SportsWrath

ESPY Nominations

Lubeck

http://www.giants.com/news/headlines/story...?story_id=27189

Giants Nominated for Six ESPYs

By Giants.com

JULY 2, 2008

The New York Giants were nominated for six ESPYs in this year's sixteenth annual ESPN awards show.

The Giants nominations came in for Best Upset (Giants-Patriots), Best Team, Best Game (Super Bowl XLII), Best Play (David Tyree's Catch), Best Coach-Manager (Tom Coughlin), and Best NFL Player (Eli Manning).

The 2008 ESPYs co-presented by HUMMER and Under Armour, hosted by Justin Timberlake, will be televised Sunday, July 20 at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN/ESPN HD.

For the fifth consecutive year, fans will determine the winners in 37 categories (excluding special awards) by voting online at www.espys.tv and, for the first time, via mobile phone at www.espn.mobi. This process will run between July 1 and July 12 at 11:59 p.m. EST.

For a full list of nominations, go to www.espnmediazone.com or www.espys.tv.

Be sure to go and vote for the Giants in all of their categories at www.espys.tv.

What has a chance at winning is Best Upset, Best Game, and Best Manager.

Best Team and Beat Coach-Manager are iffy.

Best NFL Player simply isn't happening.

I saw this article a few days ago and was wondering why it left out George Martin's nomination. Well thats Giants.com for you...

I think Best Game, Best Upset, and Best Play should be shoe-ins, but the Giants have an affinity for getting fucked over in awards/honors; not like these matter for anything anyway.

1. Best Team in the NFC East who did not win the Super Bowl but was the better team all season and deserved it: Dallas Cowboys.

2. Team to beat in 2008, NFL should not play the season just hand the trophy to: Dallas Cowboys.

3. Best QB ever not to win a playoff game: Tony Romo

Best Upset (Giants-Patriots) LOCK

Best Team WONT GET IT

Best Game (Super Bowl XLII) LOCK

Best Play (David Tyree's Catch) LOCK

Best Coach-Manager (Tom Coughlin) POSSIBLE

Best NFL Player (Eli Manning) WONT GET IT

Best Team WONT GET IT

Agreed.

Best Team WONT GET IT

I doubt Tom gets any serious votes. Don't forget this is a public vote not a panel, not that we had anywhere near a consistant enough season to warrant best team, coach or player.

I doubt Tom gets any serious votes. Don't forget this is a public vote not a panel, not that we had anywhere near a consistant enough season to warrant best team, coach or player.

Yeah, Im sure them schmucks will give it to Belichik. <_<

They HAVE to win for best upset, and if Tyree and Eli don't win Best Play there's something seriously wrong... that might be the single greatest play in Super Bowl history.

I'd say Best Game and Best Team are also plausible.

1. Best Team in the NFC East who did not win the Super Bowl but was the better team all season and deserved it: Dallas Cowboys.

2. Team to beat in 2008, NFL should not play the season just hand the trophy to: Dallas Cowboys.

3. Best QB ever not to win a playoff game: Tony Romo

4.Most retarded looking QB, who somehow completes passes and puts up gaudy numbers by looking retarded: Tony Romo

Who cares about the ESPY.. we're the Super Bowl champs baby... Manning.. stays on his feet ... airs it out.. and it's caught by Tyree.

Fuck that I'm going to watch the game again .. see ya

I thought for sure you would. You know your man is hosting, right?

I explained before the origin of the handle was not based on Stuart Scott (i'm sure most don't believe that which is understandable). And if Stuart Scott is hosting well that's just more reason why not to watch it.

And that would be an injustice. Sure, that FIRST game of the season was a nice win for that school. But what did they do after? Nada. Ours resulted in the big prize.

Yeah but the award isn't for biggest win, it's biggest upset, and after we took it to the Pats in week 16 no one should have been so surprised we took them down in the Big Dance.