SportsWrath

Eagles discussing resting the starters.

Via Mr.CryMeASirianni press conference.

Win or lose the Eagles stay in the same playoff spot, the only factor is the Washington/Dallas game which may move them down a spot.

They are "in discussion" about resting starters against us.

I said it in the gameday thread, they will rest their starters, we win the game on a last second TD. 

In the end we get pushed out of a top 5 pick and the Eagles get the last laugh. 

The way they have been playing they need to figure shit out and tune up on us.  But I also think it is too important to them to keep their streak alive against us.  

The resting the starters is fine either way, probably assures a 1 and done playoff for them and we can get Penix outside of the top 10. 

The wildcard to it right now...  there might be a pretty significant snow storm hitting NJ on Sunday.     I would not blame the Eagles for sitting guys in that sort of situation, but I do not think taking the foot off the gas before playoffs is always a bad idea.

I think a win would only move the Giants from the 5th pick to the 7th, so I could like with that to hang an L to the Eagles

Yeah furthest we can be pushed down is 7. That being said, I'm rooting for a top-2 pick.

Penix is a very talented player from what I gather but if the most injured team in the NFL over the past 20 years takes the most injured QB in college I'm going to be pissed.

6 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah furthest we can be pushed down is 7. That being said, I'm rooting for a top-2 pick.

Penix is a very talented player from what I gather but if the most injured team in the NFL over the past 20 years takes the most injured QB in college I'm going to be pissed.

His injury history is scary.

To ACLs and multiple breaks.

Dude is one 300lb lineman landing on him away from being in a wheelchair. 

As you said though super talented thrower.

But after Jones I don't want my franchise QB missing time. 

8 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I do not think we can move up...   Don't we have the the tie breakers against the Skins, Cards and Pats due to beating them head to head?  The Panthers have the top spot locked

3 minutes ago, Herc said:

I think we can move as high as 2 if all three of those teams win and we lose—our strength of schedule is lower than all 3

Well that is great news then!    I had assumed head to head was the tie breaker, lowest SOS is the first delineator.   

6 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

I do not think we can move up...   Don't we have the the tie breakers against the Skins, Cards and Pats due to beating them head to head?  The Panthers have the top spot locked

2 minutes ago, Herc said:

I think we can move as high as 2 if all three of those teams win and we lose—our strength of schedule is lower than all 3

Yeah it used to be head to head record, now it's strength of schedule. If those teams all win and we lose then the Giants move up to 2nd overall. 

Rumors has it that the Commies, Pats, and Chicago are all looking to draft a QB so with the Cards moving down after their victory this weekend we're kind of fucked on landing a top QB even at 4. We need to get to the 3 spot or better.

7 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah it used to be head to head record, now it's strength of schedule. If those teams all win and we lose then the Giants move up to 2nd overall. 

Rumors has it that the Commies, Pats, and Chicago are all looking to draft a QB so with the Cards moving down after their victory this weekend we're kind of fucked on landing a top QB even at 4. We need to get to the 3 spot or better.

To be fair inside the top 5 (with a loss) I don't think position will matter just who the Giants fall in love with. 

I really don't think this QB draft is as spectacular as the pundits are raving about, reminds me of that 2011 draft when four QBs went top 15 all of them "can't miss guys" 

The only one anyone can name is Newton. 

Locker, Ponder and Gabbert were the other three. 

On 1/1/2024 at 3:54 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Then again maybe they play the starters to build some momentum since they just shit the bed.

Doesn't really matter. They can field their entire3rd string roster and we'll look like we're going to kill them, and then, in some sick Desean Jackson-esque twist of fate they will beat the shit out of us out of nowhere. Just the way this season has gone. 

Gotta believe that 2 QBs are going in top 4.  My guess is Harrison Jr and top OT go as well.

So you're probably looking at 2nd OT, 2nd WR, top defender regardless of position but likely CB or DE.  Taking names out of it completely, 3rd QB seems like reaching at 5 overall.

I am torn between wanting Harrison and 2nd OT.  Don't know enough about CBs or DEs yet for any of them to jump off the page.

6 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Gotta believe that 2 QBs are going in top 4.  My guess is Harrison Jr and top OT go as well.

So you're probably looking at 2nd OT, 2nd WR, top defender regardless of position but likely CB or DE.  Taking names out of it completely, 3rd QB seems like reaching at 5 overall.

I am torn between wanting Harrison and 2nd OT.  Don't know enough about CBs or DEs yet for any of them to jump off the page.

Ask Dragon, 9 of the top 10 picks are coming out of FSU

3 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

So its going to be between Nabers, Joe Alt and Ozu looks like.....depending on who they like - unless they flip the switch on Penix

I watched some more Nabers film... he's a really intriguing prospect. He doesn't have elite speed at all but has elite literally everything else. Ball tracking, timing his jumps, manipulating DBs with head and shoulder fakes, etc. 

I know this is an absurd comparison but he reminds me of Jerry Rice a little bit.