Nas

QB  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB would you rather have

• Eli Manning
    • Big Ben
    • Rivers
    • Other (name him... or her)
  2. 2. For those who didn't select Eli, did you think that in 2004?

• Yes
    • No

I'd still take Eli Manning.

Big Ben- I could play Quarterback with that dumbed down system they have in Pittsburgh, he isn't that good

and it showed last year.

Philip Rivers- Again, how good do you have to be to hand the ball off to LaDainian Tomlinson?

Sure, Ben has a ring, but it's not like he lead the Steelers to the victory. He had an amazing defense, great running game and wide recievers

that don't quit on routes.

What has Philip Rivers done to warrant anything? I could hand the ball off to someone who scored over 35 touchdowns

this year. Rivers got exposed in the playoffs.

I don't get where this 'eli sucks' comes from?

The kid shows flashes of greatness, but like most young qbs he's inconsistent.

I don't either. But somehow we have fans who're hill bent on dissing the kid and I'm sick of it.

I don't get where this 'eli sucks' comes from?

The kid shows flashes of greatness, but like most young qbs he's inconsistent.

Nesta???? Something positive about Eli? I thought you'd bash him too like u do with the other 49 Giants players.

:rolleyes::)

Big Ben- I could play Quarterback with that dumbed down system they have in Pittsburgh, he isn't that good

and it showed last year.

Philip Rivers- Again, how good do you have to be to hand the ball off to LaDainian Tomlinson?

Sure, Ben has a ring, but it's not like he lead the Steelers to the victory. He had an amazing defense, great running game and wide recievers

What has Philip Rivers done to warrant anything? I could hand the ball off to someone who scored over 35 touchdowns

Correct a good defense can definitely get you a ring......where is Trent Dilfer these days. :rolleyes::confused: The only other way he would have gotten it would have to be either stealing or buying a ring in auction.

Nesta???? Something positive about Eli? I thought you'd bash him too like u do with the other 49 Giants players.

:rolleyes::)

I think you've got me confused with someone else. :confused:

I've never been an Eli basher, nor a team basher.

I think I'm the guy who Nas is talking about.

I've also said that the Giants did not make a mistake getting eli over Ben and Rivers because in college Eli was the better QB.

However I did want us to draft Robert gallery. :unsure:

You know I got to thinking the other day about ELI and there was one thing that stuck in my head that I could not ignore. If you asked me on draft day 2004, "Would you be happy if ELI and the Giants struggle in year one as he learns the ropes, but after 2 years as a starter,he will have 50 Td's, a division title and another playoff appearance under his belt" I would have said "fuck yeah, where do I sign". Thus my opinion is that I am happy with the progress and am ready to see him step up to an even better level.

and it showed last year.

Tomlinson threw for a couple touchdowns this year. He was other-worldly.

I think I'm the guy who Nas is talking about.

I've also said that the Giants did not make a mistake getting eli over Ben and Rivers because in college Eli was the better QB.

However I did want us to draft Robert gallery. :unsure:

No boohyah, you're not the person I was talking about. I remember the debate about getting Gallery was lively and I didn't think it was outrageous to get him given the hype.

What bothers me is that we have this guy as our starting QB and some people think of him like he should be a back up somewhere.

You know I got to thinking the other day about ELI and there was one thing that stuck in my head that I could not ignore. If you asked me on draft day 2004, "Would you be happy if ELI and the Giants struggle in year one as he learns the ropes, but after 2 years as a starter,he will have 50 Td's, a division title and another playoff appearance under his belt" I would have said "fuck yeah, where do I sign". Thus my opinion is that I am happy with the progress and am ready to see him step up to an even better level.

:clap::clap::clap:

He doesn't suck so bad but he didn't make as much progress as I would have liked last year. Yes, you can give some of that blame to his coaches and to the receivers but until he figures out a way to throw in zone coverage, he will be destined to be just satisfactory

He doesn't suck so bad but he didn't make as much progress as I would have liked last year. Yes, you can give some of that blame to his coaches and to the receivers but until he figures out a way to throw in zone coverage, he will be destined to be just satisfactory
We didn't draft a qb and there appeared to be several with good qualities available at several points during our picks. I just wonder if we had drafted one, would that have pushed Eli to improve his shortcomings? With our present back-ups, he really has no fear for his job. One thing I learned during my long life is that:" Fear is a great motivator".

We didn't draft a qb and there appeared to be several with good qualities available at several points during our picks. I just wonder if we had drafted one, would that have pushed Eli to improve his shortcomings? With our present back-ups, he really has no fear for his job. One thing I learned during my long life is that:" Fear is a great motivator".

fixed :)

[/quote We didn't draft a qb and there appeared to be several with good qualities available at several points during our picks. I just wonder if we had drafted one, would that have pushed Eli to improve his shortcomings? With our present back-ups, he really has no fear for his job. One thing I learned during my long life is that:" Fear is a great motivator".

He plays in New York for a coach that knows he's likely to lose his job unless he pulls off something incredible, I'm sure there is some fear for his job. But I'm not sure if Eli is the type that would respond positively to fear.

Hopefully this year he has all his weapons for the entire season, by the looks of things he has an abundance of them.

I don't either. But somehow we have fans who're hill bent on dissing the kid and I'm sick of it.

I like Eli, I just think he needs to "man up" a little and stand firm in the pocket. He'll be great when he stops playing scared.

In order that year, I wanted Gallery, then Big Ben.

Ben has more size, mobility, arm strength, and accuracy than Eli (not that either one is terribly accurate).

My main problem with Eli is his accuracy. He misses receivers left and right (his completion % hovers around 50%) and even when he hits them, it's hardly ever in the numbers. How many times have Plax, Shock and co. had to stretch out, jump up, or make a shoestring catch to haul in an Eli pass? I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I saw Eli hit a guy in stride for a big play. Yeah, he's showed up for big comebacks (Dallas, Denver, Eagles) but he's cost us some pretty big games too with dumb mistakes late (Tennessee, Jacksonville). I don't put all the losses on Eli, and bad coaching has no doubt stunted his growth, but bad coaching doesn't have you miss an open receiver by ten yards, or throw a ball up for grabs on second down with a minute left in a game that's tied in the fourth.

The trade makes me even more angry, but Eli has not come as advertised (smarts, big arm, good mechanics).

Ben has more size, mobility, arm strength, and accuracy than Eli (not that either one is terribly accurate).

My main problem with Eli is his accuracy. He misses receivers left and right (his completion % hovers around 50%) and even when he hits them, it's hardly ever in the numbers. How many times have Plax, Shock and co. had to stretch out, jump up, or make a shoestring catch to haul in an Eli pass? I can honestly say I can't remember the last time I saw Eli hit a guy in stride for a big play. Yeah, he's showed up for big comebacks (Dallas, Denver, Eagles) but he's cost us some pretty big games too with dumb mistakes late (Tennessee, Jacksonville). I don't put all the losses on Eli, and bad coaching has no doubt stunted his growth, but bad coaching doesn't have you miss an open receiver by ten yards, or throw a ball up for grabs on second down with a minute left in a game that's tied in the fourth.

The trade makes me even more angry, but Eli has not come as advertised (smarts, big arm, good mechanics).

I kinda agree. But there has also been many times were WR's would get hit in the numbers just to drop it.

Tennessee game, up by 21 points with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter, let's throw the ball.

I am so glad Huffnagel is gone, I expect the offense to flourish this year.

I see your points but I think bad coaching had a lot to do with everything... even throwing the ball accurately. Just because one is a pro, it doesn't make him perfect or near perfect. Usually it takes someone other than yourself watching you do something to tell what you're doing right or wrong. For example: I've been working out for quite a few years and sometimes I think I can do no wrong. Yet someone in the gym may point out that I'm going to fast or not breathing... etc... things that I usually point out to other people.

Hey, Tiki didn't stop fumbling till somebody pointed out his grip on the ball, no?

And we pretty much see how balls sail on Eli.. always back-pedaling throwing off his back foot.

Back in 2004 I debated drafting Gallery or Big Ben... because that's what everyone was talking about (I know shit about college football)... but come to think of it, do you really wanna waste your first rounder pick on an OL? imho no. Yes sometimes there are these superstars but how rarely do they come? Had we drafted Gallery, how do you feel about Kurt Warner at QB?

Big Ben? Yeah.. could've gone either way. I think Eli is the better QB. Our problem has been our Defense. Our Offensive #s are respectable.