Nas

QB  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB would you rather have

• Eli Manning
    • Big Ben
    • Rivers
    • Other (name him... or her)
  2. 2. For those who didn't select Eli, did you think that in 2004?

• Yes
    • No

I think he played well in week 1,2, 5,13,14 and he played ok in the 7,8 enough for us to win anyway.

But you're right about his consistency he needs to step it up this year.

Eli is at his best when he's active in the pocket. The way he slides out of trouble, sometimes he reminds me of Brady. And he is more mobile than people think. When he takes off and runs for a first down, I know that Eli is playing well because he's taking command, he's seeing everything and making plays. There was a play against Dallas when he rolled out of trouble to his left, threw across his body on the run, and hit Shockey in the end zone for a TD. He played well in that game. I want to see more of THAT Eli.

It's his fault because he threw them to the wrong team. :confused:

How can you defend a guy's performance in a game in which he threw 4 picks?

Just an observation: Not every INT is the QBs fault. The INT against TN when Plax quit on the play and let Pacman intercept it was Plax's fault. He stopped running and Pacman didn't. Many passes bounced off the receivers' hands. I'm not giving Eli a free pass here.. just saying.

Eli Manning's 2006 Stats, scroll down a bit.

Eli had a terrible 3 game stretch vs the Bears, Jacksonville and Tennessee.

The Bears and Jacksonville games were horrible by Eli, Tiki and everyone involved by the New York Giants.

Tennessee: Giants are up by 21 with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Hufnagel decides to throw the ball.

Again up by 21 points, we throw the ball. Eli Manning has one on one coverage on Plaxico, expect Plaxico decides to

take that play off and just quit on the ball. The Titans score 3 touchdowns in 7 minutes due to a missed sack

by Mathias Kiwanuka and a boneheaded interference play by "all-pro" Frank Walker. Giants then get the ball.

Eli throws to David Tyree who starts to loaf on his route, Pac-man Jones jumps in front of it.

While I agree Eli Manning is part of the problem, his receivers are too. When was the last time you saw

a Giants wideout besides Amani Toomer come back for the ball? I haven't, at all. Boneheaded play calling

is also part of the problem.

I also like the fact that Kevin Gilbride will not coddle Eli, it seems John Hufnagel did. Hufnagel couldn't harm a plant,

he is too nice of a guy. You saw it against Philly, Eli threw a bad interception and Gilbride was all over him.

My projected stats for Eli Manning this year. 28 Touchdowns 11 Interceptions, 3,800 yards.

Put it in your signature or whatever, I bet you Eli goes for those numbers.

You're right about our receivers. I said it when Toomer went down that it was going to be a huge loss, and some people said I was crazy because we still had Shockey and Plax. Toomer is something those guys aren't...PROFESSIONAL.

Those are some lofty numbers you have projected for Eli. I will not bet against you because if he has those numbers, the Giants are probably going to the playoffs. So I'm rooting for 3,800, 28 and 11.

Just an observation: Not every INT is the QBs fault. The INT against TN when Plax quit on the play and let Pacman intercept it was Plax's fault. He stopped running and Pacman didn't. Many passes bounced off the receivers' hands. I'm not giving Eli a free pass here.. just saying.

I hear you, but he was referring to the Minnesota game in 2005, and one pick stands out. The one that was thrown right to the safety (inside the 10 yard line) and returned for a TD.

Eli Manning's Stats

Ben Roethlisberger's Stats

Look at how many times Eli Manning has thrown the ball over 30 times. I counted 25

On the other hand, look how many times Roethlisberger has thrown the ball over 30 times. I counted 10.

That's incredible, obviously if you look at Ben's stats he really isn't that good. 17 TDs to 9 Ints. Compared to Eli's

24 and 17. They are pretty much the same, just imagine if Ben threw has many times as Eli has in his career.

All this while we had Tiki Barber in the prime of his career. THANK GOD JOHN HUFNAGLE IS NOT HERE ANYMORE.

On a side note, I was watching NFL Network talking about the top 10 all time busts, no Ron Dayne was not on it, but

I digress. They were talking about Tim Couch and ironically, they had John Hufnagel talking about him in 1999.

Said he was going to be a star in this league. Hell, he even went as far to say that Akili Smith was going to be good

as well, while totally discounting Donovan McNabb.

Tim Couch and Akili Smith are nice guys.

McNabb is a probowler year in and year out.

I hear you, but he was referring to the Minnesota game in 2005, and one pick stands out. The one that was thrown right to the safety (inside the 10 yard line) and returned for a TD.

My fault.

Tennessee: Giants are up by 21 with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Hufnagel decides to throw the ball.

Again up by 21 points, we throw the ball. Eli Manning has one on one coverage on Plaxico, expect Plaxico decides to take that play off and just quit on the ball. The Titans score 3 touchdowns in 7 minutes due to a missed sack by Mathias Kiwanuka and a boneheaded interference play by "all-pro" Frank Walker. Giants then get the ball. Eli throws to David Tyree who starts to loaf on his route, Pac-man Jones jumps in front of it.

:cwy:

Eli is at his best when he's active in the pocket. The way he slides out of trouble, sometimes he reminds me of Brady. And he is more mobile than people think. When he takes off and runs for a first down, I know that Eli is playing well because he's taking command, he's seeing everything and making plays. There was a play against Dallas when he rolled out of trouble to his left, threw across his body on the run, and hit Shockey in the end zone for a TD. He played well in that game. I want to see more of THAT Eli.
I remember that game as well. Eli threw 2 interceptions that game, but took charge in the 4th quarter.

I also remember his spin move to avoid a sack and hit Plaxico Burress on the next play to the one you

are talking about.

You're right about our receivers. I said it when Toomer went down that it was going to be a huge loss, and some people said I was crazy because we still had Shockey and Plax. Toomer is something those guys aren't...PROFESSIONAL.

Those are some lofty numbers you have projected for Eli. I will not bet against you because if he has those numbers, the Giants are probably going to the playoffs. So I'm rooting for 3,800, 28 and 11.

I totally agree, I knew Toomer was going to be bad loss, he had great chemistry with Eli Manning, as evidence he always came

back to Eli's balls and I can tell Eli lost the proverbial "Linus blanket" with Amani going out of commission. Hopefully he can get the

same chemistry with Steve Smith, who looks like a Toomer clone, just shorter. Good route runner, deceptive speed and great hands.

I think Eli can do it, we have all seen him at his best when he is a top 5 QB in the league, when he absolut-fucking-utly

trounces "big" Ben Roethlisberger and "look at me I can hand it off to the NFL MVP 55 times a game" Philip Rivers.

I'm a full Eli supporter, but I don't use the Vikings game for his support.

He threw two INTs to the same person inside the 10. If you remember with about 4 minutes left, it was third and short at our own 5 and Eli threw one that Sharper picked off and brought back to the 40.

I can't blame our defense for that loss. I can say that they were completely gutless, which is true, but I can't blame them.

Same goes for the Eagles game. The D played much better then I thought. No points in the 2nd half until that last drive. Unfortunately, that last drive once again proved how pussy-like our defense was under Tim Lewis. That's why I'm excited to bring Spags and his Eagles-defense mentality over here.

I'm a full Eli supporter, but I don't use the Vikings game for his support.

He threw two INTs to the same person inside the 10. If you remember with about 4 minutes left, it was third and short at our own 5 and Eli threw one that Sharper picked off and brought back to the 40.

I can't blame our defense for that loss. I can say that they were completely gutless, which is true, but I can't blame them.

Same goes for the Eagles game. The D played much better then I thought. No points in the 2nd half until that last drive. Unfortunately, that last drive once again proved how pussy-like our defense was under Tim Lewis. That's why I'm excited to bring Spags and his Eagles-defense mentality over here.

Lets not forget in that Viking game, 2 int came from the ball hitting the WR's hand. One of the WR being A. Toomer.

Lets not forget in that Viking game, 2 int came from the ball hitting the WR's hand. One of the WR being A. Toomer.

yeah I think that was the red zone pick i was referring to.

I think it was thrown a little bit behind Amani and fell into the wrong hands. I was at the game so didn't get the best view nor did i get replays.

Eli had a bad game, and stepped up when was needed. The defense had an awesome game, and faltered when needed. That's all I'll say about that one.