without Owens. Get over yourself. Weapons are weapons. I guess the Patriots are a 8-8 team without Brady and Moss? Your like a 5 year old trying to prove a point that doesn't mean anything

The Skins defensive backfield was banged up. Manning should have lit them up. Anyone of the top 5 QBs in this league would have. In light of the Giants outstanding defense, primarily their coach, I am thrilled as a Cowboys fan that Eli is the QB.

That' not a given, it just seems likely. And Eli could have as well, but he plays virtually mistake free football, relies on his big target(who had 133 yds last nite) and a very good run game and D. He sees the big picture, not just mastering the reg. season and one and done in the postseason. Dont forget, Eli's 1st win was against Dallas. I'm glad your thrilled. ;)

Are Payton Manning and Tom Brady spectacular? Why you ask? Well if 60% comp, 95+ Qb rating and 6-1 TD to INT ratio are spectacular, things that they rugularly do then ELI was spectacular. Its really this simple. You take the stats(which all the ESPNites love to look at and the overrated QB rating system) and the end result an MVP award, a SB championship and beating a #1 #2 and #1 seed in each conference all the while on the road then yesELI was spectacular. If one feels he was not? Well then I suppose there is no such thing as a spectacular QB performance.

The Giants O looked a bit inconsistent overall last night.

The Eli pick was just awful, but there were a few near picks that quite obviously weren't his fault.

And drops, drops, drops. Plax and Jacobs both had passes hit them in the hands and dropped 'em.

Plax was pretty well covered but everyone I was watching the game with agreed that he should have caught it. But given his performance we all agreed he got a pass.

Jacobs though, he needs to work on catching the ball. If he could get open in the flat with the field open infront of him and only smaller DBs to stop him, that would be dangerous.

The Giants O looked a bit inconsistent overall last night.

The Eli pick was just awful, but there were a few near picks that quite obviously weren't his fault.

And drops, drops, drops. Plax and Jacobs both had passes hit them in the hands and dropped 'em.

They were paying homage to their pal, Jeremy Shockey.

Excuse me, are you saying defenses win championships? Thanks for clearing that up for me. I never would have guess that. Maybe you should tell that to Jerry Jones. :)

We, as Giants fans, are also thrilled Eli is our QB. Man that look on Jerry Jones' face when the Giants won in Dallas... man that was priceless.

We, as Giants fans, are also thrilled Eli is our QB. Man that look on Jerry Jones' face when the Giants won in Dallas... man that was priceless.

I wonder if Jerry Jones was able to get a ticket refund for the NFC Championship game? Two tickets for every player man Jerry Jones went all out with that.