SportsWrath

Shut up already!!!

BurnThePhilFans

Yes - The Giants did not play well. Yes - There were many drops and missed tackles. Yes - It wasn't pretty. No - We are not in trouble. We played in freakin London on a swamp of a field. We are 6 and 2 and on a 6 game win streak. Our defense is playing great. We have a much better team than the one that played Dallas in the opener. We only need to go 4-4 in the second half to grab a playoff spot (maybe even 3-5 would do it). We WON'T have another slide in the second half. We are healthy! We are getting Steve Smith back. Jacobs, Ward and Plax all have time to heal in the bye weak. Stop your complaining. As far as I'm concerned no team stands in our way of a superbowl appearance other than Dallas. I can't take the pessimistic fans.

Yes - The Giants did not play well. Yes - There were many drops and missed tackles. Yes - It wasn't pretty. No - We are not in trouble. We played in freakin London on a swamp of a field. We are 6 and 2 and on a 6 game win streak. Our defense is playing great. We have a much better team than the one that played Dallas in the opener. We only need to go 4-4 in the second half to grab a playoff spot (maybe even 3-5 would do it). We WON'T have another slide in the second half. We are healthy! We are getting Steve Smith back. Jacobs, Ward and Plax all have time to heal in the bye weak. Stop your complaining. As far as I'm concerned no team stands in our way of a superbowl appearance other than Dallas. I can't take the pessimistic fans.

I wouldn't say people are being pessimistic, as opposed to being realists. Truth is, the Giants should have destroyed Miami. I'm as much a fan as the next homer, but seriously, if you were Dallas, watching that game, would you be worried? If I were Dallas, I would have been much more worried if I had to play the Gmen after the Philly game. Fact is, the Giants had a chance to make a statement, a serious statement, and in true heart-wrenching fashion, our beloved Gmen left it a close game. I'm obviously happy for the win, but the consistency of this team is, as usual, in need of improvement.

I wouldn't say people are being pessimistic, as opposed to being realists. Truth is, the Giants should have destroyed Miami. I'm as much a fan as the next homer, but seriously, if you were Dallas, watching that game, would you be worried? ......but the consistency of this team is, as usual, in need of improvement.

Very true indeed. Giants went over there and played half assed. It's human nature with most teams (exept the Patriots) to slightly lay down against an 0-7 opponent. Plus the field was shitty and even the Giants looked like they were playing just to escape injury.

:huh::huh:

Uhhhh, are you people serious???? Did anyone watch the game?? Half assed? Are you kidding me?? Theres a reason Jacobs had a career high rushing and Eli had only 59 yds passing.......YOU COULDNT THROW THE FREAKIN BALL! No one could, not just Eli. That being a swamp of a field is an understatement. Players were sliding for like ten yds when tackled, geez.

Talk about realistic, lets be that then. :rolleyes:

:huh::huh:

Uhhhh, are you people serious???? Did anyone watch the game?? Half assed? Are you kidding me?? Theres a reason Jacobs had a career high rushing and Eli had only 59 yds passing.......YOU COULDNT THROW THE FREAKIN BALL! No one could, not just Eli. That being a swamp of a field is an understatement. Players were sliding for like ten yds when tackled, geez.

Whoever or whatever was a at fault (weather, half assed, etc)....would you agree that the Giants were supposed to be a much superior team? Eli is a much better QB than Lemon, right? But Lemon throws a perfect strike to Ted Ginn for a late TD and Eli missed a wide open Toomer. So if 'no one' could throw why is it that Lemon (a scrub) completed more passes than Eli? Like I said I do believe the Giants let human nature sink in because they were playing a 0-7 team and the field was sloppy. The G men wanted to get a win instead of punishing the Dolphins. And I say that because IF Eli couldn't throw well in those conditions....he could have fed Jacobs the ball more and I do believe the score would have stayed 13-3. At one point the Giants kept flingng bad passes when Jacobs could have easily had 180 yds rushing.

(P.S. I will take a win and I am happy with 6-2)

I said this earlier in the week and stand by it. Playing in a neutral site worked in Miami's favor. They didn't have to contend with a particularly hostile crowd, and they didn't have their local press nipping at their heels like they would have in Miami. Any distraction they dealt with was a nice change for them, while it worked towards breaking the rhythm we've established over the last few games.

If the field was as bad as I'm reading here (I was stuck with the Philly game), then that works for the team that can get the best traction, not the team with the best talent.

I'll take it.

The whole "field" thing, is overated. It was the same for both teams. Cleo Lemon clearly had problems throwing and fielding the ball yesterday and even one slipped out of his hands.

Eli throwing errant passes over guys heads yesterday had nothing to do with weather, he threw bad passes that's all. Some of those passes that he hit that were dropped were simply mistakes. These guys have played in rain before. Pro footballers have the best of everything, they wear the best gloves, wear undershirts with long sleeves to help grip a ball when caught. They even have glove heaters for Christ sakes "glove heaters!!!".

The whole "field" thing, is overated. It was the same for both teams. Cleo Lemon clearly had problems throwing and fielding the ball yesterday and even one slipped out of his hands.

Eli throwing errant passes over guys heads yesterday had nothing to do with weather, he threw bad passes that's all. Some of those passes that he hit that were dropped were simply mistakes. These guys have played in rain before. Pro footballers have the best of everything, they wear the best gloves, wear undershirts with long sleeves to help grip a ball when caught. They even have glove heaters for Christ sakes "glove heaters!!!".

Weren't many players taking off their gloves because they couldn't grip the ball?

Weren't many players taking off their gloves because they couldn't grip the ball?

Possibly, but my point is, when you drop the ball, you look for excuses, and one that is often pointed out is gloves. It's a crock, explain Ted Ginn's catch.

Two good things.

1. Manning tucked the ball and ran again - but scored this time - he is really sacking up this year.

2. The Giants played down to the competition as is their habit...but they won...which hasn't been their habit when they've play down to the competition in the past.

Six weeks ago people were about to open a vein because the Giants stunk and the "season was over"...now people are about to do the same thing for not winning big enough.

Thank God things are back to normal around here.

C. Wagon

MODERATORS...MODERATORS? WHERE ARE YOU WHEN WE NEED YOU? :o

BAN HIM! BAN HIM NOW!

BAN HIM FOR BEING OBJECTIVE AND NOT MAKING EXCUSES! :yikes:

WE CANNOT TOLERATE THIS TYPE OF HONESTY ON THESE BOARDS! NOT FOR A MINUTE! :puke:

The weather had everything to do with the play of both teams. Anyone who's ever played football in real life under the same conditions can attest to that. The balls slightly sailing on Eli and barely skipping the catcher's hand are typical under the current conditions.

And the field was more fit for figure skating than football. These are the facts and we won an ugly one. Besides, we've been destroying teams to get to 6-2 haven't we?

Glad we got out of there without injuries... now let's rest up and get ready for the NFC showdown against the boys.

The weather had everything to do with the play of both teams. Anyone who's ever played football in real life under the same conditions can attest to that. The balls slightly sailing on Eli and barely skipping the catcher's hand are typical under the current conditions.

And the field was more fit for figure skating than football. These are the facts and we won an ugly one. Besides, we've been destroying teams to get to 6-2 haven't we?

Glad we got out of there without injuries... now let's rest up and get ready for the NFC showdown against the boys.

Both teams is the key term Nas. And Eli overthrowing Amani Toomer wide open in the endzone by about a yard high has little to do with weather, that was an awful pass.

Both teams is the key term Nas. And Eli overthrowing Amani Toomer wide open in the endzone by about a yard high has little to do with weather, that was an awful pass.

C'mon boo, when Nas is 100% right, dont try to to fight it. :rolleyes:

I do understand why alot of you are saying the conditions had nothing to do with it, we are Giant fans, we like to complain. But lets be realistic. Eli's bad throw to Toomer had EVERYTHING to do with the weather. Lemon had more completions and that garbage time TD to Ginn because he HAD to throw. He had no choice, it was his only possibility to win.

Whoever or whatever was a at fault (weather, half assed, etc)....would you agree that the Giants were supposed to be a much superior team? Eli is a much better QB than Lemon, right? But Lemon throws a perfect strike to Ted Ginn for a late TD and Eli missed a wide open Toomer. So if 'no one' could throw why is it that Lemon (a scrub) completed more passes than Eli? Like I said I do believe the Giants let human nature sink in because they were playing a 0-7 team and the field was sloppy. The G men wanted to get a win instead of punishing the Dolphins. And I say that because IF Eli couldn't throw well in those conditions....he could have fed Jacobs the ball more and I do believe the score would have stayed 13-3. At one point the Giants kept flingng bad passes when Jacobs could have easily had 180 yds rushing.

(P.S. I will take a win and I am happy with 6-2)

Oh yeah, the Giants ARE w/o a doubt the superior team. Thats why we came out with a win in horrible conditions. Yes, Lemon threw a perfect strike to Ginn, as Eli had a couple of perfect stikes, although they werent for TD's. But my point is, aside from the few perfect strikes, no one was catching balls. Why dont you mention Lemon just losing the ball outright because it slipped out of his hands? Eli didnt do that. The way Eli was affected by the weather was the overthrow to Toomer. Lemon completed more passes than Eli, because he had to throw more, and those came at the end of the game.

Sorry everyone, if you dont realize that the conditions were the reason, youre just lying to yourself. But hey, we got the win, now lets destroy the cowgirlz.

I'd like to add one more excuse, Whats up with the refs letting WA rape plax the whole game? Terrible officiating. Just terrible.

Anyhow, if plax caught those 2 passes (for TD's) we would have destroyed Miami. Plax not practicing is really starting to show, this isnt the first week he's dropped a few VERY important passes. Hope after this week off, he can begin to practice.

Oh yeah, the Giants ARE w/o a doubt the superior team. Thats why we came out with a win in horrible conditions. Yes, Lemon threw a perfect strike to Ginn, as Eli had a couple of perfect stikes, although they werent for TD's. But my point is, aside from the few perfect strikes, no one was catching balls. Why dont you mention Lemon just losing the ball outright because it slipped out of his hands? Eli didnt do that. The way Eli was affected by the weather was the overthrow to Toomer. Lemon completed more passes than Eli, because he had to throw more, and those came at the end of the game.

Sorry everyone, if you dont realize that the conditions were the reason, youre just lying to yourself. But hey, we got the win, now lets destroy the cowgirlz.

Im with you Bigblue, terrible weather conditions, terrible field conditions. I just thank God no one got hurt, and we came out with a win.

Im with you Bigblue, terrible weather conditions, terrible field conditions. I just thank God no one got hurt, and we came out with a win.

YES! That was my biggest surprise. I was thinking the whole game that we were gonna start our injury list growing. Were lucky no one got hurt. All that happened is no one could stand very long..lol! :rolleyes:

Wet/muddy ball has the tendency to slip from your hand early in the release causing it to sail high. That's why there were so many. Factor in that the wideouts had no footing to jump for them.

Ginn's catch was one catch, there is much more evidence that the ball was hard to throw and catch.

I'd like to add one more excuse, Whats up with the refs letting WA rape plax the whole game? Terrible officiating. Just terrible.

Anyhow, if plax caught those 2 passes (for TD's) we would have destroyed Miami. Plax not practicing is really starting to show, this isnt the first week he's dropped a few VERY important passes. Hope after this week off, he can begin to practice.

I agree. Despite what Plax has done this season, he doesn't play as hard as he's capable of. Anyone who's 6 4 and in the NFL should catch passes thrown high. What Plax is doing is nothing special. He did look like his mind was somewhere else during the game.

Wet/muddy ball has the tendency to slip from your hand early in the release causing it to sail high. That's why there were so many. Factor in that the wideouts had no footing to jump for them.

Ginn's catch was one catch, there is much more evidence that the ball was hard to throw and catch.

Nesta, seriously, wet ball, muddy ball. If you think that pass got away from Eli then you're making excuses for him. That was an awful throw. Toomer couldn't have been more open and all it need was a soft throw over the middle, he gunned it.

Nesta, seriously, wet ball, muddy ball. If you think that pass got away from Eli then you're making excuses for him. That was an awful throw. Toomer couldn't have been more open and all it need was a soft throw over the middle, he gunned it.

boo, my man, why are you going to great lengths to try and prove Eli made a bad throw? :huh: nesta is 100% right, you cant grip a muddy/wet ball, and if Toomer could have jumped, he actually would have caught that. Didnt you notice Toomer didnt even jump?

boo, my man, why are you going to great lengths to try and prove Eli made a bad throw? :huh: nesta is 100% right, you cant grip a muddy/wet ball, and if Toomer could have jumped, he actually would have caught that. Didnt you notice Toomer didnt even jump?

BigBlue, he did jump and reach for it.

However, if the ball was thrown right HE SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO LEAVE HIS FEET. It was a bad throw guys. This is not an Eli hatefest, and if you think it is let me counteract by saying that I was impressed that Eli pulled the ball down and ran with it, which is something he wouldn't do in previous years, and I was very encouraged by this development.

BigBlue, he did jump and reach for it.

However, if the ball was thrown right HE SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO LEAVE HIS FEET. It was a bad throw guys. This is not an Eli hatefest, and if you think it is let me counteract by saying that I was impressed that Eli pulled the ball down and ran with it, which is something he wouldn't do in previous years, and I was very encouraged by this development.

No ones saying it wasnt a bad throw. It was bad because it was muddy and wet. And Im sorry, maybe you didnt get my point about Amani. OK, yeah, he jumped. But what a pathetic excuse for a jump. Why was it so pathetic? Because the field was muddy and wet, no traction. See how it all comes together? :rolleyes:

All Im saying is, let us play like that against an inferior team on good field and weather conditions. If we do, Ill bash the Gmen for underperforming. But weve been smashing inferior teams. All of a sudden, we play a close one to the worst team in the NFL? Hmmmmm, I wonder why? <_<

There's no need for excuses to be made. Everyone saw the field conditions and what it did to everyone's game. Dropped passes, slips, fumbles, errant throws on both sides. I'm not saying it's the reason for every mistake, I'm saying it is the reason for most of them.