SportsWrath

A good Diehl for the Giants

boohyah

Diehl done.

Good job. Maybe Snee next. :TU:

I agree....keep that line together for as long as possible. NFL network commentators last week said they expect Snee to bolt next year because he is a stud lineman and free agent stud linemen are getting monster extravagant signings with unheard of cash bonuses. Hopefully, Snee will stick with the Giants for a reasonable salary and stay there for his entire career. I have to believe it helps that TC is his father-in-law. But it's hard to resist ridiculous money being thrown at you.

I thought he gave up a tad too many sacks but he was learning a new position so I'll give him a break, overall he did a pretty good job and he'll only improve. With this contract it appears like they plan on keeping him at OT.

The good thing about Diehl is that his natural position is guard so that if the Giants were ever to draft a stud LT, they could move him back in. Seubert doesn't get big money so you don't lose much by cutting him or letting him be a reserve.

This guy deserves every cent he gets. I don't think there's been a more valuable player on this team the last 4 years.

His versatility is unbelievable and he's a leader too.

Great to have chubby cheeks locked up for 6 more years. Maybe we can make him do the truffle shuffle?

"Chubby Cheeks?"

Everyone knows his nickname is "Snaggle Tooth." Or, if you must, "Audrey II."

But this is the exact type of organization the Giants are. They did the same thing for three years in a row when Jessie Armstead started having unbelievable seasons. They're all class, always have been, and take care of their guys.

good signing I like it. Diehl isnt a great LT but hes solid at the least, doesnt cause many flags, and will give you 16 games every year so that makes him worth his new pay.

More than solid. It was his first year back at LT and he did a stellar job. He is only going to get better. I have a feeling he's going to be the NFL's poster child for LT in the years to come. :clap:

Apparently Snee wants a Leonard Davis/Steve Hutchinson deal. IMO thats too much for ANY G and Snee is certainly not on Hutchinsons level. THis could be a precursor to the possibility of Snee leaving. The coaching staff likes Whimper a lot and project him as one of the Tackles at some point. I have to agree as although Whimper playes very sparingly I was impressed this pre season with his athleticsm and size, he also showed some good footwork in the game he playe when Diehl cramped up. Diehl allows for so many options on things that could happen. Snee leaves he can slide to G and Whimper to T, MCkeenzie leaves and he can slide to RT and Whimper to LT. Great signing.

More than solid. It was his first year back at LT and he did a stellar job. He is only going to get better. I have a feeling he's going to be the NFL's poster child for LT in the years to come. :clap:

thats wishfull thinking

I thought Diehl did a damn good job for a guard playing tackle. Glad he's finally starting to get paid as a tackle and could be a pro bowl candidate this upcoming season.

Apparently Snee wants a Leonard Davis/Steve Hutchinson deal. IMO thats too much for ANY G and Snee is certainly not on Hutchinsons level. THis could be a precursor to the possibility of Snee leaving. The coaching staff likes Whimper a lot and project him as one of the Tackles at some point. I have to agree as although Whimper playes very sparingly I was impressed this pre season with his athleticsm and size, he also showed some good footwork in the game he playe when Diehl cramped up. Diehl allows for so many options on things that could happen. Snee leaves he can slide to G and Whimper to T, MCkeenzie leaves and he can slide to RT and Whimper to LT. Great signing.

I can't imagine McKenzie will be around after this year. My guess is Whimper is in at RT sooner than later. McKenzie is getting old and slow and is too much of a hothead for his own good.

I think Snee's play is comparable to a Leonard Davis. He's so good, and I'm not that into the idea of moving around the oline like that.

Diehl is one of my favorite Giants. He did a great job for us in 2007, considering it was a transition from his natural guard position to the 2nd most important position in the game. He gave up a few sacks, but that's what stud defensive ends do. Nobody is going to call Jon Runyan a pussy because he gives up a sack here and there.

He's young, durable, athletic, smart, and has a terrific demeanor. Trust me, if this guy hit the free agent market, he'd be gone in minutes. Great job to keep him under contract.

The extension was worked out over the past month, Peter Schaffer, Diehl's agent said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press.

"I think the Giants, in terms of organizations in the NFL, have a great history of treating their players fairly," Schaffer said.

It's rare for a team to redo a long-term deal toward the beginning of the contract. Diehl was entering the third year of a six-year, $15.5 million extension he signed in 2005 that was scheduled to expire in 2011.

But Diehl was in a rare situation. He made the tough transition from left guard to left tackle and performed at close to a Pro Bowl-caliber level. Since coming to the Giants six years ago, Diehl has started 80 consecutive games. With the exception of Petitgout's release last year, the Giants' offensive line has grown together for four seasons and has evolved into one of the NFL's better blocking units.

Diehl is a manimal....he has that desire to go out there and play one up against the guy on the other side of him. You can't coach that...and it is what makes him such a capable player in my opinion. Appears to get along with everyone and is not a locker room cancer. Just one of those guys that helps you win games.

I can't imagine McKenzie will be around after this year. My guess is Whimper is in at RT sooner than later. McKenzie is getting old and slow and is too much of a hothead for his own good.

MCKeenzie is not that old and he was not that slow last year. he was tremendous in run blocking as that right side mauled teams from time to time. The only thing I can think of in your assesment of him as a hothead is you have him confused with Bob Whitfield :confused: , McKeenzie is not a hot head.

Has McKenzie every gotten a penalty with us? I mean seriously I don't ever recall the guy getting a flag thrown on him. Plus the guy is only 28 and still regarded as a premium run blocker, Whimper will wait in the wings and learn all he can from this guy.

Has McKenzie every gotten a penalty with us? I mean seriously I don't ever recall the guy getting a flag thrown on him. Plus the guy is only 28 and still regarded as a premium run blocker, Whimper will wait in the wings and learn all he can from this guy.

McKeenzie is as much a constant on this O line as anyone

I think Diehl is a keeper. Not great, but solid.

I'm not a big Snee fan. I wouldn't mind seeing him gone.

That surprises me.

I think the guy plays very well n fact the

whole o-line plays well as a group.

What dont ya like?

and don't say his cologne! :rolleyes:

If Snee wants it, then give it to him. He has been The Force on the right side of the line. The only thing Whimper has done to impress me is stay on the roster.