SportsWrath

Way to go Giants.com

boohyah

March 2004 is when I started posting on the Giants board under the name J_E_T_SJetsJetsJets. I was a huge douche. Now, though, I can control my smack talk. Especially since it's completely unwarranted. A lot of what I did was highly unnecessary.

I've been waiting since the day after the Super Bowl for Giants.com to post an official Super Bowl Champs wallpaper. Nothing. Still the same 4 boring, cheesy wallpapers from the beginning of the season. Freakin' lame. Anybody have a good one?

Not a wall but still great.

gmen.jpg

March 2004 is when I started posting on the Giants board under the name J_E_T_SJetsJetsJets. I was a huge douche. Now, though, I can control my smack talk. Especially since it's completely unwarranted. A lot of what I did was highly unnecessary.

to be honest, i never thought you were a douche, just passionate- there were many more douchier than you.

they didn't read posts, they looked at post costs and started crying "noobs".

If you look at the shit they posted when I first got there and then what was being posted towards the end, there's was little difference. It was just that the older posters simply didn't like the new ones. Jim decided that the board had gone south because people left because there were too many new posters on board, breaking their rythm. But the same bullshit was being posted all along. Jim admitted at the forum that people went to the current events section so they could have their own little place to hang out away from all the garbage on the Giants forum.

I know Golfer is here now and then and might not like this, but he could be real harsh on new people, because he was very well up. Money also was like that.

I have no idea what you are talking about.... :LMAO:

they didn't read posts, they looked at post costs and started crying "noobs".

If you look at the shit they posted when I first got there and then what was being posted towards the end, there's was little difference. It was just that the older posters simply didn't like the new ones. Jim decided that the board had gone south because people left because there were too many new posters on board, breaking their rythm. But the same bullshit was being posted all along. Jim admitted at the forum that people went to the current events section so they could have their own little place to hang out away from all the garbage on the Giants forum.

I know Golfer is here now and then and might not like this, but he could be real harsh on new people, because he was very well up. Money also was like that.

Money was an egotistical douchebag.

I have no idea what you are talking about.... :LMAO:

Sorry, I remember my first few times posting and you came up with your 2 cents and I was like "who the fuck does this guy think he is". I got used to you though and came to accept you for being the egotistical blowhard know it all that you were. :TU:

:P

Money was an egotistical douchebag.

The problem with guys like Money is that he invests a lot of time into his knowledge of the Giants, so when you do that it's hard to swallow some of the stuff that's being spouted off here. Money and I got into a pissing contest about Gibril Wilson one time and it got real personal and frankly over time I ended up being right (just the one time mind you). But Money simply didn't rate Wilson and he'd put the time into the research and I was going on lesser info. So I was irritated about him dismissing my idea, and I got pissed and it just got out of hand. Once I realized to give a little and I believe he did too, it was cool. He still has strong opinions but most of what he says has a lot of thought put into it.

I'm sure there are people here who think I'm a douche, actually I know they do.

Sorry, I remember my first few times posting and you came up with your 2 cents and I was like "who the fuck does this guy think he is". I got used to you though and came to accept you for being the egotistical blowhard know it all that you were. :TU:

:P

Unfortunately, some people took my comments WAY too seriously, unlike you.

Unfortunately, some people took my comments WAY too seriously, unlike you.

When you're a noob, it's a shock when someone actually comes in and not only disagrees with you, but disproves(sic) your idea. You get pissed off then.

You get over it though, you need to.

i got shitted on when i joined that board too, sure i took it a little personally but i knew i knew my shit so i didn't dwell on it too much. money and i had a million arguments, mostly on aim, but on both boards too and it never occurred to me that he was arguing w/ me out of spite--he simply had a different opinion.

i think golfer and money both got bad raps by a lot of people. both, particularly golfer, made it a point to be as matter-of-fact and business-like as possible when they argued w/ people. it got to the poitn where i knew golfer was going out of his way to be as diplomatic as possible while arguing his point. that's not enough for some people though, simply disagreeing with certain people (and i dont mean anyone who's posting in this thread) is enough to set them off and have them take it personally. once in a while money got a little emotional if it went too far--and he rarely provoked the personal element of the argument--but i chalk that up to his age.

i got shitted on when i joined that board too, sure i took it a little personally but i knew i knew my shit so i didn't dwell on it too much. money and i had a million arguments, mostly on aim, but on both boards too and it never occurred to me that he was arguing w/ me out of spite--he simply had a different opinion.

i think golfer and money both got bad raps by a lot of people. both, particularly golfer, made it a point to be as matter-of-fact and business-like as possible when they argued w/ people. it got to the poitn where i knew golfer was going out of his way to be as diplomatic as possible while arguing his point. that's not enough for some people though, simply disagreeing with certain people (and i dont mean anyone who's posting in this thread) is enough to set them off and have them take it personally. once in a while money got a little emotional if it went too far--and he rarely provoked the personal element of the argument--but i chalk that up to his age.

Golf did get ragged on pretty badly, and unfairly. I've gone to bat a couple of times for him on that. He killed one of my threads on the CE and fessed up and apologized when he didn't need to. The problem for Money and Golfer on both boards was when they became mods, because now you had guys who didn't like them because they knew a lot, but now they had the ability to run rule over posts. Money took that position too much to heart IMO and that drove him outta here, or led to it. Golfer, again IMO, was trying to stay on both sides of the line and it was too much. Like a guy like SIG, he asked to be a mod, then tried to be a mod and a poster at the same time, didn't wrok, so he decided "fuck it, I'm a full time mod now".