1. 1. Who should the giants draft

• Maye
    • McCarthy
    • Nabers
    • Odunze
    • Alt
    • Penix
    • Trade back bpa

I'd like a QB but I feel we are out of reach and the teams that want a QB are in a.better position to get one or outbid the Giants.

With that being said if the top 4 QBs gone, then I think Nabers has to be the choice. 

If he isn't there then maybe a trade back if possible. 

Get a later first for Penix

48 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'd like a QB but I feel we are out of reach and the teams that want a QB are in a.better position to get one or outbid the Giants.

With that being said if the top 4 QBs gone, then I think Nabers has to be the choice. 

If he isn't there then maybe a trade back if possible. 

Get a later first for Penix

Someone make me a GM.

Look I know it’s not realistic. But saw a TikTok that showed the falcons owner coming to the draft room to talk to the Gm. The assumption was he was pissed at the pick. Maybe he becomes available?

26 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Look I know it’s not realistic. But saw a TikTok that showed the falcons owner coming to the draft room to talk to the Gm. The assumption was he was pissed at the pick. Maybe he becomes available?

Seems unlikely the giants would trade for the guy they just declined to draft.  Seemed unlikely that the falcons would accept less than a 1st for a guy they spent a first on last night. 

37 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

From my understanding the owner basically can veto any draft pick and pick who they want, which has happened before, Dwayne Haskins and Bryce Young being more recent examples of owners telling the coaching staff who to take.

The owner/GM/HC are the only three people in the room who know are truly going to be drafted by a team in the first few rounds, after that they just let whoever pick players which was a common theme among the Coughlin days here.

I highly highly doubt that Blank didn't have any idea of the pick and would of had to give the ok to it before it happened.

It was a strange pick but one the Falcons clearly believe in, despite the insanity of it.

Also the last time any team traded for a player who was just drafted was us in 2004 with Eli.

And only because Eli outright refused to play for the Chargers.

Penix has the chance to make Kirk the highest paid back up ever, if Kirk struggles coming back from the ACL.

12 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also the last time any team traded for a player who was just drafted was us in 2004 with Eli.

And only because Eli outright refused to play for the Chargers.

Penix has the chance to make Kirk the highest paid back up ever, if Kirk struggles coming back from the ACL.

and the rules have changed since then. 

I think now you can’t trade a guy until he signs a contract. 

I know you’re all right. The only thing that makes me think this was a last minute fuck it pick they apparently didn’t even bring it up to Kirk at any point as being on the table. 

The either really fell for the smokescreens thinking there would be multiple trades to get McCarthy so that Nabors or alt would fall. 

or the Atlanta falcons have developed a master class at pre-draft secrecy.  

Just now, Virginia Giant said:

I know you’re all right. The only thing that makes me think this was a last minute fuck it pick they apparently didn’t even bring it up to Kirk at any point as singing on the table. 

The either really fell for the smokescreens thinking there would be multiple trades to get McCarthy so that Nabors or alt would fall. 

or the Atlanta falcons have developed a master class at pre-draft secrecy.  

I mean owners/GMs dont have to tell players shit if they think it's helping the team.

Rodgers got no warning about Love, and I believe Favre had no idea about Rodgers.

Eli was never told about Jones.

They clearly had a high rank on Penix and in the most recent article I've read the GM said they looked at the Green Bay situation and valued adding a QB behind Kirk.

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean owners/GMs dont have to tell players shit if they think it's helping the team.

Rodgers got no warning about Love, and I believe Favre had no idea about Rodgers.

They clearly had a high rank on Penix and in the most recent article I've read the GM said they looked at the Green Bay situation and valued adding a QB behind Kirk.

Yeah I know they don’t HAVE to tell them. And those other situations eye all clearly guys entering the final stage of their career with really open talks about the teams needing to draft the successor.  Not a situation like the falcons where the biggest thing they did this offseason was being in Kirk and give him a huge payday to BE that guy that got them over the hump and changed the franchise and before a snap is taken his replacement is taken with atop 10 pick instead of improving the team around their biggest acquisition. 

totally different situations. 

probably just a move that looks good on paper when you’re drawing it up that the moneyball type guys got excited about how clever they were but nobody with football experience said “hey, this is kind of fucked”. 

honestly feel worse for Penix. Arguably the best QB in the draft starting at potentially sitting for a few years anyway. 

15 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Rodgers sat for what? 2 years behind Favre? But he was young....Penix is already 23....this pick doesnt make any sense. Worse than our situation paying DJ 40 mill this year.....and he IS going to be the starter unless Lock lights it up the first couple weeks

5 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Rodgers sat for what? 2 years behind Favre? But he was young....Penix is already 23....this pick doesnt make any sense. Worse than our situation paying DJ 40 mill this year.....and he IS going to be the starter unless Lock lights it up the first couple weeks

And best case scenario Kirk plays the while 4 years and retires. And you have one real year to evaluate as a starter a really late 20s qb to see if you give him a second contract. 

The issue is their contracts are the same length and cousins isn’t super old.  How are they going to decide on the 5th year option if cousins is still there keeping them competitive in 3 years?  Its not like he’s injury prone either 

Once again here's Kirk, the luckiest S.O.B. who's never won anything meaningful in the NFL. Yeah, he's got a yungin barking up his ass, but so what? He'll walk away with $100 mil at a minimum, and could probably still find another team if Atlanta decided to eat the money and get rid of him somehow and make the switch to Penix. And Penix? How could he not be happy? With all the injury talk, to be able to work during the week and sit out getting beat up on Sunday for, what, 2 seasons maybe? A N D collect $22 mil on a rookie contract while he stays healthy? The sad thing is he'll be 28 if Kirk lasts the whole 4 years.

The loser here is the Falcons bank account, not the QB's, aside from pride maybe. 

2 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Once again here's Kirk, the luckiest S.O.B. who's never won anything meaningful in the NFL. Yeah, he's got a yungin barking up his ass, but so what? He'll walk away with $100 mil at a minimum, and could probably still find another team if Atlanta decided to eat the money and get rid of him somehow and make the switch to Penix. And Penix? How could he not be happy? With all the injury talk, to be able to work during the week and sit out getting beat up on Sunday for, what, 2 seasons maybe? A N D collect $22 mil on a rookie contract while he stays healthy? The sad thing is he'll be 28 if Kirk lasts the whole 4 years.

The loser here is the Falcons bank account, not the QB's, aside from pride maybe. 

I agree with you and think Penix is in an enviable situation.  If he gets ants in his pants three years from now he can push for a trade to a decent team and not one where he would get pounded on every snap.  A win win for him now.