SportsWrath

Way to go Giants.com

boohyah

Only 6 weeks after we win the superbowl, the banner reads "home of the superbowl champions". :TU:

Buy your fucking coins however!!!

Nice to see they are so on top of things on that site, after all that input they asked for.

Only 6 weeks after we win the superbowl, the banner reads "home of the superbowl champions". :TU:

Nice to see they are so on top of things on that site, after all that input they asked for.

Booh, you are so right. That site sucks, and it has for a long time. From Eisen on down. They are always behind on everything. But they have podcasts woop di doo. A flagship franchise in the NFL should have a cream of the crop website and it's bottom of the barrel. I rarely waste my time going there anymore, because usually the news breaks much faster on here than it does their own website.

Booh, you are so right. That site sucks, and it has for a long time. From Eisen on down. They are always behind on everything. But they have podcasts woop di doo. A flagship franchise in the NFL should have a cream of the crop website and it's bottom of the barrel. I rarely waste my time going there anymore, because usually the news breaks much faster on here than it does their own website.

No cheerleaders, no great flashy site......

Just a bunch of SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!

Speaking of the nazi board, how many of us on here are from the orig one back in the day. That migrated over here with some pitstops along the way(i.e. BlueHearts board etc). boo, aint you from giants.com WAY back in the day? Like the JimNasium days?

Speaking of the nazi board, how many of us on here are from the orig one back in the day. That migrated over here with some pitstops along the way(i.e. BlueHearts board etc). boo, aint you from giants.com WAY back in the day? Like the JimNasium days?

I came from the cesspool, havent really looked back.

I remember JimNasium. I think I joined over there near the end of his posting career. I'm think I joined in early 2004. Then I completely left the site as soon as they got rid of P & R, and it took me awhile, but I came over here. I never posted at any other Giants site except for this one and Giants.com.

I came over from Giants.com. I was a guest over there because no matter how many times I tried to sign up, it wouldn't let me. I used to read the current events board and laugh my ass off, but then they got rid of it. Thank God for Sportswrath. I remember SehornIsGod taking a lot of shit as a Mod over there.

I'm from Giants.com, got there about a year before it went down. The Giants invited a bunch of message board members from Giants.com, BBI to come out to Giants stadium about 3-4 years ago(the year fassel left and Coughlin came on board. The idea was to give input and discuss ideas for the website and it was a very good day. Ggirl was at it also. So was Jim nasium and if you remember Sehorn is God he was there also. 27 hampton, Giantgolfer and Money were also invited but couldn't show. I still use the coffee cup they gave us as a freebie. Got the whole tour of the stadium, we were treated real well. That's when Kevin Corbett was running things and that's why I always stood up for Kevin even when the CE section was shut down. He was a good guy.

That's why it irks me to see the site the way it is. Apart from the Podcasts which they actually do a pretty good job with , the rest of the site right now is sub standard. have you seen some of eisen's responses recently, when he does that is. Not one word of thanks was given to Gibril, Kawika and Torbor when they left, they didn't even mention it which I thought was classless. And this fucking banner about the medallions is a joke. It just annoys me the way it is right now.

6 weeks to mention we are superbowl champs........come on, think the Eagles site would let that happen?. Say what you want about them, their website is good.

I'm from Giants.com, got there about a year before it went down. The Giants invited a bunch of message board members from Giants.com, BBI to come out to Giants stadium about 3-4 years ago(the year fassel left and Coughlin came on board. The idea was to give input and discuss ideas for the website and it was a very good day. Ggirl was at it also. So was Jim nasium and if you remember Sehorn is God he was there also. 27 hampton, Giantgolfer and Money were also invited but couldn't show. I still use the coffee cup they gave us as a freebie. Got the whole tour of the stadium, we were treated real well. That's when Kevin Corbett was running things and that's why I always stood up for Kevin even when the CE section was shut down. He was a good guy.

That's why it irks me to see the site the way it is. Apart from the Podcasts which they actually do a pretty good job with , the rest of the site right now is sub standard. have you seen some of eisen's responses recently, when he does that is. Not one word of thanks was given to Gibril, Kawika and Torbor when they left, they didn't even mention it which I thought was classless. And this fucking banner about the medallions is a joke. It just annoys me the way it is right now.

6 weeks to mention we are superbowl champs........come on, think the Eagles site would let that happen?. Say what you want about them, their website is good.

I thought you were an oldie but goodie, and thats what probably makes me remember you. The trip to Giants stadium. Not that I was there, but JimNasium is a very good friend of mine. He moved from AZ to Hollywood Fl. and we last spoke during the playoffs and SB. I remember when he went, and you guys all posted about it. Someone posted a pic of all you gusy (and gal, sorry Ggirl!) on the 50 yd line, or somewhere in the field. I thought Hampton made it, but I guess not.

Yeah, that board is shit now, I NEVER go back. What ever happened to Blue Hearts? And her board?

I was on giants.com. Nem sent me an invite to SW1 a little while before the ce got shut down. I've looked at a couple other boards and posted a few times on 1, but for the life of me I can't find a board with a beach theme.

I was on giants.com. Nem sent me an invite to SW1 a little while before the ce got shut down. I've looked at a couple other boards and posted a few times on 1, but for the life of me I can't find a board with a beach theme.

I remember you VG. For the longest time, I thought you were a girl named Virginia. :rolleyes:

I remember you, booyah, Bleedin Blue(Im pretty sure its the same one)Blue in Canada, Treehugger and mickeef.

I thought you were an oldie but goodie, and thats what probably makes me remember you. The trip to Giants stadium. Not that I was there, but JimNasium is a very good friend of mine. He moved from AZ to Hollywood Fl. and we last spoke during the playoffs and SB. I remember when he went, and you guys all posted about it. Someone posted a pic of all you gusy (and gal, sorry Ggirl!) on the 50 yd line, or somewhere in the field. I thought Hampton made it, but I guess not.

Yeah, that board is shit now, I NEVER go back. What ever happened to Blue Hearts? And her board?

Jim did that post on the old CE in which I feel he took a piss on all the posters, and then timed his exit at 12000 posts. I was less than complimentary to him in my response and I've kinda made fun of him since then. I don't understand why guys get so attached to a board that they do shit like that. What made it worse was that after Jim said goodbye, he was seen on the board the rest of the day looking at the responses to his thread. So cal just did a "Jim Nasium", but he's such an odd character that I fully expect his return soon, with some bullshit excuse.

That said I guess I shouldn't be mean about Jim and it's fair enough you guys are friends. I remember that Jim did drive up from Florida for the summit which I admit was pretty impressive and he seemed like a decent enough guy, we didn't really talk much if at all. And yes, there was a picture taken of all of us on the field so for those who have said I've never posted my photo, well it did happen once. I'm an ugly fuck, you're all better off not seeing it!

Jim did that post on the old CE in which I feel he took a piss on all the posters, and then timed his exit at 12000 posts. I was less than complimentary to him in my response and I've kinda made fun of him since then. I don't understand why guys get so attached to a board that they do shit like that. What made it worse was that after Jim said goodbye, he was seen on the board the rest of the day looking at the responses to his thread. So cal just did a "Jim Nasium", but he's such an odd character that I fully expect his return soon, with some bullshit excuse.

That said I guess I shouldn't be mean about Jim and it's fair enough you guys are friends. I remember that Jim did drive up from Florida for the summit which I admit was pretty impressive and he seemed like a decent enough guy, we didn't really talk much if at all. And yes, there was a picture taken of all of us on the field so for those who have said I've never posted my photo, well it did happen once. I'm an ugly fuck, you're all better off not seeing it!

I dont recall what youre referring to. I vaguely remember his farewell post, but I dont remember him trashing posters on his way out. I do remember speaking to him, and how he wanted to leave that board because of how it became, but I dont remember what he did as far as trashing other posters. That was so long ago though, I just cant recall. He's one hell of a HUGE Giant fan, and yes, he's a pretty cool guy, but I can understand if he rubbed you the wrong way(no pun intended). :P

I think I remember you on the pic, yeah, youre ugly.................j/k

Didnt JimNasium look like Jason Varitek? I always thought he did, thats probably why I wanted to piss on him every time I saw him. <_<

I dont recall what youre referring to. I vaguely remember his farewell post, but I dont remember him trashing posters on his way out. I do remember speaking to him, and how he wanted to leave that board because of how it became, but I dont remember what he did as far as trashing other posters. That was so long ago though, I just cant recall. He's one hell of a HUGE Giant fan, and yes, he's a pretty cool guy, but I can understand if he rubbed you the wrong way(no pun intended). :P

I think I remember you on the pic, yeah, youre ugly.................j/k

Didnt JimNasium look like Jason Varitek? I always thought he did, thats probably why I wanted to piss on him every time I saw him. <_<

A few of us just thought his post was a put down, to the effect of " you guys aren't like the old guys and because of that this board sucks, and I figured I'll wait till my exact 12000th post to tell you so. It seemed very pretentious.

Anyway, if you come across the photo, I'm the ugly redhead in the back with a beard.

I have no idea what Jason Varitek looks like and I'm very serious about that.

......Lockhart and his Fag4 cronies are still over there !!!!

( you guys did well to get rid of them all from Sportswrath )

haha really? You would think that shtick would get old by now.

Thank you, thank you very much (in my Elvis voice).

Fenerbache would be nice ( or Roma ) ..........i really dont want Man U or Arsenal !

what about you ?

Thank God for Torres and Gerrard !

Schalke, I don't want Fenerbache, United have had some bad experiences in Turkey.

And yes, i would pray to the God of Torres if I were a Liverpool fan.

Speaking of banners, when are we going to get a SB winner banner? :ph34r:

Also all the CE memories and JimNasium's quitting speech. Good times, good times. Man what a dysfunctional group (still are I guess). I also used to lurk on the old, old board from time to time. The input threads though were definitely a joke. Nothing on the main Giants page were ever changed and it just got more and more crowded and confusing. They could definitely use the axiom that less is more. I used to read Eisen's mailbag much more until the new design. It seems like there is rarely any real questions anymore anyway.

I thought Jim was a decent guy buy holy fuck that was the preachiest exit of all time and he really sunk his own ship in terms of respect for that episode.

I came from there....I think I posted maybe 3 or 4 times only to have some of the 10,000 post schmucks ridicule what I had to say only because I had 3 posts. It was probably one of those Eli sucks kind of posts anyway. I originally went there because I saw them advertised in Giants Insider (a paper I no longer buy as I get all of my Giants information nowadays from here or on my own). Then I saw a stealth post there advertising this site..... and here I is.

I came from there....I think I posted maybe 3 or 4 times only to have some of the 10,000 post schmucks ridicule what I had to say only because I had 3 posts. It was probably one of those Eli sucks kind of posts anyway. I originally went there because I saw them advertised in Giants Insider (a paper I no longer buy as I get all of my Giants information nowadays from here or on my own). Then I saw a stealth post there advertising this site..... and here I is.

LOL! I think that was pretty much everyone's intro to CE. I got torn a new asshole for suggesting Matt Allen (P)was just as bad as Matt Bryant (K). I was promptly informed in no uncertain terms that my opinion was mud and I had no right to voice it.

I think Allen was cut three weeks later and Feagles was brought in.

It was a pretty harsh place back then.

they didn't read posts, they looked at post costs and started crying "noobs".

If you look at the shit they posted when I first got there and then what was being posted towards the end, there's was little difference. It was just that the older posters simply didn't like the new ones. Jim decided that the board had gone south because people left because there were too many new posters on board, breaking their rythm. But the same bullshit was being posted all along. Jim admitted at the forum that people went to the current events section so they could have their own little place to hang out away from all the garbage on the Giants forum.

I know Golfer is here now and then and might not like this, but he could be real harsh on new people, because he was very well up. Money also was like that.

Well I'm glad you made it over here "T"...I always look forward to reading your posts. Always well thought out, eloquent, and insightful.

My personal experience with blogs started on that board as well. I went there simply because I was a Giants nutcase and wanted to talk Giants year round. But I stumbled onto the CE section and found myself spending more and more time there until it was about 100% of the time. The board got very raucus and the moderators finally got rid of CE.....hence, I followed the gang over here. I visit that board about once a month and find out that in general, the guys over here know more about football and the Giants than they do over there. An awful lot of naysayers over there and it gets old.....real old. The way many of them talk, the Giants should be 0-16 year after year because every player is no good and every move is bad.