SportsWrath

Giants own a top 10 pick after loss to Eagles.

Sephiroth

Actually....they own draft spot no. 10. If Tampa had cooperated and beaten Carolina, we'd have gotten 9, but that wasn't going to happen.

Eagles will draft somewhere between 13-16.

At least as the draft order reverses every other round (for teams with the same record), we will always be drafting ahead of the Eagles.

There are four teams with a 6-10 record.

Picks in round 1:

8 - Miami Dolphins (6-10)

9 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-10)

10 - New York Football Giants (6-10)

11 - Chicago Bears (6-10)

Picks in round 2 (because New England loses 1st round pick, everyone moves up one spot)

(2nd) 7 - Bears

(2nd) 8 - Giants

(2nd) 9 - Bucs

(2nd) 10 - Dolphins

We should be in good position to grab a couple of very good players

Picks in round 1:

Picks in round 2 (because New England loses 1st round pick, everyone moves up one spot)

(2nd) 7 - Bears

(2nd) 8 - Giants

(2nd) 9 - Bucs

(2nd) 10 - Dolphins

I have no confidence of that.

I have no confidence of that.

Well, they snatched JPP, OBJ, Flowers, etc., which have been good. Not like the old days when we came away with LT or Carl Banks, but we usually do well in the first couple of rounds. We simply suck after the third round though...that's where we really have to up our game.

Picks in round 1:

(2nd) 7 - Bears

(2nd) 8 - Giants

(2nd) 9 - Bucs

(2nd) 10 - Dolphins

probably a long snapper and the water boy out of whooly bhooly state

Well, they snatched JPP, OBJ, Flowers, etc., which have been good. Not like the old days when we came away with LT or Carl Banks, but we usually do well in the first couple of rounds. We simply suck after the third round though...that's where we really have to up our game.

Our GM blows.

Flowers hasn't been good

Flowers hasn't been good

Yeah for as highly he was taken the guy is still raw NFL player, he cant hold a block to save his life and speed/strength kills him. Granted he's been injured.

In a couple years time though he'll be one of the best, just need more coaching and has to get used to the speed of starting DEs in the league.

Yeah for as highly he was taken the guy is still raw NFL player, he cant hold a block to save his life and speed/strength kills him. Granted he's been injured.

In a couple years time though he'll be one of the best, just need more coaching and has to get used to the speed of starting DEs in the league.

I would like to see him move to RT. He would be much better against strongside DE's

With respect to Flowers, he was playing hurt all year and I respect the toughness he displayed to play through it. I also love the fact that he's a fiery guy, not just some strong quiet guy but someone who gets pissed off and plays that way. Further, we have to remind ourselves that he was brought in to be a RT this past year. Beatty's injury changed that obviously. End of the day, Flowers showed an awful lot of promise and he held his own quite a bit. He's a huge building block of this team going forward.

Depending on the offseason and what other players are brought in, I may be very much inclined to leave him at LT given that should be his position years from now. I'll take the growing pains now in order to give him the valuable snaps and experience that will only serve to benefit him years from now.

The first 20 picks are set in stone - playoff teams TBD

1. Tennessee Titans

2. Cleveland Browns

3. San Diego Chargers

4. Dallas Cowboys

5. Jacksonville Jaguars

6. Baltimore Ravens

7. San Francisco 49ers

8. Miami Dolphins

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

10. New York Giants

11. Chicago Bears

12. New Orleans Saints

13. Philadelphia Eagles

14. Oakland Raiders

15. St. Louis Rams

16. Detroit Lions

17. Atlanta Falcons

18. Indianapolis Colts

19. Buffalo Bills

20. New York Jets

Order of playoff teams is to be determined

Seattle Seahawks

Pittsburgh Steelers

Minnesota Vikings

Kansas City Chiefs

Washington

Houston Texans

Green Bay Packers

Denver Broncos

Cincinnati Bengals

New England Patriots (pick forfeited due to Deflategate punishment)

Arizona Cardinals

Carolina Panthers

With respect to Flowers, he was playing hurt all year and I respect the toughness he displayed to play through it. I also love the fact that he's a fiery guy, not just some strong quiet guy but someone who gets pissed off and plays that way. Further, we have to remind ourselves that he was brought in to be a RT this past year. Beatty's injury changed that obviously. End of the day, Flowers showed an awful lot of promise and he held his own quite a bit. He's a huge building block of this team going forward.

Depending on the offseason and what other players are brought in, I may be very much inclined to leave him at LT given that should be his position years from now. I'll take the growing pains now in order to give him the valuable snaps and experience that will only serve to benefit him years from now.

Agree. For a rookie, playing LT on a bad ankle, Flowers did fine and he'll only get better. I'm looking forward to him being on our OL, probably at LT, for the next 10 years.

The first 20 picks are set in stone - playoff teams TBD

1. Tennessee Titans

2. Cleveland Browns

3. San Diego Chargers

4. Dallas Cowboys

5. Jacksonville Jaguars

6. Baltimore Ravens

7. San Francisco 49ers

8. Miami Dolphins

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

10. New York Giants

11. Chicago Bears

12. New Orleans Saints

13. Philadelphia Eagles

14. Oakland Raiders

15. St. Louis Rams

16. Detroit Lions

17. Atlanta Falcons

18. Indianapolis Colts

19. Buffalo Bills

20. New York Jets

Order of playoff teams is to be determined

Seattle Seahawks

Pittsburgh Steelers

Minnesota Vikings

Kansas City Chiefs

Washington

Houston Texans

Green Bay Packers

Denver Broncos

Cincinnati Bengals

New England Patriots (pick forfeited due to Deflategate punishment)

Arizona Cardinals

Carolina Panthers

If I had the choice of picking 13th vs. 10th or playing in London, I'd take 13th.

You'd rather play in Seattle than London?

We've seen London already.... no home field advantage there, great place to play a road game.

I think it's fairly well known that travel time jacks up the team for the following week. Less rest going into the game and less rest going into the next.

I think it's fairly well known that travel time jacks up the team for the following week. Less rest going into the game and less rest going into the next.

Except that the NFL schedules the bye weeks for the team's playing in London after that game. All 6 teams who played in London this year had their bye week following that game.

In terms of messing up your sleep schedule for that week... you get in as early as possible during the week and it shouldn't be too much of an issue by Sunday. And both teams are on equal footing in that regard, I don't see it as a big deal. The bigger deal is that one team loses a home game which sucks for them.

If I had the choice of picking 13th vs. 10th or playing in London, I'd take 13th.

Come next April - the difference will be huge - that is, if you are like the rest of us who spend hours, days, and weeks evaluating players. One spot difference in the draft order can be huge. And drafting ahead of the Eagles is a major advantage in the next draft. The difference between a top shelf DE and a OG that "might" be good in the NFL.

There are three DE's in the draft that are difference makers. Joey Bosa, DeForest Buckner, and Emmanuel Ogbah - they will be gone by the end of the 10th pick...hopefully, one of them falling in the Giants' lap. The fall off in DE's after the first three is quite obvious (although, they could still pan out to be great).

Getting a top 10 pick is a luxury and an advantage. It's even a greater advantage in the 2nd round when there is a scattering of first round players who fell through the cracks and we draft higher up in the order.

No one who follows the draft wishes they were drafting later than sooner...unless of course, you are in one of the top spots and you prefer trading down for extra picks because there are so many needs on the team.