SportsWrath

Eli Manning Sucks!

jranieli

Lol okay, eli manning might suck but he doesn't suck that bad. Guy got 2 rings with the giants...and he goes and burns the jersey

No doubt burning the jersey is too extreme given Eli's accomplishments...but yeah, he's not making anyone around him any better. Eli has the ability to hold his own...but he does NOT have the ability to raise everyone else's play around him. That's the line, to me, that separates the really, really good from the hall of fame/elite.

No doubt burning the jersey is too extreme given Eli's accomplishments...but yeah, he's not making anyone around him any better. Eli has the ability to hold his own...but he does NOT have the ability to raise everyone else's play around him. That's the line, to me, that separates the really, really good from the hall of fame/elite.

I agree with everything here

A certain weight falls onto the rest of the team as well.

Peyton Manning can make any WR/TE and offense look like it's something special but take a look at the SB last year. The Seahawks exploited the weak Oline by bringing the house at Peyton on every play. It's the same thing the Patriots did back with he played for the Colts.

I think Eli is in a similar situation now.

A certain weight falls onto the rest of the team as well.

Peyton Manning can make any WR/TE and offense look like it's something special but take a look at the SB last year. The Seahawks exploited the weak Oline by bringing the house at Peyton on every play. It's the same thing the Patriots did back with he played for the Colts.

I think Eli is in a similar situation now.

Just because a QB can make other players better, doesn't absolve the other player from doing their part. A TE or WR still has to get to the right spot, know their reads, etc. But, a QB can throw to a back shoulder or throw to a space where the receiver can use their body to separate the defender from the ball. There's something to be said about 'throwing a WR open' is what I'm saying. Or, the QB can alter the route/play to gain an advantage for the receiver. Same, a WR can make a QB look awfully good by getting open/making difficult catches.

And my point, is Eli isn't accurate enough to throw a receiver open, the offense is too new for players to be altering routes/plays. Further, the receivers were not able to get very open...thereby routine catches became contested.

This is so true, and so well said, but I also think that they aren't letting Eli be Eli in this system. He has played one way for 10 years, and now they are asking him to change.

I don't think he has elevated anyone's game this season so far, but we have all SEEN him do exactly that, durig playoff runs, when it counts the most. Just wish he would do it consistently, instead of in spurts..

Yeah eli has for most of his career made those around him look good. People are getting awfully short memories right now.

Well, therein lies the debate. Over the last 10+ years, where does the greater impact fall. Is it...

Eli making everyone around him appear to perform at higher levels

or

Everyone around Eli making Eli appear to perform at a higher level.

I'm certain it's some combination of the two given it IS a team sport after all. And certainly, the answer to the question will be shrouded with opinion on clutch/routine moments, playoffs/regular season, injuries, etc.

The reason the 'short memories' are raising their voices now...is that Eli is not currently helping his teammates nor are his teammates helping him. So it's not so much a short memory as it is an exploration as to why the team isn't performing up to the standard that fans can reasonably expect out of a QB who supposedly raises the level of play of those around him.

Well, therein lies the debate. Over the last 10+ years, where does the greater impact fall. Is it...

Eli making everyone around him appear to perform at higher levels

or

Everyone around Eli making Eli appear to perform at a higher level.

I'm certain it's some combination of the two given it IS a team sport after all. And certainly, the answer to the question will be shrouded with opinion on clutch/routine moments, playoffs/regular season, injuries, etc.

The reason the 'short memories' are raising their voices now...is that Eli is not currently helping his teammates nor are his teammates helping him. So it's not so much a short memory as it is an exploration as to why the team isn't performing up to the standard that fans can reasonably expect out of a QB who supposedly raises the level of play of those around him.

i think that's fair for a lot of people, but i don't think it applies to the guy in the video