SportsWrath

Way to go Giants.com

boohyah

Well I'm glad you made it over here "T"...I always look forward to reading your posts. Always well thought out, eloquent, and insightful.

My personal experience with blogs started on that board as well. I went there simply because I was a Giants nutcase and wanted to talk Giants year round. But I stumbled onto the CE section and found myself spending more and more time there until it was about 100% of the time. The board got very raucus and the moderators finally got rid of CE.....hence, I followed the gang over here. I visit that board about once a month and find out that in general, the guys over here know more about football and the Giants than they do over there. An awful lot of naysayers over there and it gets old.....real old. The way many of them talk, the Giants should be 0-16 year after year because every player is no good and every move is bad.

Bleedin, you know how I remember you? Do you remember you and I getting into a little war of words(you killed me BTW) in regards to politics? It was short and sweet, but I remember getting into it shortly with you. I put my 2 cents in and I know next to nothing about politics. :rolleyes: I learned my lesson.

A few of us just thought his post was a put down, to the effect of " you guys aren't like the old guys and because of that this board sucks, and I figured I'll wait till my exact 12000th post to tell you so. It seemed very pretentious.

Anyway, if you come across the photo, I'm the ugly redhead in the back with a beard.

I have no idea what Jason Varitek looks like and I'm very serious about that.

Ahhh, I believe I know what youre talkng about. It was kind of overdramatic.

BTW, Varitek is the catcher for the Red Sux.

Bleedin, you know how I remember you? Do you remember you and I getting into a little war of words(you killed me BTW) in regards to politics? It was short and sweet, but I remember getting into it shortly with you. I put my 2 cents in and I know next to nothing about politics. :rolleyes: I learned my lesson.

I know I've asked before but I didn't see any response: Were you 'The Desert Giant'?

No cheerleaders, no great flashy site......

Just a bunch of SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!

Speaking of the nazi board, how many of us on here are from the orig one back in the day. That migrated over here with some pitstops along the way(i.e. BlueHearts board etc). boo, aint you from giants.com WAY back in the day? Like the JimNasium days?

<------ The poster formerly known as YUGIMOTO. Now known as the Undisputed King of Kings.

Ahhh, I believe I know what youre talkng about. It was kind of overdramatic.

BTW, Varitek is the catcher for the Red Sux.

I know he catches for the Sox, I just never pay attention to what he looks like. I hate the Sox anyway so fuck him.

I'm pretty sure he was the same name there.

Question: If they brought back the CE over there, would anyone go back?

No way! I cannot imagine how many rules there would be and it would be moderated so heavily. How's socal? Have you spoke to him recently?

No way! I cannot imagine how many rules there would be and it would be moderated so heavily. How's socal? Have you spoke to him recently?

Very true on the rules and shit, plus we've all ghotten used to doing pretty much what we want.

Yeah I talk to SoCal, he sent me some beer I need to pick up.

LOL! I think that was pretty much everyone's intro to CE. I got torn a new asshole for suggesting Matt Allen (P)was just as bad as Matt Bryant (K). I was promptly informed in no uncertain terms that my opinion was mud and I had no right to voice it.

I think Allen was cut three weeks later and Feagles was brought in.

It was a pretty harsh place back then.

LOL!!! I wanted to tell them so bad to suck it....in a cerebral way but had no time for flame wars back then. :P

Well I'm glad you made it over here "T"...I always look forward to reading your posts. Always well thought out, eloquent, and insightful.

My personal experience with blogs started on that board as well. I went there simply because I was a Giants nutcase and wanted to talk Giants year round. But I stumbled onto the CE section and found myself spending more and more time there until it was about 100% of the time. The board got very raucus and the moderators finally got rid of CE.....hence, I followed the gang over here. I visit that board about once a month and find out that in general, the guys over here know more about football and the Giants than they do over there. An awful lot of naysayers over there and it gets old.....real old. The way many of them talk, the Giants should be 0-16 year after year because every player is no good and every move is bad.

Yeah thanks for the compliment man. It get kind of old the junior high school shout downs without evidence that they specialize in over there. Finding this site was like finding an oasis in the desert. LOL!!!

I'm pretty sure he was the same name there.

Question: If they brought back the CE over there, would anyone go back?

Id have to say no. I mean, If it could be like before that would be great. but obviously it wouldnt. And if this place was never founded, then maybe, but.......no, probably not.

Anyone remember the HHH Happy hour thread? What a hoot!

I'm from Giants.com, got there about a year before it went down. The Giants invited a bunch of message board members from Giants.com, BBI to come out to Giants stadium about 3-4 years ago(the year fassel left and Coughlin came on board. The idea was to give input and discuss ideas for the website and it was a very good day. Ggirl was at it also. So was Jim nasium and if you remember Sehorn is God he was there also. 27 hampton, Giantgolfer and Money were also invited but couldn't show. I still use the coffee cup they gave us as a freebie. Got the whole tour of the stadium, we were treated real well. That's when Kevin Corbett was running things and that's why I always stood up for Kevin even when the CE section was shut down. He was a good guy.

That's why it irks me to see the site the way it is. Apart from the Podcasts which they actually do a pretty good job with , the rest of the site right now is sub standard. have you seen some of eisen's responses recently, when he does that is. Not one word of thanks was given to Gibril, Kawika and Torbor when they left, they didn't even mention it which I thought was classless. And this fucking banner about the medallions is a joke. It just annoys me the way it is right now.

6 weeks to mention we are superbowl champs........come on, think the Eagles site would let that happen?. Say what you want about them, their website is good.

Bro, I was there too. Still got everything they gave us, execpt all the pics I took. My computer crashed and I lost them all. I was so pissed. <_<

Schalke, I don't want Fenerbache, United have had some bad experiences in Turkey.

And yes, i would pray to the God of Torres if I were a Liverpool fan.

i'm not happy with this ! .....but nice draw for you boo !

Quarter-finals

Arsenal v Liverpool

Roma v Manchester United

Schalke v Barcelona

Fenerbache v Chelsea

First legs to be played on April 1-2.

Second legs to be played on April 8-9.

Semi-finals

Arsenal/Liverpool v Fenerbache/Chelsea

Schalke/Barcelona v Roma/Manchester United

First legs to be played on April 22-23.

Second legs to be played on April 29-30.

Bro, I was there too. Still got everything they gave us, execpt all the pics I took. My computer crashed and I lost them all. I was so pissed. <_<

Jay D, I know this sounds stupid but you used to be known as Jaydog right?. For some reason, I thought that you were not the same person and I never wanted to come right out and ask in case you weren't. My bad man. Do you remember the woman that sat across the table and had driven up with the other kid from VA (I believe his name was Shockey80 but he mainly posted on BBI, very nice guy). Was it just me or did she seem real whack to you?

By the way, I found those Toomer and Strahan posters they gave us up in my attic last week and I'm going to put them up on my sons wall.

Your computer crashed because of my ugly mug on that photo, sorry about that.

i'm not happy with this ! .....but nice draw for you boo !

Quarter-finals

Arsenal v Liverpool

Roma v Manchester United

Schalke v Barcelona

Fenerbache v Chelsea

First legs to be played on April 1-2.

Second legs to be played on April 8-9.

Semi-finals

Arsenal/Liverpool v Fenerbache/Chelsea

Schalke/Barcelona v Roma/Manchester United

First legs to be played on April 22-23.

Second legs to be played on April 29-30.

Not happy with that at all UK, Roma are rolling right now. Unless we can win 7-1 again, yeah right.

But for liverpool, that's not a good draw, you have way too much trouble with Arsenal in general.

And all those brilliant people who gave them that input.

Wasted. <_<

Seriously, don't you just say to yourself WTF??? Ggirl. I mean I appreciate the day out, but in the last few months that site is garbage overall. It's too bad.

Seriously, don't you just say to yourself WTF??? Ggirl. I mean I appreciate the day out, but in the last few months that site is garbage overall. It's too bad.

It was the so called "meeting of the minds" to improve that site. All it did was go down. :(

I did subsequently get invited to do the Sports Illustrated tailgate shoot...got my mug in the centerfold of SI! lol. That I attribute to Kevin's brilliance. ;)

Got some serious benes from being on that site, but I really wish they had taken our advice. :brooding:

Jay D, I know this sounds stupid but you used to be known as Jaydog right?. For some reason, I thought that you were not the same person and I never wanted to come right out and ask in case you weren't. My bad man. Do you remember the woman that sat across the table and had driven up with the other kid from VA (I believe his name was Shockey80 but he mainly posted on BBI, very nice guy). Was it just me or did she seem real whack to you?

By the way, I found those Toomer and Strahan posters they gave us up in my attic last week and I'm going to put them up on my sons wall.

Your computer crashed because of my ugly mug on that photo, sorry about that.

Yep thats me :TU: I was originaly Jaydog here to, but when we had to sign up again, I thought it was time for a change. Im not as gangster as I once was, lol. Im still Jaydog over at the Giants mb, but I hardly ever go there anymore (like many here).

I do remember that lady, though I dont remember much about her. I think she was kinda loud, if I remember correctly.

Funny you should mention the Strahan, and Toomer posters. It was just one hour ago that I moved them to be more of the center of attention in my Giants room. Now that they are champs, It kinda gives new meaning, if you dig what Im saying. And I know you do. :rock:

It really sucked losing those pic's. Sig sent me some of the ones he had, But I had WAY better ones. Some of them were damn near priceless. I wish I knew about snap fish back then. Oh well. :cwy:

It was the so called "meeting of the minds" to improve that site. All it did was go down. :(

I did subsequently get invited to do the Sports Illustrated tailgate shoot...got my mug in the centerfold of SI! lol. That I attribute to Kevin's brilliance. ;)

Got some serious benes from being on that site, but I really wish they had taken our advice. :brooding:

I got invited to that too. But I couldnt get outta work <_< Thats great that you made the centerfold.

I got invited to that too. But I couldnt get outta work <_< Thats great that you made the centerfold.

I got asked to that also but couldn't go, if the picture included me then they wouldnt' have made the centerfold.

I've been waiting since the day after the Super Bowl for Giants.com to post an official Super Bowl Champs wallpaper. Nothing. Still the same 4 boring, cheesy wallpapers from the beginning of the season. Freakin' lame. Anybody have a good one?