SportsWrath

Saints fan coming up for Christmas Eve game...

WhoDatSaints

My girlfriend and I will be traveling to East Rutherford for the game. I will be coming from Mississippi State University and she will be coming from Central PA where we grew up. She is a big Giants fan since her family is from New York and I am a big Saints fan since I was born on the MS Gulf Coast and lived there for a few years. I was able to get ahold of tickets in Mezzanine section 234. Does anyone know what the Mezzanine level is like? Is it just like all the others or is it all fancied up like at the Super Dome? Are these seats pretty good? We have reservations at the Hampton Inn...is that the best place to stay? Any other tips or help would be great...Well thanks for your help! I can't wait to get up there and chear on my Saints while they whoops your butts! :P But, seriously, I hope it's a good, safe game for everyone.

By the way...I have Saints season tickets and I have sold them for the 3 games I couldnt go to so far. These two tickets cost as much as I made off of all three of those games. Just goes to show you the different markets even with the Saints recent rebirth.

My girlfriend and I will be traveling to East Rutherford for the game. I will be coming from Mississippi State University and she will be coming from Central PA where we grew up. She is a big Giants fan since her family is from New York and I am a big Saints fan since I was born on the MS Gulf Coast and lived there for a few years. I was able to get ahold of tickets in Mezzanine section 234. Does anyone know what the Mezzanine level is like? Is it just like all the others or is it all fancied up like at the Super Dome? Are these seats pretty good? We have reservations at the Hampton Inn...is that the best place to stay? Any other tips or help would be great...Well thanks for your help! I can't wait to get up there and chear on my Saints while they whoops your butts! :P But, seriously, I hope it's a good, safe game for everyone.

By the way...I have Saints season tickets and I have sold them for the 3 games I couldnt go to so far. These two tickets cost as much as I made off of all three of those games. Just goes to show you the different markets even with the Saints recent rebirth.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be much help to you, but have a good time. Hope your girlfriend leaves with a smile on her face. ;)

Never been in the mezzanine--But I do know it's covered, so if we have weather, you won't get rained on. I've been on the upper and lower levels and have never had a bad seat.

layout of the stadium

And tell Joe Horn to leave the cell phone at home--he won't be needing it. :P

The Hampton Inn, where? Newark? You will be fine if you stay in your room but dont go wandering around that neighborhood !

Enjoy the game I just hope you leave the stadium with a frown on your face :TU:

:LMAO: Yeah Newark is shit.

It's good to see fans of other teams on this site. Welcome aboard man. I'm impressed by the Saints especally that whooping they put on the cowboys. I, too, hope your gf leaves with a smile on her face.

Ha...I'm not that other Saints fan from a while ago. I just stumbled upon this board once the official board rejected me for some reason. Do they not like opposing teams fans on their board?

The hotel is the Hampton Inn Carlstadt-At The Meadowlands.

It's not a big deal about the Mezzanine not being fancied up...just seeing if Kim had a place to go warm up once the game became a blowout...like maybe Saints up 42-17. :)

But, seriously, I's frum M'sippi and I's be bringing my shotgun. So dem thugs in Newark don't bother me one bit. Ok...not so seriously.

For real though...I have Saints season tickets and it can't get much worse than New Orleans. We are well versed in ways to stay safe in outrageously and unnecesarily dangerous towns.

Thanks for being so welcoming. I just hope the crowd around me is 1/2 as hospitable. I know our section can be very rough on opposing fans at the Dome. But, then again most of them bring it on themselves. So I promise not to paint my face, ring my cowbell and yell "you suck Eli," or be overly praising of my team when they do well while giving the Giants fans around me a hard time when they screw up.

Ha...I'm not that other Saints fan from a while ago. I just stumbled upon this board once the official board rejected me for some reason. Do they not like opposing teams fans on their board?

It's not a big deal about the Mezzanine not being fancied up...just seeing if Kim had a place to go warm up once the game became a blowout...like maybe Saints up 42-17. :)

But, seriously, I's frum M'sippi and I's be bringing my shotgun. So dem thugs in Newark don't bother me one bit. Ok...not so seriously.

For real though...I have Saints season tickets and it can't get much worse than New Orleans. We are well versed in ways to stay safe in outrageously and unnecesarily dangerous towns.

Thanks for being so welcoming. I just hope the crowd around me is 1/2 as hospitable. I know our section can be very rough on opposing fans at the Dome. But, then again most of them bring it on themselves. So I promise not to paint my face, ring my cowbell and yell "you suck Eli," or be overly praising of my team when they do well while giving the Giants fans around me a hard time when they screw up.

You should go to a game in Philadelphia. Nothing like you have ever experienced before.

Oh and I really think it will be a good game. You guys should be much healthier by then. And when the Giants are healthy they are pretty freakin good team. Eli sucks but that Dockery guy is amazing!

I went to the Eagles/Saints game at the Dome earlier this year. Worst fans we have had. But, I have been to a bunch of Phillies/Braves games in Philly and I know what you mean...and THATS BASEBALL.

Don't worry you will be alright...hey we are not Jets fans for Christ's Sake...as long as you are respectful you will be alright. We put up with Broke Back and E-gals fans a Saints fan or two will not even phase us. Plus you guys are naturally respectful anyway. Thanks for that demolishment of the Broke Backs and Coach Prostitute...it was one of my favorite games to watch this year...second to Giants/Broke Backs game #1.

From what I know, Giants fans are a class act. Enjoy and I hope you don't get too devistated when the Giants win. ;)

Welcome to sportswrath! Did you find this place through the link I posted on saintsreport? Dont worry about not being able to get onto the giants official site, as there is alot of senseless foolishness going on there. I believe you will find the posters here educated and down to earth I know I have. I envy you I would give anything to go to the game but its just not possible. have fun and cheer our boys to victory!!

heres a little something to pump you up

Enjoy and I hope you don't get too devistated when the Giants win. ;)

See...this is a win-win situation. If the Saints win I am thrilled and really happy. If the Giants win...my girlfriend is thrilled and happy...and you all know what that means! :rock:

Grammar edit.

welcome to the board, one thing about giants stadium is that the seats are really cramped and there's no leg room, but you get a pretty good view no matter where you sit. don't go there for concerts though :TD:

and these guys are right, the area giants stadium is in is god awful and the traffic getting out of the stadium after the game is absolute hell. enjoy the game

Welcome bro!! ;)

That was quite the ass-woopin you guys put on the Boys.

Easily the best play of the game was (no not Bush and that great catch and run) the onside kick. That was a punch in the gut to the boys, and I LOVED it.

I wet my pants when I saw it...because Coach Prostitute let it happen to the Giants twice when playing the Redskins back in the 80's and also because he thinks he is so cute when he does to other teams including the G-men. He could have dropped dead from the look on his face after that play. :P:LMAO:

and these guys are right, the area giants stadium is in is god awful and the traffic getting out of the stadium after the game is absolute hell. enjoy the game

There is no reason to join in on that migraine waiting to happen. Stick around after the game and have a post-game tailgate. The parking lot quickly becomes empty as all the sheep try and drive home leaving you with wide open space to throw the ball around, grill up some food, and toss back a couple more brews before heading home on an entirely empty highway.

I wet my pants when I saw it...because Coach Prostitute let it happen to the Giants twice when playing the Redskins back in the 80's and also because he thinks he is so cute when he does to other teams including the G-men. He could have dropped dead from the look on his face after that play. :P:LMAO:

The rest of the game he had that scowl on his face like he just wanted to walk off the field, drive home, and shove a shotgun in his mouth. That was a total embarrasment, even worse than when Mangini coached the Jets to a win over Bellichek in NE. Same situation too, a team not expected to do well in the masters home stadium.

There is no reason to join in on that migraine waiting to happen. Stick around after the game and have a post-game tailgate. The parking lot quickly becomes empty as all the sheep try and drive home leaving you with wide open space to throw the ball around, grill up some food, and toss back a couple more brews before heading home on an entirely empty highway.

The rest of the game he had that scowl on his face like he just wanted to walk off the field, drive home, and shove a shotgun in his mouth. That was a total embarrasment, even worse than when Mangini coached the Jets to a win over Bellichek in NE. Same situation too, a team not expected to do well in the masters home stadium.

"What is wrong GrassHopper?"..."Master I am troubled...I had a dream last night ...that I kicked your blind ass all over the temple...you and that shrimp Master Ahn". "Grasshopper look at the lake...see it ripple...and you will have learned"..."Learned? Learned what you old fat fuck...take this learning...@#$%^&*^$%^&&%$^&^%". LOL. I sure hope these lessons keep on happening to The Prostitute!

the worst is getting stuck int hat traffic when you weren't even at the game. i was making great time coming back from atlantic city last month but i passed by giants stadium right as the jets-bears game ended :brooding: