SportsWrath

Deangelo Hall to the Raiders

Taylorized56

Damn, looks like we didn't wanna pay Hall what he wanted because I gotta think we'd have no problem giving up our first if the Raiders are giving them their 2nd rounder.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3295344

Source: Falcons to trade Hall for Raiders' second-round pick in '08 draft

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN.com

(Archive)

Updated: March 15, 2008, 5:39 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

Hall

The Atlanta Falcons have reached an agreement in principle with the Oakland Raiders to trade cornerback DeAngelo Hall for the Raiders' second-round pick in the 2008 draft, pending the Raiders finalizing a contract with Hall, according to a source close to the Falcons.

Hall is close to agreeing to a contract with the Raiders that will pay him just below what Asante Samuel signed with the Eagles, according to the source. Samuel signed a six-year deal worth a reported $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed.

Hall is a former first-rounder taken with the eighth pick in the 2004 draft.

I don't get the Raiders.

Michael Huff: 6 years 43 million

Hall: 6 years 57 million (assuming he gets asante numbers)

Gibril: 6 years 39

Asomughua: They're negotiating with him, right now he's a franchise player.

Hall needs to re-consider this for himself. He knows the Giants would make that same deal if he would take less money. He's in the prime of his career, and can either accept watching his career go down the drain in a shithole, or go on a winning squad for some less million, which he could possibly make up through incentives and bonuses.

I don't get the Raiders.

Hall needs to re-consider this for himself. He knows the Giants would make that same deal if he would take less money. He's in the prime of his career, and can either accept watching his career go down the drain in a shithole, or go on a winning squad for some less million, which he could possibly make up through incentives and bonuses.

Gateb, you are right on it. Oakland has no pass rush to speak of. And with a Jamarcus Russell still cutting his teeth next year, there will be a lot of 3 and outs for their offense. Teams are going to abuse that secondary no matter who is back there. They are doing it completely backwards. I wonder if Al Davis actually wants to win or is he doing this to get Lane Kiffin to quit. If he had come to the Giants, he would be behind the best defensive pass rush in the NFL, even if Strahan retires. He would be a Pro Bowler almost certainly, and have the most picks of his career. In this day and age, though, it's all about the money, not winning to most of these guys. Especially the guaranteed money. I hope for his sake (and Gibril's) that they can generate a pass rush, otherwise this money is wasted.

As for the Giants, I hope that our fans are not that disappointed. We just won the Superbowl with the secondary we have now, minus Gibril, and we have replaced him with a solid veteran. I think Webster will do great. If he doesn't, than the Giants will look to Marcus Trufant, who will be a UFA after next season, unless the Seahawks agree to a deal with him, which right now seems unlikely. The Seahawks franchised him this offseason, so he cannot be franchised again. The downside is he will probably want the highest contract to date for a corner. But the Giants, (as well as myself) regard him higher than even Hall. I've heard top NFL wide receivers say that he is the toughest corner in the league to play against. I will not shed a single tear that Hall is going to the Raiders. At least he is going out of conference and not to a division rival. We are fine for the 2008 season, even if we don't draft a spectacular corner. Go Giants!

Yeah but so what. Everyone is hyping up this draft lilke it is so amazing. All that means is that there is a greater number of players this year with hype surrounding them than usual. Since hype doesn't mean a hill of beans, this draft might be the same, better, or worse than other drafts. We really won't know for another 3 years at least and then we can evaluate how good this draft was. And just because they are giving up a low second round pick to get him, doesn't mean that the Falcons will use it wisely or that they won't pick up a bust of a pick. Either way, good deal for the Raiders, if they had already established their D-line first. Maybe a good deal for the Falcons, depending on how the draft pick pans out. We will see. Anyhow, like I said, I am not disappointed we didn't get him.

I don't get the Raiders.

are you kidding me? it's all about money to the young players. Which is why we won't be signing anyone other than Brent Alexander, I mean Sammy Knight-type scrubs.

Thank god we already have a good team. And I'm glad we aren't rebuilding.

are you kidding me? it's all about money to the young players. Which is why we won't be signing anyone other than Brent Alexander, I mean Sammy Knight-type scrubs.

Thank god we already have a good team. And I'm glad we aren't rebuilding.

I am totally not surprised you would be the person to defend the Raiders moves. Thank god you are just some sheep behind a keyboard instead of being a Giants FO employee.

I am totally not surprised you would be the person to defend the Raiders moves. Thank god you are just some sheep behind a keyboard instead of being a Giants FO employee.

I don't think he is defending the Raiders just observing how FA want way too much money. So that's why the Giants are lucky because we don't really need to go balls to the wall to fill any hole. Also what is with the Raider's obsession with getting player's for the secondary? They probably have the best secondary in football and still suck. You'd think they'd catch on by now that blowing all your money on one section of your team is futile.

I don't think he is defending the Raiders just observing how FA want way too much money.

No he has shown over the past few weeks with a couple comments that he thinks the Giants are stupid for going after mid-late career vets and thinks that is a stupid idea. That is what I was replying towards.

What a steal. For less thasn what Samuel makes we could have had what will end up being the best corner in the league. I must say this really upsets me.

I dont think we ever had any intention of signing Hall. With so much interest within the division, I think we just wanted to drive up the price to keep him out. At the least make one of them over pay. We have no need for him. We have 2 young upcoming corners, who were good enough to hold back the best WR's in the league, and win the superbowl. And a draft class coming up rich with potencial CB's. We dont need him or his price tag.

This may go down as one of the best trades the giants never made.

I don't know about all that. I'm not sure what the raiders paid but if one player is going to hamstring your budget, chances are the deal brings more harm than good.

No CB.. ever is worth $6M+ a year... in my opinion.

If D'Angelo Hall wants to be a winner, then signing with the Giants would be the way to go. If he signs with the Raiders then he clearly doesn't want to. Unless you're Gibril who's already won and now has stolen from the Raiders (good for him), then you're going to a team that's not going to do shit for years. They don't even know for sure if they are going to have the same coach or not.

D'Angelo has his sights set on the game after the Superbowl.

If D'Angelo Hall wants to be a winner, then signing with the Giants would be the way to go. If he signs with the Raiders then he clearly doesn't want to. Unless you're Gibril who's already won and now has stolen from the Raiders (good for him), then you're going to a team that's not going to do shit for years. They don't even know for sure if they are going to have the same coach or not.

D'Angelo has his sights set on the game after the Superbowl.

:o There's a game AFTER the Super Bowl!? Why wasn't I aware of this!?

I don't know about all that. I'm not sure what the raiders paid but if one player is going to hamstring your budget, chances are the deal brings more harm than good.

No CB.. ever is worth $6M+ a year... in my opinion.

re-read my post.

From rotoworld:

The Falcons reportedly asked for RB Danny Ware during talks about a trade that would've sent DeAngelo Hall to the Giants.

The Giants reportedly backed out of the deal because they didn't want to give Ware up. A physically gifted runner, Ware nearly made the Jets last summer, but he's struggled to stay healthy. It appears the Giants will keep him on the roster as a fourth-stringer. That would spell the end for Reuben Droughns.

What the fuck?