SportsWrath

Gameday Thread: Dallas Cowboys vs. NY Giants

BronxRik

Cowboys_Logo.jpg vs. nyg_logo.jpg

Sunday December 3rd, 2006 @ 4:15pm E.T., on Fox

Fox Game Trax

CBS Sportsline (Video)

NFL.com - NFL News

DALLAS COWBOYS (7-4) at NEW YORK GIANTS (6-5)
Storyline: Lots of good angles in this one.

First of all, it's a division battle for first. And right now, the Giants hold the tiebreaker, having defeated Dallas in Week 7 when Cowboys QB Tony Romo saw his first NFL action. In fact, the Giants have a perfect NFC East record (3-0).

Sunday, Romo -- who went from that game to excite Dallas fans by building a 4-1 record with wins in his last three outings -- will, for the first time, face a team for the second time. So his moves will not be a surprise to the Giants.

Nor will be Tiki Barber's to the Cowboys. Barber -- fourth in the league in rushing (1,080 yards) -- is the only RB this season to break 100 yards against Dallas' fourth-ranked NFL rush defense. And he's due. After five 100-yarders in six games, Barber has been under 100 the past two weeks.

Another Barber -- Dallas' Marion Barber -- pairs up with Julius Jones for a potent Cowboys rushing attack. Close to the goal line, Barber is the man. He leads the NFC in rush TDs with nine, with all but one at five yards or less.

With all the drama of their loss last week to Tennessee, the Giants are re-focused. "We're upset about that game," says center Shaun O'hara, "but we realize the urgency we need to have for this game."

GO GMEN!!!

Oh Shit! I just heard on Sportscenter that the Giants were going to use a short passing game to get Eli Manning in a rhythm! Damn... it took them this long to figure this out.

You have got to be fucking kidding me? You know what, that is what I hate about this whole industry. They shit on fan commentators like we are a bunch of retards...and here it is something that we have all thought, written and spoken on since...since last year's playoff disaster at least. Give this kid a west coast style offense until he is established and then add all of the Kurt Warner style 7,9, 12 step drop classic passer shots down the field. :furious:

You have got to be fucking kidding me? You know what, that is what I hate about this whole industry. They shit on fan commentators like we are a bunch of retards...and here it is something that we have all thought, written and spoken on since...since last year's playoff disaster at least. Give this kid a west coast style offense until he is established and then add all of the Kurt Warner style 7,9, 12 step drop classic passer shots down the field. :furious:

Off topic, but have you ever noticed that ESPN believes it will always take Mike Vick another year to learn the West Coast Offense?

Example: Vick doesn't meet expectations in year 3, ESPN "Expert" says:"Ya know, it usually takes about 4 years to learn this offense."

Vick doesn't meet expectations in year 4, ESPN:"Ya know, it usually takes about 5 years to learn this offense."

Vick has great 3 week stretch in year 5,"Well he's finally learned this offense and it's showing!! This guy is the best of all time!!!"

Vick has horrible 4 game stretch after great 3 game span, ESPN says:" Ya know, it usually takes about 6 years to fully grasp this offense."

Off topic, but have you ever noticed that ESPN believes it will always take Mike Vick another year to learn the West Coast Offense?

Example: Vick doesn't meet expectations in year 3, ESPN "Expert" says:"Ya know, it usually takes about 4 years to learn this offense."

Vick doesn't meet expectations in year 4, ESPN:"Ya know, it usually takes about 5 years to learn this offense."

Vick has great 3 week stretch in year 5,"Well he's finally learned this offense and it's showing!! This guy is the best of all time!!!"

Vick has horrible 4 game stretch after great 3 game span, ESPN says:" Ya know, it usually takes about 6 years to fully grasp this offense."

I thought that I was the only one that realized that. :P

Ok guys, it seems this game is the focus of ESPN and who can blame them. A couple of interesting stuff mentioned there:

-When reviewing the tapes not just did Plax quit on that interception play by Pacman (we all saw that) but on 2 running plays he avoided his block to avoid getting hit.

-Tom Jackson (I have the greatest of respect for this guy) said Strahan should've sent Plax a test message. Meaning that criticism should've never been done on the air. Strahan is a great guy and a great player and as a team leader he should have no problem grabbing plax by the ear and serving him a few words to light a fire under his ass.

-Boomer said our OC needs to make necessary changes. Almost hinting that our OC isn't creative enough to adapt.

I agree with all 3 points.

Oh Shit! I just heard on Sportscenter that the Giants were going to use a short passing game to get Eli Manning in a rhythm! Damn... it took them this long to figure this out.

Believe that shit if u want to. :P

This hardheaded coaching staff STILL thinks Eli posseses that cannon arm, the wind doesn't affect Eli, and Plax is a "legit" deep threat. All lies of course.

Be prepared for 7 step drops and the "Chuck and Prey" to Plax. And don't break your t.v. when the Giants not utilize Tiki/Jacobs/Shockey. I see the same o' shit. Pure frustration on the fan part.

Believe that shit if u want to. :P

This hardheaded coaching staff STILL thinks Eli posseses that cannon arm, the wind doesn't affect Eli, and Plax is a "legit" deep threat. All lies of course.

Be prepared for 7 step drops and the "Chuck and Prey" to Plax. And don't break your t.v. when the Giants not utilize Tiki/Jacobs/Shockey. I see the same o' shit. Pure frustration on the fan part.

I'm at work. If I break one of these TVs I will be shot... according to my manager.