SportsWrath

So, is this the dominant pass rushing press coverage defense

Virginia Giant

Our corners were fine initially. TO had no catches in the first half. I don't recall any other WR lighting it up in the first half.

The real problems:

1. Strahan or no Strahan, we had no pass rush. With Osi getting injured, things didn't get any better.

2. Can we cover the tight end sometime? Just once, that's all I'm asking. Or when he is 'covered', try to be within 10 yards of him. I've never seen the tight end that wide open on such a repetitive basis in my life.

3. Conditioning...why is it that our team dies off in the 3rd quarter?

4. Injuries - hopefully none are serious, season-ending ones, but if any one of them is; it's bad, bad news. Then again, high draft picks are nice incentives to attract new coaches in the offseason.

A couple of things I liked

1. Jacobs - played well in his first start up untiil he got injured. He's not going to be Tiki. Tiki would do better in the first half. Jacobs is going to be better in the 2nd half provided his conditioning is up to par. Hopefully his injury isn't that bad.

2. Manning - played well. Only real mistake, the interception, wasn't his fault. He seemed more in charge than he has in the past. I agree with Madden in that they should turn the reigns over to Manning a little more or at least open up the offense. It seemed to work better than the 1 or 2 WR sets.

3. Offensive line - given the changes and loss of Petitgout without any real replacement, I think they did okay. Not singing them lots of praises or anything, but they did okay.

Year in and year out, our secondary sits with their thumbs up their asses and never are we ever able to bring in someone to change that.

The TE is a position that our defense does not know exists and it has been so for a very long time, and still and TE waltzes through the defense like a stroll in the park.

When will this shit change?

Year in and year out, our secondary sits with their thumbs up their asses and never are we ever able to bring in someone to change that.

The TE is a position that our defense does not know exists and it has been so for a very long time, and still and TE waltzes through the defense like a stroll in the park.

When will this shit change?

Hmmm, yet another reason why Shockey should practice in NY and not Miami....

is there even a remote possibility we can get chris mcalister next season? our secondary is awful and it looks as if teams are going to expose kiwanuka until he gets more experience at the posisition. The only thing I fear about this teams future is that it will be too late by the time the defense catches up with the offense. I feel that once the defense becomes good, the offense will be old and not nearly as good.

You have to admit that Dallas has one pretty fucking good O-Line though. I would have like to see more LB blitzing to shake them up, and not have Wilson playing so close to the line all the time, maybe even covering a TE on occasion. Spag's lack of adjustment to Witten was criminal. 5 completions on the same throw. Adjust? No, TD Witten over the middle. :brooding:

Webster needs to be beaten for that lame budge attempt he put on Barber on his TD run. Instead he bounced off Barber and let him put the game out of our reach. USE YOUR FUCKING ARMS WHEN YOU TACKLE! Fuck.